Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why move him though when he is absolutely perfect as a left back? Honestly think he could be one of the best in the world in his position in a few years.
Because we have eff all depth in midfield and are crying out for some attacking intent there?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we have eff all depth in midfield and are crying out for some attacking intent there?
waste his talent running from fullback, he looks a much better fullback than wingback.

We do have attacking intent in the front 4

raul,mgw,neto,podence

in the wings traore and once available a fit chiqu

Now with traore likely to be off, we need an entry here, is that osorio, or a talent like madueke, or likely chem campbell

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of Marcelo. And he didn't change positions as his career went on. Just got more effective at the position he plays.

Not everyone is Gareth Bale.
I thought the same thing watching him against Sporting. Clearly models his game on Marcelo.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have this horrible feeling a bid from Man City could be incoming for him.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could see from the start how good Rayan was then and he is only going to get better and better - yet there were people that weren't impressed

Personally think it would be better for his development to stay at Wolves for another season and play every game - if there is still one question mark still hanging over him its the issue of his fitness and being able to last to the end of games - at times I felt he struggled last year, perhaps because of how much he put into the attacking aspect of the game.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They won’t up their bid of £40m for the guy from Brighton so can’t see them giving us what we want for him.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
They won’t up their bid of £40m for the guy from Brighton so can’t see them giving us what we want for him.
True, and as Angers have a 50% sell on clause it seems unlikely Wolves would let him go for anything less then £40m. Rayan is also contracted to us until 2026 where we still have an option to extend a further year. I think he's staying put for now.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
True, and as Angers have a 50% sell on clause it seems unlikely Wolves would let him go for anything less then £40m. Rayan is also contracted to us until 2026 where we still have an option to extend a further year. I think he's staying put for now.
50% or 10m Euros, so it makes sense to give them the 10m making it a total outlay of 20m Euros. Anything on top, and it wont be less than £45-50m will be profit. Academic anyway, the lad is staying and will be helped greatly if Hossem, fellow Algerian, arrives.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have this horrible feeling a bid from Man City could be incoming for him.

Well if we consider RAN is an incredible talent, only 21 and under contract until 2027, and we'd have to pay Angers £10m to remove the 50% sell-on clause, it would take a ridiculous fee. The most they wanted to pay for Cucurella was £40m, RAN would be £60-70m.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£60-£70m? Really?

The kid is obviously a talent, but he couldn’t even make our starting 11 for a good chunk of last seasons games ahead of Marcal. And when he did, he usually got subbed off because he was blowing out his ****.

People have an obsession with thinking full backs are brilliant because they attack well. It was the same level of hype with Vinagre / ‘the next Gareth Bale’.

I really think he’s going to be great for us this year and think his fitness will have improved, but he’s worth nowhere near what people are saying.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait Nouri has the highest ceiling of anyone in our squad by far - Neto the only one that’s close.

He’ll be a top player for a top club, but full backs just don’t go for that much. City won’t pay £50m for Cucurella but it’s not because they can’t.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Ait Nouri has the highest ceiling of anyone in our squad by far - Neto the only one that’s close.

He’ll be a top player for a top club, but full backs just don’t go for that much. City won’t pay £50m for Cucurella but it’s not because they can’t.
If anyone pays that, it’s City. They paid it for Walker, Cancelo. Come to think of it, how much did Utd pay for Wan-Bisakka?!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone pays that, it’s City. They paid it for Walker, Cancelo. Come to think of it, how much did Utd pay for Wan-Bisakka?!
But whilst we may think RAN can get to the highest level, the reality is he's played 44 PL games for Wolves and has registered three assists for an attack-minded player.

If they won't go above £40m for Cucurella it's hard to think they would for RAN - at this stage of his career.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
But whilst we may think RAN can get to the highest level, the reality is he's played 44 PL games for Wolves and has registered three assists for an attack-minded player.

If they won't go above £40m for Cucurella it's hard to think they would for RAN - at this stage of his career.
Sometimes you pay for potential too though. I agree though I don’t see anyone making a big move for Ait Nouri this season, unless a Chelsea or City tries a lowball £20-£25m offer and see if we panic and accept it.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£60-£70m? Really?

The kid is obviously a talent, but he couldn’t even make our starting 11 for a good chunk of last seasons games ahead of Marcal. And when he did, he usually got subbed off because he was blowing out his ****.

People have an obsession with thinking full backs are brilliant because they attack well. It was the same level of hype with Vinagre / ‘the next Gareth Bale’.

