Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jorge, get on the blower to Xavi, let the big man go to Barcelona.

Jeez, I feel insulted for Traore, trying that hard to unsettle him yet won't even get a decent bid in, I really hope the right people talk in his ear to say look, they can't even get muster more than half a valuation for you.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess if Levy is only offering £15m, it means that nobody else is interested.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a fair point, if Levy know's no one else wants him (inc Barca or they can't) then he's never going to bid what we want for him

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine trying to sell this **** a car

Levy: That's a nice Ferrari, I'll give you 55k for it

Salesman: But sir the sticker price is 135k

Levy: I've got an old pair of driving gloves, I'll throw them in plus 65k wotcha think?

Salesman: ?

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think it's all that offensive an offer.

He wants to leave, can leave for free in 18 months, has been out of form for a long while.

Something like 18-20m with add-ons of up to 25m for Europe etc would be realistic IMO. Some of the suggestions like 40m and 3 players have set daft expectations .

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They know 15m will be rejected, theyl come again with 18m then eventually come close to 20m
Good news

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He wants to leave, can leave for free in 18 months, has been out of form for a long while.

Something like 18-20m with add-ons of up to 25m for Europe etc would be realistic IMO. Some of the suggestions like 40m and 3 players have set daft expectations .
18 months is a long time. He could be European champion at wolves by then.

25 million or go away

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not necessarily. He knows Wolves want cash, and would prefer a deal this month. He likely knows Barca may be interested but can’t offer cash now, and may only be able to offer one or more players with or without a little cash, in the summer. So sensibly, and true to form, he offers a low ball cash deal now to see if we bite. It’s the same trick he tried in the summer, but just with a lower value.

If Mendes is confident of lining up an acceptable deal with Barca in the summer and tells Jeff this, then if I were him, I’d give Levy a final warning. Pay what we want now, or he’s off to Barca in the summer, and no further bids from Spurs will be considered.

Levy’s tactics are actually driving down Traore’s market value, and I would be thinking about how to make Levy pay for that…

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a fair point, if Levy know's no one else wants him (inc Barca or they can't) then he's never going to bid what we want for him

15million is an insult considering we can likely get that from table position.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you think if the boot was on the other foot, that Levy would accept a bid of £15m for the player???......would he f***!!!
The bloke's a clown, wants to play hardball when they're the selling club, then lowballs every other team for their players, when they're buying!
Absolute end of the bell!!!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knew this was coming typical Spurs this will drag on now until the end of the window trying to save us much money on the deal as possible (which is understandable). Levy always starts negotiations low, I feel he leave for Tottenham but will be right towards the end of the window for around 20m....

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think if the boot was on the other foot, that Levy would accept a bid of £15m for the player???......would he f***!!!
The bloke's a clown, wants to play hardball when they're the selling club, then lowballs every other team for their players, when they're buying!
Absolute end of the bell!!!
...or put another way, we paid £18m for a Championship player but we're gonna sell him as a Premier League player for £15m!!!!
Must be a tempting proposition for an investment company!!!!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What part am I missing, we paid 18m for him, whilst frustrating as hell he’s ten times the player now than he was then, he’s still under contract for 18 months, but we are going to sell him for less than we paid for him.

Confused.

25m straight cash or above, if not, double his money, get him to sign a one year extension with a release clause in, and put this to bed.

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20-25m seems about right. Any higher and we need Newcastle to come in. It does depend what we’re going to do with the money. I would suggest you e need to sell by Monday to give us a week to spend it.

T

TheConcourse

Smart from Levy. Make the offer, further unsettle a player that doesn’t want to sign a deal, drag this out for another week, player downs tools and Wolves sell for £20m without the add-ons.

For what it’s worth - absolutely nothing - I’d suggest that £20-£25m is about right. £20m feels a little low, £25m feels a little high.

Get the deal done Jeffrey, then let’s move on.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd try to up the value but I would sell this month. If it's £15m then so be it. I genuinely don't think he will improve no matter where he goes. Remember 159 games to provide 14 assists and score 8 goals. You'd have to be blind to look at those numbers and see a £30m+ winger.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smart from Levy. Make the offer, further unsettle a player that doesn’t want to sign a deal, drag this out for another week, player downs tools and Wolves sell for £20m without the add-ons.

For what it’s worth - absolutely nothing - I’d suggest that £20-£25m is about right. £20m feels a little low, £25m feels a little high.

Get the deal done Jeffrey, then let’s move on.
Yeah show how weak wolves are in negotiations, that'll do em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom