Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. thisisgil

The Fosun Model: Buy First XI, Sell Fringe?

I was reading an article about the business that Liverpool have conducted recently. Key points: Spent around £167 million on Alisson, Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri Sold Coutinho for £137 million Sold a further nine fringe players for at least £10 million each, including Marko Grujic...
  2. thisisgil

How hyped are you about the rebuild?

What an incredibly exciting time to be a Wolves fan: New, attacking ideas; Some of the old guard moving on; New faces joining the club and the prospect of following the development of some of our brightest from the U23s. Every first team player that has left is either in the process of, or has...
  3. thisisgil

What's the most leftfield but realistic candidate for Wolves manager you can think of?

Pretty much every speculative news article and bookmaker has the same usual suspects - Lage, Fonseca, Pereira, Benitez et al. These are all solid, if unspectacular choices, but none of the front runners really make me excited for what the future might hold. But... what if it wasn't any of...
  4. thisisgil

Manchester Utd match delayed due to fan protests - Update: Postponed

I've had a look but can't see anything about this so far.... (Edit: Sorry, just seen a few posts about it in the 'Todays Games' thread) The Manchester United match is currently delayed with no concrete kick-off time. Around 200 fans protested outside the ground and later on made their way onto...
  5. thisisgil

Define Your Dream Premier League

(Hopefully!) a little light relief. If the six traitors were expelled from the Premier League, it would represent a great opportunity to reform the league from the ground up. What things would you like to see implemented to make the league (in your opinion) more fun. This can be pragmatic or...
  6. thisisgil

Molineux ESL Protest v Man Utd 23/5

So who's up for it?
  7. thisisgil

Is Thelwell the Missing Piece?

This is a genuinely open question and I don't really know the answer. I do know that he was very highly regarded by just about everyone who passed through Molineux. Also circumstantially, the cracks in the wall started appearing a couple of months after he left. It's also not lost on me that in...
  8. thisisgil

Make one change, improve the squad?

There are a lot of suggestions as to how to course correct our disappointing season and particularly, fix the recent abject displays. However, even the most optimistic fan wouldn't expect everything to be fixed by the summer. So - what one area should be an immediate priority for Chairman Shi...
  9. thisisgil

Is Mentality the Problem?

It was quite clear that one or two players aside, only one team was really up for the match today. Which got me thinking... for three seasons now, it's been recognised that more often than not, we struggle against the Brightons and Burnleys of this world, whilst pulling results out of the bag...
  10. thisisgil

The Project 2020 - 2021

It just struck me that for the first time since Fosun took over, I'm not really certain what "The Project" means any more. What would success look like this season? What are Fosun's stated aims for this season? Anybody?
  11. thisisgil

Premier League GPG Averages

We're sixteen matches into the new season and there have already been 62 goals - this is an average of 3.9 goals per game :oops: For context - the 2019/20 season saw 2.7 goals per game, the 2018/19 season saw 2.8 goals per game and the 2017/18 season saw 2.7 goals per game - relatively...
  12. thisisgil

Premier League Legend Nani

Linked with us in this window. Looks the business on Youtube Fantastic that Fosun finally look like doing something right for the first time in three years!
  13. thisisgil

How much time would you give Nuno?

I've always felt that given the sea-change in the club's fortunes since Nuno's appointment and particularly in light of our over-achievement last season, no matter what happens in 2019/20, there is a case to be made that he deserves at least the whole season. However, the modern game being what...
  14. thisisgil

The Butterfly Effect - how a terrible day contributed to our most successful season in a generation

I think there's a fairly decent argument that the 5-1 trouncing by Albion set off a chain reaction that is indirectly responsible for our current success. If memory serves me right, Mick was sacked the following day, leading to the clipboard debacle, two successive relegations and an owner who...
  15. thisisgil

Europa League Thread (The Road to Gdańsk)

It begins.... Whilst our illustrious boiler-loving Birmingham neighbours are preparing for glamour ties with Luton and Barnsley, we will enter into the Second Qualifying Round as part of the Main Path. There are 20 Champions Path teams and 74 Main Path teams, totalling 94 teams in this round...
  16. thisisgil

Confirmed: Our defence is objectively better with Bennett instead of Saïss

Unpopular opinion: He reads the game better than Boly.
  17. thisisgil

Troy Deeney

18. thisisgil

Injuries

Anybody know if there's a place to see the current expected return dates of injured players? I'm sure at one point you could read this on the official site, but it doesn't seem to be up there anymore. Physioroom.com has Prem injury lists but no Championshp :-\
  19. thisisgil

James Mclean

Turns his back on the British national anthem. Classy move! Lovely player for a lovely club.
Back
Top Bottom