Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jason Denayer

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really not bothered about this one at all. He’s definitely not good enough to challenge Max or Collins and all it does is stunt the growth of Gomes and Mosquera
Mosquera should grow at a lower level before being potentially counted on as a PL player. I do rate him but he's nowhere near PL level. Happy to be proven wrong of course
Toti is a bit further in his development but its fair to say he was helped by playing in a back 3 last season.
But they are what we've, so hopefully they'll be sufficient

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is also Roma as an option. We aren't the only team in for him by any stretch.
Fair enough, then he should get off the fence and go there then. He's wasting his own time, money and chances of getting in a WC squad procrastinating. I'm suggesting we've given him long enough and if he can't chose between us, Roma and whoever else has offered him now, he needs better advice.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Denayer has shot himself in the foot here. Unless he has an incredible move lined up then what an idiot.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be really wary about this guy. I know we don't know how much he is asking for, so I'm not going to call him a mercenary. Having said that though, he's currently earning nothing and not playing in a World Cup year. We're not asking him to join the Irish Premier League, it's the Prem, the biggest league in the world. It would at least keep him in Roberto Martinez's thoughts.
When it comes to money at some point someone in his camp has to point out he's not going to get offered what he is demanding. For arguments sake say we've offered 50k per week, he's then effectively losing that every week he's not at a club.

To me he is sounding more and more like a bad apple best left to rot on the floor!
He may also want assurance about playing but Bruno not prepared to give that because of Collins and Kilman

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really not bothered about this one at all. He’s definitely not good enough to challenge Max or Collins and all it does is stunt the growth of Gomes and Mosquera
He’s a good player but for the money he wants he’s not worth it considering he’s cover. Dawson looks more and more understandable now.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
I'm all for holding out for what you think you're worth, however if the stories in the media are to be believed the guy has been playing silly buggers and moving the goal posts, so if that's really the case its probably for the best he's not signed.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much speculation and supposition here. Denayer's next move has to be right - he has a world cup coming up so the role in the team needs to be right, his family need to be on board with it so he needs to ensure he's going to settle in the area, as well as the financial aspects. This isn't like with a transfer where the player is pressured by time to get out and complete the move with his family staying where they are and he lives in his own until a natural break, instead he can take his time and make sure the move is the best possible rather than just taking the first option, then get everything resolved prior to moving. Clubs are also not in a mad rush because they know the player isn't subject to a deadline. The exception of course is goalkeepers as they tend to be brought in for emergencies.

Juan Mata is in the same position, Hector Herrera amongst many others previously, but nobody is saying Mata is pricing himself out of a move back to Spain. The natural inclination is to look at the player and make a judgement or take the convenient excuse of the club (player wants too much money) or random media reports as gospel, when in reality it's more likely a complex entanglement of factors (of which money is usually only a small part).

Look at it like this - would you rather be bemoaning that the player didn't give their best or couldn't settle and three loan moves later is released for peanuts (Cutrone) or missing out because the player, after careful consideration, decided the move wasn't right?

westside wolf

Reaction score
So much speculation and supposition here. Denayer's next move has to be right - he has a world cup coming up so the role in the team needs to be right, his family need to be on board with it so he needs to ensure he's going to settle in the area, as well as the financial aspects. This isn't like with a transfer where the player is pressured by time to get out and complete the move with his family staying where they are and he lives in his own until a natural break, instead he can take his time and make sure the move is the best possible rather than just taking the first option, then get everything resolved prior to moving. Clubs are also not in a mad rush because they know the player isn't subject to a deadline. The exception of course is goalkeepers as they tend to be brought in for emergencies.

Juan Mata is in the same position, Hector Herrera amongst many others previously, but nobody is saying Mata is pricing himself out of a move back to Spain. The natural inclination is to look at the player and make a judgement or take the convenient excuse of the club (player wants too much money) or random media reports as gospel, when in reality it's more likely a complex entanglement of factors (of which money is usually only a small part).

Look at it like this - would you rather be bemoaning that the player didn't give their best or couldn't settle and three loan moves later is released for peanuts (Cutrone) or missing out because the player, after careful consideration, decided the move wasn't right?
Juan Mata has gone to Galatasaray I think

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont disagree with a lot of this but the point that is wrong is time. He absolutely doesn't have it on his side. He's not a main stay of the Belgium team, so at 27 may not be in a position by the time the next WC comes along to be challenging for a place. I'm not saying we're the right fit, probably not, but he does need to be playing to get picked.
Also the longer he's without a team the more time it will take to build up his fitness to compete. He could easily waste a whole season if he procrastinates. Which would be a financial loss I the millions!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont disagree with a lot of this but the point that is wrong is time. He absolutely doesn't have it on his side. He's not a main stay of the Belgium team, so at 27 may not be in a position by the time the next WC comes along to be challenging for a place. I'm not saying we're the right fit, probably not, but he does need to be playing to get picked.
Also the longer he's without a team the more time it will take to build up his fitness to compete. He could easily waste a whole season if he procrastinates. Which would be a financial loss I the millions!
Wont be in the Belgian squad for the upcoming international games according to the press, Martinez names it this week. Played one game at the last Euros…I don't think football, or his International career, is uppermost in his thoughts.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s get the song sorted just in case.

I’ve done the hard bit - change “greatest denier” for “Jason Denayer”. Just need the rest of you to pull your weight and come up with all of the other words.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, as has Icardi....and Icardi is branded a mercenary whilst Mata is the consummate professional biding his time for the right move..... Go figure!
But in fairness Icardi is a renowned mentalist, along with his appropriated missus, and Mata is a big charity ambassador.
Tends to colour perceptions somewhat.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will we renew our interest following Collins sending off? Not sure how fit he is.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who want a ridiculous wage.

If only we had like, an England international defender on our books who could slot in
Unfortunately that England international didn't have the patience to wait around for opportunities like this and was very happy to run elsewhere as soon as there was interest in him.

In a World Cup year I can't blame him too much, but he certainly wasn't backing himself to get back into the team.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately that England international didn't have the patience to wait around for opportunities like this and was very happy to run elsewhere as soon as there was interest in him.

In a World Cup year I can't blame him too much, but he certainly wasn't backing himself to get back into the team.
I don’t blame him at all. He was shafted as far as I’m concerned. Collins is a hell of a talent but very naive.

stoke wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score

Well he should have been sold then,not loaned to a relegation rival and not even with an obligation to buy clause

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t blame him at all. He was shafted as far as I’m concerned. Collins is a hell of a talent but very naive.
I don't agree he was "shafted", just because he was told he wouldn't be first choice. This isn't Conor Coady FC where he is given a guarantee of always starting games.

Equally, I don't blame him for leaving and expect that the move will work out well for him. He's retained his England squad place and Everton look a much better bet to finish ahead of us in the league.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That England international may well have been told, by our resident "tactical genius", that he was unlikely to get many chances. He will have seen the blatant favouritism last season...

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree he was "shafted", just because he was told he wouldn't be first choice. This isn't Conor Coady FC where he is given a guarantee of always starting games.

Equally, I don't blame him for leaving and expect that the move will work out well for him. He's retained his England squad place and Everton look a much better bet to finish ahead of us in the league.
Maybe he’s just a better player.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I saw all of Coady's attempts there for Wolves and he was all over the place every time. Nuno didn't trust him there either, so it's not just down to Lage making dodgy calls.

Collins made a right pigs ear of that challenge today, but every Wolves player had lost their head in that period of the game and was doing idiotic stuff.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
As with the striker situation a disaster waiting to happen with Collins now banned for 3 games. Lage seemingly doesnt rate Gomes or Mosquera as where were they today? What a mess.
i agree,if one of our two centre halves went off injured would he have put Neves at the back?i would hope not so why was a defender not brought on to replace Collins?

Back
Top Bottom