Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi130

Reaction score
How some are saying they would a accept anything below 25m...what planet?! Spurs are a **** show, who've we've crept closer and closer to over recent years. Why on earth would anyone want to give them Adama, on the cheap, to improve at the risk of our own success? I don't care what anyone says, he'll improve 4 of the normal top 6 in this league....even if they only bring him on for the last 20 mins. Even more so, I'd tell Spurs to never come back after that **** take and let him go home to Spain for 15m.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smart from Levy. Make the offer, further unsettle a player that doesn’t want to sign a deal, drag this out for another week, player downs tools and Wolves sell for £20m without the add-ons.

For what it’s worth - absolutely nothing - I’d suggest that £20-£25m is about right. £20m feels a little low, £25m feels a little high.

Get the deal done Jeffrey, then let’s move on.
Tell Levy to do one, never deal with the fat greasy sack of **** again.

Oh, and they can keep ****ing Doc and his £65k/week too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is pressure on Levy too - on this deal and any others they plan as Conte will not hang around for that long if they fail in the market.
I hope that Conte stiffs Spuds legally just like he did Chavski.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Adama even wants to go to Spurs when there’s a possibility of going to Barca in the summer.
Exactly. And even if Barca can't fit him in given their financial problems, he could also be sold/swapped to e.g. Valencia, Villarreal, Espanyol. if he wants to be near his family.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adama is to go then rinse them Jeff!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-191105~2.png
    Screenshot_20220120-191105~2.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 119

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norwich want £15-20m for Todd Cantwell who is in exactly the same situation at Norwich with his contract.

That says it all.

Traore is a £30m player at least.

People will dispute that because of stats but the recruitment teams in modern football actually look at all stats. Yes, he doesn't contribute enough goals but they will look at expected assists, which have been good in the past. They will look at dribbling stats which are the best in the world. They will look at successful crosses, how many times he beats a player etc. and Traore will stack up very well in that despite what people say.

Let's not forget we bought him for £18m as a Championship player.

Real Madrid offered £180m for Mbappe in the last year of his deal. Burnley refused to sell Tarkowski. The point there is that the contract situation doesn't mean you HAVE to give in.

If the choice is getting 18 more months out of Traore or selling him to what is for this season at least a rival for £20m now then it's an easy one. Keep him.

The issue here is that Fosun apparently need to sell to buy. However, they're meant to be an investment firm though and they claim they are here for the long-term. If they are, taking a £20m hit in the bigger picture is worth it. As someone mentioned, each place in the league is worth a few million and most would agree that keeping Traore will help on that front - and for next season.

Unfortunately they've managed to convince people on here that £20m is a good deal for a unique talent.

My stance on here might be different if Traore was troublesome. I know some always try to hint or question his professionalism but he's clearly loved by all at the club and clearly not a problem to have, so he won't even put major pressure on us to go, even if, like everyone in the squad, he would want to leave if the opportunity arose.

So, basically, £30m at least or **** off Spurs :D

Andi130

Reaction score
Some of the valuations on Adama on here are ridiculous. He is worth £20m to us as it stands and a fee at the level would be sensible for everyone.
At the potential risk of European football? Improving one of our current league rivals? We don't need to be scratching Spurs **** at the minute. Let's not forget what 20m buys you these days.....Outside of the Prem, fine. To a rival, no chance. It's not just about his valuation, it's about the broader strategic view.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think our supposed asking price of £20m is too low, given our lack of credible options if he leaves. He's not pushing for a move and he's a very good option for us, even if he doesn't start all the time.

£15m is a pathetic offer - less than we paid for him FFS, but I'm guessing they'll return with £20m shortly.

I'd say £30m in January or you can wait until the summer, but I aren't looking after the finances.

Interesting 10 days or so ahead.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d hate to see him at Spurs tearing it up - certainly not at £15m or £20m. I really struggle at that price (and I know his value is diminishing and his productivity is poor). Even at £25m I’m not convinced I’d sell now. For me there is such a range of outcomes in his future value from really low to really high. Any sale below £25m would need a decent sell-on clause - say 25%.

However, not down to me and as I’ve said before in a free market deals are done at “the right price” if £15m was cheap others in PL and La Liga would be offering more - they are not (to our knowledge).

The question, as ever, is who we bring in/develop with the money.

The king is dead, long life the king.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conte saying that he wants to use Traore as a wing back, as he did before with Victor Moses. Haven't we tried Traore as a WB, without much success? I don't think he has the intelligence or the defensive side to his game? To me he's pretty much a loose canon of a footballer who surely will never have the game by game consistency to please a hard taskmaster like Conte? If they offered us £25 mil + then we have a discussion but we don't need to sell right now, and not to a team we are in competition with for Europe.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conte saying that he wants to use Traore as a wing back, as he did before with Victor Moses. Haven't we tried Traore as a WB, without much success? I don't think he has the intelligence or the defensive side to his game? To me he's pretty much a loose canon of a footballer who surely will never have the game by game consistency to please a hard taskmaster like Conte? If they offered us £25 mil + then we have a discussion but we don't need to sell right now, and not to a team we are in competition with for Europe.
I doubt Adama himself would want to play RWB he never really looks comfortable there.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Norwich want £15-20m for Todd Cantwell who is in exactly the same situation at Norwich with his contract.

That says it all.

Traore is a £30m player at least.

