Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ask Wolves

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E sports and rolling out the line about FFP

Clearly didn’t have the ambition to get into top 6 and are happy jjst surviving in the prem providing our t shirts are shown on the Xbox
Would you prefer they spunk a couple of £100 million and drop the debt on the club?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if relegation looms in January and the scenario of hiding behind ffp when the whole project risks collapsing will change.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

The complete second series of Ask Wolves is now available to supporters in a variety of mediums, should be interesting..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but signing a centre back or centre mid for 30 million in Jan could have been the difference
Toti came in and did well and I’d wager up until the Neves injury we’d still have gone with Neves and Moutinho as the trusted two.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took a few minutes before relegation was mentioned, heh. Wolves won't be near going down, neither will we be in the position of going high either, we are perfect definition of mid table.

molinew

Reaction score
Just a hunch, but I wonder whether the release of these videos a relatively long time after the end of the season (Sellars said they were recording 4 games before the end of the season), suggests the club have now made a decision to keep Lage after some deliberation. Would be odd to release this then not back the coach, given he has his own video, though that would also be very Wolves...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a hunch, but I wonder whether the release of these videos a relatively long time after the end of the season (Sellars said they were recording 4 games before the end of the season), suggests the club have now made a decision to keep Lage after some deliberation. Would be odd to release this then not back the coach, given he has his own video, though that would also be very Wolves...
I have that instinct too.

FWIW, Bruno will NOT leave now this has been released. Chinese PR wouldn't allow us to make him #1 then sack him soon thereafter.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I don’t think Bruno’s position was under scrutiny apart from how the season ended and the argument then was injuries which if he’d been able to sign the players he wanted wouldn’t be an issue. It’d be like Pizza Hut sacking a branch manager for not selling stuffed crusts when they didn’t send them any

MontyR

Reaction score
E sports and rolling out the line about FFP

Clearly didn’t have the ambition to get into top 6 and are happy jjst surviving in the prem providing our t shirts are shown on the Xbox
If you want to seriously compete with the top 6 then you need to build your revenue streams and esports is one way to do it. Look at how much Liverpool and United generate just because of the huge international following they have. Man City are building a big US following because they’ve partnered with a top esports team called FaZe Clan

The Wolves logo was on full-show during the latest MSI event which averaged over 500k viewers per game, all the way up to 2 million+ in the final (which wolves’ partner team missed out on). I don’t even think those views consider people watching from Asia.

Anybody who watches the premier league regularly already has a team they support. Esports is a way to target those people who might not watch and ensure Wolves is ‘their’ team. Quite smart if you ask me.

If people want consistent Top 6 then the revenue stream needs to match it. Tapping into the international market and finding those who don’t yet watch the premier league is a great way to do it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I love the words fans use, "ambition" and "investment".

I.E spending loads of money on what is a terrible investment (football players & their wages)
I think the issue is there. They spent net £126m to turn us from a club worth tens of millions into one worth hundreds. To get us up another level might cost more like a billion and still might fail.

On the other hand if we don't spend enough we might be back to being worth a lot less again!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think the issue is there. They spent net £126m to turn us from a club worth tens of millions into one worth hundreds. To get us up another level might cost more like a billion and still might fail.

On the other hand if we don't spend enough we might be back to being worth a lot less again!
Yeah exactly, people massively underestimate the amount we'd need to consistently spend. Even if we'd have managed to make the Champions League for one season really wouldn't hugely move the needle long term, especially as player bonuses always eat loads of that anyway.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Financially there has to be a sweet spot. Spend as little as possible to keep us in the premier league and competitive. Hope for a good cup ru now and then or a great season where we qualify for Europe. Anymore than that requires ridiculous investment or a great deal of luck with the young and hungry model.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Jumped to sellars and jeff videos. Warning, if your glass is half empty, do not watch them. It will only upset you even more.
I mean I appreciate them not lying, if you want them to come on and tell you what you want to hear rather than what the truth of what they are going to do is then fair enough but I'd rather honesty.

I've known this is the way they are going to run the club since Jeff literally said it very clearly 3 years ago. Would I prefer Fosun were a sugar daddy? Of course, but they are an investment firm. I think we will have around £20-£30m net spend this year, with a decent wage bill to use after letting go of some of the older top earners who've gone stale/aged.

£30M net spend in summer would put us around about 8th in the league vs last season net spends btw.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't see lopetugui in any video.....was expecting him to jump out off Jeff's cupboard at one stage...

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potted summary from all the fluff:

Summer business will be a rotation - so it is sell to buy.
There is no money to break into the top four of the Premier League (no surprise there - we cant spend the millions city and Liverpool do)
This current squad could potentially get into the Top four (according to Jeff) - not sure how much of the current squad will be left as we go into the new season but I think Jeff's been watching a different team to me.

Lets hope the sales to fund replacements get done quick. Three players already leaving / left and zero transfer revenue for them.

Last edited:

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I mean I appreciate them not lying, if you want them to come on and tell you what you want to hear rather than what the truth of what they are going to do is then fair enough but I'd rather honesty.

I've known this is the way they are going to run the club since Jeff literally said it very clearly 3 years ago. Would I prefer Fosun were a sugar daddy? Of course, but they are an investment firm. I think we will have around £20-£30m net spend this year, with a decent wage bill to use after letting go of some of the older top earners who've gone stale/aged.

£30M net spend in summer would put us around about 8th in the league vs last season net spends btw.
Think youve misunderstood where i was coming from. I am very much you can only spend what you have got. It was more for those who will find any excuse to moan as the videos will be a big trigger for them.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Risky model as it doesn’t show ambition to a) the manager b) potential signings

Who would want to come here now? Literally youngsters to make it in the prem - who may well not be good enough.

The decision to raise prices based on this strategy is just a joke

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Financially there has to be a sweet spot. Spend as little as possible to keep us in the premier league and competitive. Hope for a good cup ru now and then or a great season where we qualify for Europe. Anymore than that requires ridiculous investment or a great deal of luck with the young and hungry model.
Think the best we can hope for is mid table obscurity for the rest of FOSUN's tenure. I'd rather they sell us on for a nice profit than oversee stagnation and decline on the pitch as is bound to come.

Back
Top Bottom