Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jason Denayer

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Our transfer policy has been made to look pretty stupid over the last two games.

Our new striker gets injured - we have no senior replacement so we scramble to get Costa.

Our new CB gets sent off and is subsequently band for 3 games - we have no senior replacement.

Why do we do it to ourselves???????

It's like self Sabotage!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our transfer policy has been made to look pretty stupid over the last two games.

Our new striker gets injured - we have no senior replacement so we scramble to get Costa.

Our new CB gets sent off and is subsequently band for 3 games - we have no senior replacement.

Why do we do it to ourselves???????

It's like self Sabotage!

It's amateur and we knew it could happen when we failed to bring in Dawson.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn't panic and give this guy an expensive 3-year contract just because we're short for a few months. With the World cup there isn't that many games really until the window re-opens - 11 or 12 I think.

Even if we signed him he'd take weeks to get up to speed given how long he's not had a club for, by then Collins suspension would be over anyway.

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's amateur and we knew it could happen when we failed to bring in Dawson.
Even more so after we continued with sale of Donk to Villa after them effectively scuppering the Dawson deal by gazumping West Ham’s purchase of Banderak. I said on the transfer thread at the time and reiterate now we should have immediately pulled the plug on them getting Donk whilst knackering our chance of getting Dawson. That’s not me saying that Donk is the answer to any of our problems but would have given Villa something to think about.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
We shouldn't panic and give this guy an expensive 3-year contract just because we're short for a few months. With the World cup there isn't really that many games really until the window re-opens - 11 or 12 I think.

Even if we signed him he'd take weeks to get up to speed given how long he's not had a club for, by then Collins suspension would be over anyway.
Hey Monketron, I actually think we should panic!

Scott Sellers - We waited and waited all summer. We didn't have a new striker in the side until 6 games in!

When are we going to stop waiting and be in a position to get on with it? When we're relegated?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he should have been sold then,not loaned to a relegation rival and not even with an obligation to buy clause
Everton have paid a very sizeable loan fee that reduced the size of the fee they would have to pay to sign him permanently substantially, which helped both parties this summer

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn't panic and give this guy an expensive 3-year contract just because we're short for a few months. With the World cup there isn't really that many games really until the window re-opens - 11 or 12 I think.

Agreed. If we didn't want to bring him in, there's no need to just because of a suspension. Toti deputized adequately last season and Bruno appears willing to give Mosquera a go, although I wouldn't bet against him playing Neves at centre-back again as he didn't seem that willing

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all agreed to an extent with Coady, boly and Saiss being sold or moved on in the summer but to replace them with just 1 in Collins was suicidal....

Also if Bruno didn't trust Toti , then he also should have been moved on as he is taking one if the overseas places in the squad ...

Never thought denayer was ever the answer......

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we’re back in for him. We should never have left ourselves so short, it was ridiculously short sighted.

We now have to move Kilman over to bring Toti in or play Mosquera who was set to be loaned out until the shambles of deadline day.

superwolves

Reaction score
I think part of the decision to play Neves instead was due to the fact we was losing 2-0 and it meant he could keep another attacker on and it allowed us better possession of the ball with 10 men. I'm sure he won't hesitate to put Ruben there again how well he did

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately that England international didn't have the patience to wait around for opportunities like this and was very happy to run elsewhere as soon as there was interest in him.

In a World Cup year I can't blame him too much, but he certainly wasn't backing himself to get back into the team.
You need to ask the question of why he wasn’t backing himself to get back in the team and imo it’s because Bruno Saunders didn’t want him here any more.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it more likely you will see Jonny move inside and semedo play....will neves slotting in for sweeper for the 3 games than see either toti or yerson play....

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue with Toti coming in will be needing to swap 2 positional places for 1 player as Kilman needs to move to right centre back.

I'm not saying he can't do it however it highlights we don't have adequate cover.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue with Toti coming in will be needing to swap 2 positional places for 1 player as Kilman needs to move to right centre back.

I'm not saying he can't do it however it highlights we don't have adequate cover.
It has been mentioned on here that, apparently, Might Max prefers to play on the right.