People will dispute that because of stats but the recruitment teams in modern football actually look at all stats. Yes, he doesn't contribute enough goals but they will look at expected assists, which have been good in the past. They will look at dribbling stats which are the best in the world. They will look at successful crosses, how many times he beats a player etc. and Traore will stack up very well in that despite what people say.

Let's not forget we bought him for £18m as a Championship player.

Real Madrid offered £180m for Mbappe in the last year of his deal. Burnley refused to sell Tarkowski. The point there is that the contract situation doesn't mean you HAVE to give in.

If the choice is getting 18 more months out of Traore or selling him to what is for this season at least a rival for £20m now then it's an easy one. Keep him.

The issue here is that Fosun apparently need to sell to buy. However, they're meant to be an investment firm though and they claim they are here for the long-term. If they are, taking a £20m hit in the bigger picture is worth it. As someone mentioned, each place in the league is worth a few million and most would agree that keeping Traore will help on that front - and for next season.

Unfortunately they've managed to convince people on here that £20m is a good deal for a unique talent.

My stance on here might be different if Traore was troublesome. I know some always try to hint or question his professionalism but he's clearly loved by all at the club and clearly not a problem to have, so he won't even put major pressure on us to go, even if, like everyone in the squad, he would want to leave if the opportunity arose.

So, basically, £30m at least or **** off Spurs :D
Well for what it’s worth I don’t agree that keeping Traore will will improve our league position, maybe that puts me in a minority but there you go.

To me he is not the future and if he is not the future then he’s also not part of the present. The only thing that surprises me about the Spurs bid is that they even want him at all, let alone what they are offering and that is meant as no disrespect to Adama who I think is a great guy and has tried his hardest for Wolves.

If we can get £20m plus for him that is really as good as it’s going to get.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If nothing else, this derisory offer may make Adama reconsider his contract demands and position.

I think some people are living in cuckoo land over his valuation tbh. If he was tied down to a decent contract we would get more. But he is a player who's contract doesn't have that long to go. 20 million is probably the best we are going to get because it's clear, even at such a cheap price there isn't going to be any bidding war for him. The bigger clubs just aren't interested it seems.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
The problem is everyone thinks we are skint and we need to sell to buy players. Spurs therefore think we are vulnerable and so offer a derisory bid.

Think they will eventually come back with a more realistic bid and Traore will be off. We will find out soon enough and the squad for Brentford will be interesting if he's not included.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Levy is just an extension of their awful fan base, they are all slimy *******s who deserve **** All. He will play this game like he always does, signing doesn’t happen then at least they tried. When you look at the dog crap players they have signed in the past few years Traore must be nuts to even consider the move.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thinking about this some more after Traore's goal it's possible he could have a pretty good 2nd half of the season, esp if Jimenez picks up, so there's a chance his value could increase if we wish to cash in in the summer. It's a gamble, as you never know for sure what you'll get with him, but at £15 mil I think it's not so much of a risk.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adama does go then the club have to use the money in this window to back Bruno or it aint going to go down well at all. I wouldnt mind us looking at Jota who has been on loan at Celtic if Adama goes. Bruno has to be backed though if Adama goes.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Absolute joke

On what basis?

Can you or someone outline clearly why he is worth substantially more.

There is not one post on here that does that. The 'he's worth loads more than that' posts are not really based on any evidence.

The bottom line is something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. And at the moment spurs it seems are the only club willing to come in with an offer. That woud seem to tell us all something.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
About £5 million more than he's worth. Send him over tonight.

lol, not really. £18-£20 million would be fair game though.

Not fussed either way. He doesn't want to be here and will be somewhere else within 6 months.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If Adama does go then the club have to use the money in this window to back Bruno or it aint going to go down well at all. I wouldnt mind us looking at Jota who has been on loan at Celtic if Adama goes. Bruno has to be backed though if Adama goes.
Given our performances and league position I don't think the club will be under pressure to spend it in this window, and I don't think they need to rush out and spend it either. January windows are particularly difficult to get value for money. I think they'll take their time and look to spend it in the summer.

We desperately need an extra midfielder, but we're coping so far this season and there is no urgency to replace Adama, we're well covered in his position. That's not to say I think he should be sold. I'd love to keep Adama, but if we do sell him I wouldn't mind if we didn't rush out to spend it in January. Unless a very good opportunity came along anyway.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is everyone thinks we are skint and we need to sell to buy players. Spurs therefore think we are vulnerable and so offer a derisory bid.

Think they will eventually come back with a more realistic bid and Traore will be off. We will find out soon enough and the squad for Brentford will be interesting if he's not included.
We are and it is the problem!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some people are living in cuckoo land over his valuation tbh. If he was tied down to a decent contract we would get more. But he is a player who's contract doesn't have that long to go. 20 million is probably the best we are going to get because it's clear, even at such a cheap price there isn't going to be any bidding war for him. The bigger clubs just aren't interested it seems.
Yep, we don't have a very strong hand in this particular negotiation

Coeur de Loup

Reaction score
I find this whole saga rather sad. I've loved Adama and his contributions to some of the best moments I've ever experienced in 50 years of supporting Wolves. But let's face facts. He is not getting maximim game time here. Other clubs want him. He has not signed a new contract and his present one is running out. Is he really happy here, or does he want to take the next step up?
I would take 20 million now. But I have a horrible feeling he will go to another team for a lot higher wages but they will not have the patience (as we have, by the way) to let him develop and he will end up as a very expensive flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom