Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8th and **** football isn't good enough with some of the players we have got at our disposal. What has happened with Jota and Adama is surely going to happen to Neves soon.
I'm not seeing enough signs of change for me to want him to stay on. I think it was a gamble taking him on. His position should be reviewed at the end of the season.
I don't buy that he's working miracles. Our defensive record when Kilman played last season is similar to the one we have now. We aren't a great watch. We don't score enough. We don't create enough chances. We don't control enough games. Apparently that's all the fault of the kids, despite there being none on the park.
Except for trincao, the extra midfielder that pulls out of tackles. And we didn't need to recruit a midfielder, just more wingers, in spite of our inability to control games, create chances or score goals from there.
Something isn't right. Sa has papered over the cracks for most of this season. Fosun have been pretty ruthless so far. I wonder if it will continue.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage makes me laugh.

Confirms this evening that all good between him and Hoever but manages to have another go at him with a reference to the Liverpool mistake.

"For sure I will give him another chance. There are not too many managers who give a big chance to Ki after what he did against Liverpool (giving the ball away before a late winner). A couple of games later he started against Chelsea and Nelson Semedo was on the bench. We had a good talk, face to face, then after with the team. Ki knows he will have another chance with me. We move on.”

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems that personal responsibility is an alien concept to most on here

If Hoever wasn’t doing the work but saying he was good to play, Bruno has given him the chance to prove him wrong but he’s proven him right and got injured.

Hoever either sulks like a brat, or accepts the advice of his leaders and knuckles down.

This whole forum must be self employed or work for the council, seems hardly any posters have ever had a size 10 up the backside at work
To be fair, usually told them where to stick it, you pay me to work not to be told off.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually staggered that there are people talking about him not being in charge next season. I just don't get it. Yeah we are not a great watch but we were not before he arrived and he sure as **** hasn't been backed but has still got us into the top half with room to spare.

The only way he isnt here is if he walks himself. Saying that, if we slump for the rest of the season he could be in danger.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage makes me laugh.

Confirms this evening that all good between him and Hoever but manages to have another go at him with a reference to the Liverpool mistake.

"For sure I will give him another chance. There are not too many managers who give a big chance to Ki after what he did against Liverpool (giving the ball away before a late winner). A couple of games later he started against Chelsea and Nelson Semedo was on the bench. We had a good talk, face to face, then after with the team. Ki knows he will have another chance with me. We move on.”

Thought the same when reading. How to do a double take as wasn't sure I was reading it right lol.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8th and **** football isn't good enough with some of the players we have got at our disposal. What has happened with Jota and Adama is surely going to happen to Neves soon.
I'm not seeing enough signs of change for me to want him to stay on. I think it was a gamble taking him on. His position should be reviewed at the end of the season.
I don't buy that he's working miracles. Our defensive record when Kilman played last season is similar to the one we have now. We aren't a great watch. We don't score enough. We don't create enough chances. We don't control enough games. Apparently that's all the fault of the kids, despite there being none on the park.
Except for trincao, the extra midfielder that pulls out of tackles. And we didn't need to recruit a midfielder, just more wingers, in spite of our inability to control games, create chances or score goals from there.
Something isn't right. Sa has papered over the cracks for most of this season. Fosun have been pretty ruthless so far. I wonder if it will continue.
I’d say we are exactly where we should be with the players we have. Take out Neves, Sa and a fully fit Neto and how many of those players are getting in teams above us?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage makes me laugh.

Pep dug out Kyle Walker earlier in the week for still being suspended for Europe for something stupid he did before Xmas. Has anything Bruno said about Hoever been factually incorrect? He needs to own his mistakes. I don’t get this massive outcry because Lage has come out and said what he has, it’s clear to everyone it’s a shot at him (and others) in the public eye to get a reaction from them. If he said nothing at all or protected his players he’s get accused of having a comfy squad.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8th and good football!

