Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how opinions differ. Ventured over to the Spurs forum on Monday to see how much they were moaning and saw a few people saying he's rubbish and one saying he'd be their third choice LB, with Sessegnon 'much better'.

He's much better than he was last season. His defending was a shambles when he first arrived. Looking really good all round at the moment.

However I also understand when Marcal is picked sometimes this season. He did a good job of completely nullifying Saka from the game last week. Think Saka got in behind him once but was otherwise anonymous until being subbed.

Ait-Nouri only going to get better, an exciting player for us in the coming years. No doubt summer 2023 he'll get a more attractive offer if he continues to improve further.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Ait-Nouri will be playing for France and PSG soon and he knows it. There is no way on this earth he would delay that by going to united or spurs. There isn't a hope in hell. The trick is to support him and welcome him here and get him to stay for a few years learning his trade before he makes the move.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how opinions differ. Ventured over to the Spurs forum on Monday to see how much they were moaning and saw a few people saying he's rubbish and one saying he'd be their third choice LB, with Sessegnon 'much better'.

He's much better than he was last season. His defending was a shambles when he first arrived. Looking really good all round at the moment.

However I also understand when Marcal is picked sometimes this season. He did a good job of completely nullifying Saka from the game last week. Think Saka got in behind him once but was otherwise anonymous until being subbed.

Ait-Nouri only going to get better, an exciting player for us in the coming years. No doubt summer 2023 he'll get a more attractive offer if he continues to improve further.
PSG are eyeing up a big move for RAN was the last rumour so you have to laugh at spurs and man utd really thinking Wolves will let anyone leave below 45m!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PSG are eyeing up a big move for RAN was the last rumour so you have to laugh at spurs and man utd really thinking Wolves will let anyone leave below 45m!!
I don't want RAN to leave but if he has to go l hope that it is to a big club like PSG not a crappy alsoran outfit like ManUre or Spuds. They both used to be big and famous once..

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
It was the original article that said £8m, which most of them agreed was ridiculous.

I think most of them are just winding up the Wolves fan on there.
I didn't read through the thread thoroughly, and while i appreciate that some may have said it to be unreasonable, and maybe some on the wind up, but i sm sure there are plenty of them who think they can have who they want off us, and that some genuinely think they can get him for 8m.

I will forever reserve my right to find any little reason to hate them :)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosuns strength is they don’t need to sell. Judging from Jota and Traore figures they know when to accept an offer. £70 million for those two wasn’t bad . Spending it wisely and timely is yet another more difficult skill.

DJW

Reaction score
When he first arrived the defensive side of his game was the weakest, now I think it's the strongest aspect of his game. I'd like him to be a bit more ambitious now, going forward rather than take the easy option passing backwards. He looks like he could be a class act in the near future.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't read through the thread thoroughly, and while i appreciate that some may have said it to be unreasonable, and maybe some on the wind up, but i sm sure there are plenty of them who think they can have who they want off us, and that some genuinely think they can get him for 8m.

I will forever reserve my right to find any little reason to hate them :)
Who needs a bloody reason???

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes sorted them out Nuno Mendes from Sporting in the summer who they’re set to make permanent for around €40m this summer. Should mean they hopefully don’t have Rayan in their sights anymore

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes sorted them out Nuno Mendes from Sporting in the summer who they’re set to make permanent for around €40m this summer. Should mean they hopefully don’t have Rayan in their sights anymore
That’s good news for us

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need at least one more midfield player, preferably 2. Looking at options within the squad, I think, if Jonny and Semedo were both available and we were looking to play 3 in midfield, then Ryan could be the perfect fit on the left.

He drives forward with the ball, already knows how to do his defensive duties, is a player who doesn’t stop running (beyond other players) once he’s passed the ball.

Pity, Nelson isn’t fit, as I think Bruno may have tried this pre-season and I think it may have worked out pretty well.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyone concerned about ait nouri - not being in open training.

Hes in the algarve and squad for sporting, he may have had something personal to deal with

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyone concerned about ait nouri - not being in open training.

Hes in the algarve and squad for sporting, he may have had something personal to deal with
Or a meeting with his agent to look at options with clubs that can match his ambitions

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I will be shot down here, but what the heck. He defends well enough, he goes forward well. He runs forward positively, he is you g and hopefully coachable...could he be a dynamic box to box midfielder....

Cue we want people in their correct positions, not square pegs in round holes..

Yep, but he is young, and it is football not rocket science.....

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know I will be shot down here, but what the heck. He defends well enough, he goes forward well. He runs forward positively, he is you g and hopefully coachable...could he be a dynamic box to box midfielder....

Reminds me a lot of Marcelo. And he didn't change positions as his career went on. Just got more effective at the position he plays.

Not everyone is Gareth Bale.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of Marcelo. And he didn't change positions as his career went on. Just got more effective at the position he plays.

Not everyone is Gareth Bale.
Indeed, but has he got the ability?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. I think he has all the talent in the world, and will be an exceptional left wing back, left full back or left winger. But things like that shouldn't be forced, I don't think. He's young and improving so fast. Leave him be I say.
Fair enough, but would the move benefit Wolves?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I definitely think he could play in midfield and be equally effective. Our main problem will be keeping hold of him, unfortunately.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why move him though when he is absolutely perfect as a left back? Honestly think he could be one of the best in the world in his position in a few years.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why move him though when he is absolutely perfect as a left back? Honestly think he could be one of the best in the world in his position in a few years.
We did good with RAN, he looked great for Angers against PSG, and i thought there is a player. Since then he has defensively improved no end, is getting quicker at the ball at his feet.

Unless we are in europe, by 2024, he will be off.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good proposal.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did good with RAN, he looked great for Angers against PSG, and i thought there is a player. Since then he has defensively improved no end, is getting quicker at the ball at his feet.

Unless we are in europe, by 2024, he will be off.
If he is off he'll be not far off a 9 figure transfer fee by then

Going to the very, very top

And our recruitment team are terrible apparently

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been brilliant, best player of pre season.
Odd how he is showing his attacking qualities better as a fullback than he seemed to actually playing as a wingback.

I’ve heard commentators say how TAA is better as a fullback than wingback (for England) as it’s better for him to be running from a deeper position; maybe this is suiting RAN too?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is off he'll be not far off a 9 figure transfer fee by then

Going to the very, very top

And our recruitment team are terrible apparently
But do you think its a good policy if one good transfer fee brings a profit that helps to wipe out the losses incurred on the rest of the transfers that have failed.

Back
Top Bottom