Whether or not that's true, I don't think we have any evidence.

However, the evidence we do have is that he's looked completely comfortable when Lage has played him on the right.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as Denayer goes I thought we had reached our limit for foreign players. Clarification please.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has been mentioned on here that, apparently, Might Max prefers to play on the right.

Whether or not that's true, I don't think we have any evidence.

However, the evidence we do have is that he's looked completely comfortable when Lage has played him on the right.

He didn't look great yesterday backing off on the right not on his natural left for the 2nd goal it was shocking defending, either way I'm not slating him we shouldn't have to change to positions for 1 player missing it's the amateur squad depth that's riddled our squad for years and eventually it will catch you out.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why didn't Bruno trust him yesterday......he doesn't rate him at all in my opinion ......
Apparently he has said " there is a big gap in quality" between kilman / Collins ,and the rest.
Mangala is also a free agent, be surprised if one of these 2 isn't brought in soon.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently he has said " there is a big gap in quality" between kilman / Collins ,and the rest.
Mangala is also a free agent, be surprised if one of these 2 isn't brought in soon.
Wouldn't be able to bring in mangala....needs to be homegrown....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if we'll revisit Denayer.
No chance we pay him for a month to get fit in October, then pay him to play for Belgium in November n December .....then the window opens in January.....makes no sense at all.....Bruno needs to earn his money and find a solution, just like Nuno did when he faced a big problem....if Bruno isn't up to it we need to get rid....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he played in a 4 for Grasshoppers or always a 3?

Grasshoppers play 3

In Toti’s first season at Grasshoppers they played 4 at the back and Toti mostly played left side of two but occasionally at left back.

It was only when the current manager came in they switched to 5 (so for the first half of the season before we recalled him)

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sincerely hope we do not go back in for him. Good player though he may be, he was offered an opportunity but declined. Let’s give players that do want to don the shirt a chance and get right behind them!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sincerely hope we do not go back in for him. Good player though he may be, he was offered an opportunity but declined. Let’s give players that do want to don the shirt a chance and get right behind them!
Agree Gomes and Mosquera but they have to get picked first .

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two players Lage seems to have let it be known that he does not believe they can bridge the gap to the first team. NOTHING like giving your players confidence if they have to do a job.:rolleyes:
He's probably correct at present. Maybe it was a message to Big Jeff. However, what happens if Kilman or Collins are injured. He'll have to play them.
I was a supporter but I'm quickly losing faith in him.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As with the strikers position in the past (and now) this is a woefully weak position to be in. If Gomes and Mosquera are not up to it yet then letting go of Boly, Coady and losing Saiss with only Collins coming is madness. Denayer may be asking for ridiculous money, I don't know, but surely on a 'free' there is scope to give a player with 35 caps for Belgium a decent salary?

Meanwhile if Diego struggles to make an impression, which he may at his age, we will have to find yet another stopgap striker. in January. Yes we were unlucky with Sasa (although there were warnings on his injury record). But in any case I think this will be Raul's last season with us and a serious striker signing is absolutely essential. Three goals so far says it all. Silva may come back a different player also but I still have my doubts - you need three grown up strikers minimum in this league not to mention centre backs.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ryan Bennett is currently out of contract. Contract terminated 1/9/22 though, which I've just realised possibly rules him out. Or would that be ok?

Would anybody want Bennett back, just as cover? Still only 32.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long would it take for him to be fit for the first team. He's been out a long time. If he was going to be brought in it needed to be yesterday

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's probably correct at present. Maybe it was a message to Big Jeff. However, what happens if Kilman or Collins are injured. He'll have to play them.
I was a supporter but I'm quickly losing faith in him.
Thing with Bruno is whether it is another effort at him diverting the blame away from himself - who knows?

I'm sure Bruno had a say in Coady going out on loan maybe because he (Lage) could not see Coady in a back 4 ( Oh wait how's he doing at Everton:rolleyes:?) and perhaps we didn't necessarily have to sell Boly - again was that done with Lage's approval.

Back
Top Bottom