I really think he’s going to be great for us this year and think his fitness will have improved, but he’s worth nowhere near what people are saying.

Let's say £50m then, and you can immediately knock £10m off any fee that goes straight to Angers. He's 21, arguably one of the best young left back prospects in the world, has had an unbelievable preseason thus far, and is under contract for the next six years. We'll have paid £20m for him in total, so would you be happy to sell him for anything less than a £30m profit to a club that has infinite riches?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is safe this season but next summer he will go to one of the top top clubs. Clear he was a star from day one and i said at the time he will be more valuable than Neves and i have no doubt he will have a more successful career if he stays fit.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Cucurella has 35 premier league games, with one assist and one goal.

Ait Nouri has 44 premier league games, five assists and two goals

(According to transfrmrkt)

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will get slaughtered for this but I don’t get all the hype with him, I know he is only young and probably has a good future but his final ball and decisions are no better than Traore’s. Hope Marcal is soon fit enough to resume
He's terrific , are you on crack lol

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's say £50m then, and you can immediately knock £10m off any fee that goes straight to Angers. He's 21, arguably one of the best young left back prospects in the world, has had an unbelievable preseason thus far, and is under contract for the next six years. We'll have paid £20m for him in total, so would you be happy to sell him for anything less than a £30m profit to a club that has infinite riches?
People said we shouldn’t sell Traore for anything less than £50m, or even more, two summers ago. That worked out well…

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn’t be happy to sell him for any price, I think he’s going to have a cracking season with us.

Just don’t think he’s worth £60m, in the same way I don’t think Neves is.

D

Deleted member intdint

People said we shouldn’t sell Traore for anything less than £50m, or even more, two summers ago. That worked out well…

We had no concrete offers for Traore in that region, add the fact that Ait-Nouri is still only 21 years of age, has a long term contact and is getting better and better, then I don't think £50m is an unreasonable fee at all, infact I would say it's not enough.

Traore is more of a unique player, thats why he was being touted around for such outlandish fees, as soon as his purple patch ended, he was older, on a smaller contract and no longer wanted to play for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Ait-Nouri is a very special player.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had no concrete offers for Traore in that region, add the fact that Ait-Nouri is still only 21 years of age, has a long term contact and is getting better and better, then I don't think £50m is an unreasonable fee at all, infact I would say it's not enough.

Traore is more of a unique player, thats why he was being touted around for such outlandish fees, as soon as his purple patch ended, he was older, on a smaller contract and no longer wanted to play for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Ait-Nouri is a very special player.
Don’t disagree with any of that but if we got offered £50m I’d drive him there simply because that money would enable us to bring in players that will improve us now. RAN might go on to become worth more but there’s no certainty.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t disagree with any of that but if we got offered £50m I’d drive him there simply because that money would enable us to bring in players that will improve us now. RAN might go on to become worth more but there’s no certainty.
If we follow your logic to extremis we will never improve because we will sell all of our talent before we ever get the benefit. It takes one set of so-called "improvements" to go wrong to get relegated (and how many recruitment teams will consistently get it right) - see Saints a decade or so ago.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we follow your logic to extremis we will never improve because we will sell all of our talent before we ever get the benefit. It takes one set of so-called "improvements" to go wrong to get relegated (and how many recruitment teams will consistently get it right) - see Saints a decade or so ago.
Equally if you hang on to players when you get a very good offer you never get the income to make it work. With the benefit of hindsight we’d all have taken £40m for Traore two years ago. I accept RAN has the potential to become worth more than £50m but at the moment if no other money is available the team should be stronger investing £50m in two or three players, any one of which could increase in value as much as RAN. The major flaw is our inability to find such players but past performance may not be an indicator of future performance!

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With Jonny, Bueno, Lembiska, and Giles to come back, surely RAN is the best player to sell if we have to sell anyone? Certainly has more successors than the likes of Neves or Neto

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If selling RAN (£40m) and Traore (£10m) enabled us to bag a progressive midfielder then I would reluctantly agree.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri will be at a elite club one day. I'm not going to hope we sell him anytime soon no matter the price.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Jonny is worrying me as well. He seems really slow and ponderous. Full back areas are of concern.
Yep. Semedo and A.N. Other for RB and Jonny and RAN at LB. RAN needs to cut out the errors and have competition for his place. Do not want him sold, great prospect.

Back
Top Bottom