I can't think of many teams who sacked a manager because they wanted "good" football, and went on to actually improve. I can think a lot of teams who had delusions of grandeur, picked a more fun manager, and then dropped like a stone.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What position do you think would be "good enough" to warrant him keeping his job?
If we actually score some goals occasionally, top half would be fine. Was that the 6th or 7th time we've failed to score at home this season?
We should be setting the bar high here.
And it's the wrong way of looking at it. We should be looking to get the best players we can, the best managers we can. The managers job is just another job at the club.
I'll take entertainment or europe. We start playing our system with 2 genuine full backs rather than wing-backs, two defensive midfielders and a podence as a false 9 it is not rocket science to see why we'll get neither. And it will be nothing to do with kids.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we actually score some goals occasionally, top half would be fine. Was that the 6th or 7th time we've failed to score at home this season?
We should be setting the bar high here.
And it's the wrong way of looking at it. We should be looking to get the best players we can, the best managers we can. The managers job is just another job at the club.
I'll take entertainment or europe. We start playing our system with 2 genuine full backs rather than wing-backs, two defensive midfielders and a podence as a false 9 it is not rocket science to see why we'll get neither. And it will be nothing to do with kids.

Europe, so we're ONE place below where you think is acceptable, and thats got you wanting him gone if it continues.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Latest news from press conference according to spiers.

Bruno has confirmed Jonny will start tonight.
Bruno offered MGW opportunity to return in January and fight for his place.

Why didn’t Bruno tell MGW that Bruno wanted him here? He is paid by the club and should do whatever the manager wants. We shouldn’t be giving players the option as to wether they want to play for us or not.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Europe, so we're ONE place below where you think is acceptable, and thats got you wanting him gone if it continues.
If the goals keep drying up then yeah. You seem to have omitted that part from your argument.
Half our home games we haven't scored in. This isn't just 3 games, its the entire season. Without doing anything about it.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's happy playing for shef united,can see them signing him,especially if they get promoted.Last thing we need is a player sulking.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say we are exactly where we should be with the players we have. Take out Neves, Sa and a fully fit Neto and how many of those players are getting in teams above us?
I take your point.
Ait nouri is. Kilman is. Semedo is on his form since the last palace game.

Traore went straight into a top 4 la liga side. I look at Podence and get frustrated with him, partially because he's come to replace two players I like and i'm not convinced he's an upgrade, but still, as soon as we bought on more attacking players he created more than enough chances to suggest he could play for a top 7 club.
Doc is currently playing well for Spurs, despite all the hate he has got over the couple of years.
Our players aren't ****.
And 8th would be okay if we weren't goal starved. Let's face it we're a tough watch.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pep dug out Kyle Walker earlier in the week for still being suspended for Europe for something stupid he did before Xmas. Has anything Bruno said about Hoever been factually incorrect? He needs to own his mistakes. I don’t get this massive outcry because Lage has come out and said what he has, it’s clear to everyone it’s a shot at him (and others) in the public eye to get a reaction from them. If he said nothing at all or protected his players he’s get accused of having a comfy squad.
No outcry from me. I stuck up for Bruno over weekend.

I just found it funny that when saying everything was alright he managed to make sure he got another dig in.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take your point.
Ait nouri is. Kilman is. Semedo is on his form since the last palace game.

Traore went straight into a top 4 la liga side. I look at Podence and get frustrated with him, partially because he's come to replace two players I like and i'm not convinced he's an upgrade, but still, as soon as we bought on more attacking players he created more than enough chances to suggest he could play for a top 7 club.
Doc is currently playing well for Spurs, despite all the hate he has got over the couple of years.
Our players aren't ****.
And 8th would be okay if we weren't goal starved. Let's face it we're a tough watch.
I think you’re over egging the pudding there. Kilman and RAN both have potential to be top players but right now they aren’t getting a game for teams above us.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No outcry from me. I stuck up for Bruno over weekend.

I just found it funny that when saying everything was alright he managed to make sure he got another dig in.
I’m sure it is. Purely opinion rather than fact but I imagine he’s been at Hoever in particular for a bit, in private. He doesn’t look “right” be it playing or warming up everything looks a bit half *****. He came here with a good reputation and hasn’t kicked on at all, perhaps Lage felt digging him out in public might be a bit of extra motivation for him (and others). There’s short comings with Lage, like most managers but one thing I love his the mentality he has, you can just tell he expects everyone to put in 100% in everything they do in games and on the training pitch, I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11th and good football would be okay!

