Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jason Denayer

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that’s a relief….interesting that Costa was no real drama at all over wages and was very happy to come….seems he understands that you have to play to impress people and I really hope it works out for him and for Wolves.

Traore should take note of what it’s like to be a free agent.
To be fair I'd guess we are paying Costa between 2-3 times what we offered Denayer

D

Deleted member (smith)

To be fair I'd guess we are paying Costa between 2-3 times what we offered Denayer

guess? the only fact I know is agreement was reached with costa within a week and Denayer has been going on and on….I have no idea of the basis for your guess but it looks to an outsider like keen/ not keen

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should kick him into touch!
Seems like a money grabbing journeyman, not welcome here!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wont be many clubs round Europe offering more than us you'd think. Perhaps he is waiting for someone to be desperate..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely he’s putting his World Cup chances in real jeopardy, here. I’m not sure we are the desperate ones here.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Paul Stewart was the only time I ever booed someone playing for Wolves.
If memory serves me well it was a midweek game and it was being reported that we were to sign him permanently the following day.
He was an awful player, believed to be on big money and a lot of supporters took it upon themselves to let the management know what they thought of him.
I don’t think he was awful but with us he was bloody bone idle and didn’t give a damn

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
I don’t think he was awful but with us he was bloody bone idle and didn’t give a damn
Yes, I think you're probably right. I recall him being awful but I think it was down to his laziness and his general demeanor

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how does this make him a ****. By that logic Adama is also a ****, he also thinks he is worth more than the club were prepared to pay.
.... because people want him to join and if he doesn't he's a dick, regardless of knowing any of the facts and basing their opinion on hearsay.

Denayer is quite within his rights to bide his time and get the best deal for him. The accusations of greed are a baseless narrative

D

Deleted member (smith)

.... because people want him to join and if he doesn't he's a dick, regardless of knowing any of the facts and basing their opinion on hearsay.

Denayer is quite within his rights to bide his time and get the best deal for him. The accusations of greed are a baseless narrative
Quite correct…if a player values himself more than 5he club there will be no contract.And the player like any employee is well within his rights not to sign and move on.

and we should move on too…

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be really wary about this guy. I know we don't know how much he is asking for, so I'm not going to call him a mercenary. Having said that though, he's currently earning nothing and not playing in a World Cup year. We're not asking him to join the Irish Premier League, it's the Prem, the biggest league in the world. It would at least keep him in Roberto Martinez's thoughts.
When it comes to money at some point someone in his camp has to point out he's not going to get offered what he is demanding. For arguments sake say we've offered 50k per week, he's then effectively losing that every week he's not at a club.

To me he is sounding more and more like a bad apple best left to rot on the floor!

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true, let him stay sat on his backside earning nothing then if he thinks he is too good for us. He has had other moves fall through due to his wage demands, maybe he should lower his expectations a tad

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be really wary about this guy. I know we don't know how much he is asking for, so I'm not going to call him a mercenary. Having said that though, he's currently earning nothing and not playing in a World Cup year. We're not asking him to join the Irish Premier League, it's the Prem, the biggest league in the world. It would at least keep him in Roberto Martinez's thoughts.
When it comes to money at some point someone in his camp has to point out he's not going to get offered what he is demanding. For arguments sake say we've offered 50k per week, he's then effectively losing that every week he's not at a club.

To me he is sounding more and more like a bad apple best left to rot on the floor!
If he signs for us as back up, it isn't exactly going to help him out for the world cup.

molinew

Reaction score
Yes, I think you're probably right. I recall him being awful but I think it was down to his laziness and his general demeanor
Not to take things off topic, but things with Paul Stewart are a bit more complicated than that. He's spoken at length about reasons for his later-career wilderness years. Would be a bit reluctant to characterise him as bone idle or lazy, given the terrible circumstances we know about

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Not to take things off topic, but things with Paul Stewart are a bit more complicated than that. He's spoken at length about reasons for his later-career wilderness years. Would be a bit reluctant to characterise him as bone idle or lazy, given the terrible circumstances we know about
Exactly, given what is now known it’s hardly surprising he wasn’t 100%

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to question this guy and what he wants to do. World Cup year and sat there without a club when it should be a formality. Wasting what is a short career, when he would still get very well paid at a club and earn more money than most can dream of. I'd be looking at other defence alternatives if there are any.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he signs for us as back up, it isn't exactly going to help him out for the world cup.
Agreed, but as a player of his age and experience you've got to back yourself to win a spot. Will Roberto Martinez want someone playing 90 minutes at some Middle Eastern club, or someone challenging/getting minutes in the prem? I know what my preference would be.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s waiting for a better and bigger offer, same as Nunes before we signed him. The difference is that Nunes had a club and would have been playing football regardless. This guy is throwing away a World Cup place for as much financial gain as possible, you have to question whether or not he’s somebody we want at the club.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I accept he has/had issues but at the time that was the impression he gave down here .He had played well enough at other clubs and actually earned International recognition ,its just that we didn’t see it here .

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I accept he has/had issues but at the time that was the impression he gave down here .He had played well enough at other clubs and actually earned International recognition ,its just that we didn’t see it here .
He had issues ??? He was sexually abused

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but as a player of his age and experience you've got to back yourself to win a spot. Will Roberto Martinez want someone playing 90 minutes at some Middle Eastern club, or someone challenging/getting minutes in the prem? I know what my preference would be.
There is also Roma as an option. We aren't the only team in for him by any stretch.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't bother with him, don't think he is that good anyway... hopefully kilman and Collins can steer of injury and toti will be fine to cover if it's a suspension........it's risky I agree but don't think denayer is a definite answer anyway....

Get Dawson in January........

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've read, he sounds like an Ace Pratt,
Full of himself, arrogant and a legend in his own lunch break !!
Increasing his wage demands!
He obviously doesn't think we are good enough for him.
Definitely needs kicking into touch.
NOT the sort of player we want around the squad!!
Let's move on.

Back
Top Bottom