Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jason Denayer

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not going back to 3/5 at the back is he?

Though saying that, not a bad thing to be able to do when you’re 1-0 and struggling to see the fame out.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No dont believe so , think this is a boly replacement.

Given that we were touted for Dawson, i think to ensure we can get the squad we are looking at players who are classed as home grown.

he can also cover RB because of his pace, allowing jonny/ran to be on the left, denayer can cover, semedo and the back 2.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
35 caps for Belgium and 37 games in Europe at 27 years old; being possibly being qualified as Home Grown, due to coming through Manchester City and him being used at both Centre Back and Midfield - would make this an excellent deal for a Free move.

Very surprised he wasn’t snapped up after he left Lyon, by another club in European competition!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love him already.

More info greatly appreciated, don't follow French football.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
35 caps for Belgium and 37 games in Europe at 27 years old; being possibly being qualified as Home Grown, due to coming through Manchester City and him being used at both Centre Back and Midfield - would make this an excellent deal for a Free move.

Very surprised he wasn’t snapped up after he left Lyon, by another club in European competition!
Thank you sir.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Though saying that, not a bad thing to be able to do when you’re 1-0 and struggling to see the fame out.

Doubt it, we need someone as a rotation option for Kilman and Collins I like Toti but we should have at least 4 CBs.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems slightly strange, just three months before a World Cup, that a Belgian international would allow themselves to be a free agent, missing out on pre-season and then eventually seemingly being content just to be back-up.

West Ham have supposedly passed him up in the last few weeks.

He does have a good CV though, and will probably qualify as homegrown. With Boly seemingly out the door it's a good free option to add for us.

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under contract he’s probably worth north of £20m. This would be a very, very good signing. So much so that Kilman/ Collins are gonna be under huge pressure to keep performing.

Very happy if it happens
Hopefully a challenge for Collins. Must admit I haven’t been overly impressed with him. Might be my expectations of a £20m Centre Half, the lauding of him by various pundits as a ball playing centre half and playing alongside Kilman. The latter is fast pushing into the top echelon of Centre Backs I’ve seen at Wolves. The current list is Lescott, Richards and a fit De Wolf. I was too young to appreciate Munro although I did see him play a couple of times and know that older fans think he was the dogs *******s.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems slightly strange, just three months before a World Cup, that a Belgian international would allow themselves to be a free agent, missing out on pre-season and then eventually seemingly being content just to be back-up.
Collins isn't above this guy right now imo. Too many mistakes made 4 games in to be definite undroppable first choice.
Bruno wants 2 good players for every position. He's going to find it hard to keep them all happy.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe in a world cup year, not being in European competition may be seen as a plus.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was surprised no one had picked him up when I noticed he was a free agent earlier in the window. Assumed it was due to an injury but doesn’t seem to be.

Would be an improvement IMV as 3rd choice and could push Collins/Kilman for their starting place.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he a free agent has he run his contract down or did it not get offered for some reason?

Without any behavioural or injury issues this is as good a free agent as it gets.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a promising future and played regularly for Lyon before injuries impacted his season last season. Was apparently close to joining Torino earlier in the window before "a twist behind the scenes" - wonder if that was medical related

Think he'll be useful to have in the squad as Toti (to a lesser extent) and certainly Mosquera (as back up to Collins) aren't up to standard yet. Hopefully he's clear of his injuries and the twist was something else.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a promising future and played regularly for Lyon before injuries impacted his season last season. Was apparently close to joining Torino earlier in the window before "a twist behind the scenes" - wonder if that was medical related

Think he'll be useful to have in the squad as Toti (to a lesser extent) and certainly Mosquera (as back up to Collins) aren't up to standard yet. Hopefully he's clear of his injuries and the twist was something else.
Apparently the Torino move fell through due to a Saudi side offering much better terms, not sure why that one didn't happen though.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a bad defender slightly erratic at times. Saying that Collins makes me nervous at present. Done well for Lyon. As others have said solid replacement for Boly.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he’s a direct Donk replacement tbh, as in cover CB and DM.
If he’s more defensively decisive than Donk so can properly play the #6 role, then that’s a better balanced 433 with Neves and Nunes the 8s, or Neves-Denayer the holding pair in 4231 with Nunes as the floating 10.

I’ve only seen him playing in a back 3, and does seem to have the odd howler in him, so doesn’t look to be signed as a CB as much as midfield.

Back
Top Bottom