I don't think it's as straightforwards as that - to be doing that, we'd be losing more games, and winning fewer than we are now. Would you really be coming away from a 3-2 defeat happier than if we win 1-0?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I don’t know what has been going on in training this week to correct things but Bruno the fans are owed a performance tonight after last Saturday

CologneWolf

Reaction score
The only way he isnt here is if he walks himself. Saying that, if we slump for the rest of the season he could be in danger.
I’d be shocked if he is not still here to begin pre-season.

Maybe I hang too much on it but I still find the post match press conference at old Trafford poignant. It was mostly labelled here as a good old scalding from his masters. I still maintain there must have been talks between Bruno and Fosun around the time he kept bleating like a lamb in the media that the squad needs strengthening. Because he then changed his tune and he said he and Fosun were singing from the same hymn sheet.

I gather Fosun have said there won’t be anything happening in January for reasons XYZ. We will back you in the summer.

He could still be privately annoyed about it but he got on with the job and after a positive January results wise we were sitting pretty.

Granted, we are currently in a rough patch form wise but if he’s been promised a summer re-tool why should he walk? And if he already laid his early season concerns out to Jeff and co and they are now being realised then Fosun will be understanding of why our form and results have recently suffered.

I think both parties have come to agreement and know what is required of each other come summer time. Bruno has proven he’s a solid manager and had 12 months with this squad, he knows what he has and what he needs. It would be a rash decision for fosun to blow it all up and bring in another new manager to be in the same position we were 12 months ago.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it's as straightforwards as that - to be doing that, we'd be losing more games, and winning fewer than we are now. Would you really be coming away from a 3-2 defeat happier than if we win 1-0?
As a one off, No.

Would you rather see us lose 3-2 to Norwich and beat Burnley 2-0 or sit watching 180 minutes of goalless football?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you’re over egging the pudding there. Kilman and RAN both have potential to be top players but right now they aren’t getting a game for teams above us.
No, this isn't potential. This is them being our high performers this season. They have potential to improve sure, as does everybody. But marcal doesn't keep Dalah in his back pocket like that.
Ait-Nouri might have problems with consistency, although it's hard to say when he gets randomly dropped all the time, having not played badly. Our defensive record this season is obscene when he has been on the park. Yet he's the guy that gets dropped when we want a more defensive option.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, this isn't potential. This is them being our high performers this season. They have potential to improve sure, as does everybody. But marcal doesn't keep Dalah in his back pocket like that.
Ait-Nouri might have problems with consistency, although it's hard to say when he gets randomly dropped all the time, having not played badly. Our defensive record this season is obscene when he has been on the park. Yet he's the guy that gets dropped when we want a more defensive option.
Which teams above us do RAN and Kilman start in?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think Kilman would get a game for a Chelsea as well.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This whole thing, I'm not really calling for Lage's head and some of what I'm writing is clearly coming from anger, but there is a bit of a triple whammy effect here.

Strike 1. Teamsheet ****. Not what I would have chosen. Oh well.
Strike 2. Performance predictably **** as Podence predictably can't hold up the ball in the middle of the park. 5 efforts before we have a shot, all on the counter as we struggle in our own half. Not great, but oh well, no real surprise I guess, with that team selection. What did we expect? We're still 8th. We've got Watford next. He'll probably learn a lot from this. Second half better; chiquinho comes on looks useful. Podence gets better as there are more attacking players around him, but the game is mostly over.
Strike 3. Next day Blame the kids, blame the guy for getting injured, single out the defensive mistakes rather than how often we lost the ball on the half way line leaving the defense in **** and everybody except for your **** team selection.

It might be one result, but the whole thing just comes across as a watershed moment. Like the guy doesn't know how to get the best out of everybody he has at his disposal, or at least get them playing attractive football.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I need to stop watching Lage interviews because he seems to me to come over as a complete ******.
I'm getting that way too. I'm glad (but surprised) that so many seemed to have really warmed to him but I just don't feel it at all. Think he comes across as very cold, detached and arrogant. Will be very happy to be proved wrong!

Back
Top Bottom