Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressed with him. A £40m player in the making imv. Take him, Kilman, Neves, Neto and (hopefully Silva) with the likes of MGW and the slightly older Podence and you have an excellent core of players to build on over the next three years with the hope that a couple more youngsters will break through. Sa, Coady and Semedo at 28 now can also keep going over that period with Hoever, Cundle, Chiquinho, Lonjwyk, Marques, Richards all having the potential to break through - perhaps Giles too.

The future is Old Gold

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

You're right Bill, it's almost like someone knows what they're doing at the club. Must be a backroom guy because Sellers and Shi don't have a clue apparently. ;-)
Absolutely 100% agree. Sellars and Shi don't have a clue (nor do they have any experience or track record).

Unfortunately they sacked that backroom guy that got us into this position (and bought Ait-Nouri, Semedo and Jonny to the club) near the end of last season.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are you to judge anyone anyway perfect peter?
How are you getting your knickers in a twist over what he's said???? I used to manage a bar and one of the doormen we had was completely innocuous, however, after seeing it kick off he was absolutely the last one of them you would want to mess with! We all make snap judgements on others, the ones who are wrong are the ones that refuse to change their opinion once its demonstrated to be incorrect.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted this one when we signed him....Needless to say it never caught on

Rayan Ait Nouri, he's got a story. He came from Angers to Molineux. Assists from wing back, Teams ****ing hate that. So please don't take Ait Nouri away.

better than running down the ****ing wing for me. :mad:

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
How are you getting your knickers in a twist over what he's said???? I used to manage a bar and one of the doormen we had was completely innocuous, however, after seeing it kick off he was absolutely the last one of them you would want to mess with! We all make snap judgements on others, the ones who are wrong are the ones that refuse to change their opinion once its demonstrated to be
Interesting and it's because he thought he was clever on another thread so keep ya nose out.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I particularly like the fact RAN wears, no nonsense, black football boots - not even a stripe on them.
None of your luminous green or pink with name stitched into them with gold thread for our RAN.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Glory, glory, Rayan Ait-Nouri.
"More end product than Traore". :eek:

(maybe save that one for when we play Barca in a couple of seasons...)

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me who laughs at how scruffy he is? He always looks like the Sunday league player who turns up late and gets the worst set of kit, socks round his ankles im sure he plays in shin pads the size of a matchbox.

Of course this is balanced out by him being one of the most exciting youngsters I’ve seen at the club.
His legs look too small and thin for his shorts.
Almost looks like he found a pair of the bigger kids shorts in the lost property box and has been made to wear them. That or he’d be playing in his pants and vest :D:D

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we didn't negotiate an option to buy the remaining 50% of RAN from Angers within a certain time period, possibly for slightly more than the £10m we spent on his left peg or maybe for £10m straight if we negotiated well.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Wolves using funds from selling Vinagre to help buy the other half of RAN in the summer. Will be interesting to see if Sporting bite. Think Vinagre was playing decently earlier in the season but has been out for a few months with an injury so depends how things go in the second half of the season for him.

Would people prioritise buying the second half of RAN over Hwang out of interest?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we didn't negotiate an option to buy the remaining 50% of RAN from Angers within a certain time period, possibly for slightly more than the £10m we spent on his left peg or maybe for £10m straight if we negotiated well.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Wolves using funds from selling Vinagre to help buy the other half of RAN in the summer. Will be interesting to see if Sporting bite. Think Vinagre was playing decently earlier in the season but has been out for a few months with an injury so depends how things go in the second half of the season for him.

Would people prioritise buying the second half of RAN over Hwang out of interest?
No point in doing this until we get serious interest from say PSG for example also don’t angers have to agree to it? Not sure how it works but they have some good players coming through there.

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
Mate it's a public forum, if you want to keep it between the two of you DM him. If not it's open for others to respond to
So you reply to every single post do you whilst making your partner wicked Wolfie wet his self?

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Here he comes Mr I know everything stevebullsknees,I'm surprised you have any friends how far you're stuck up your own ****.
He’s the only person on my ignore list (apart from me of course)

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here he comes Mr I know everything stevebullsknees,I'm surprised you have any friends how far you're stuck up your own ****.
Pelsall, I'm not sure whether you were the one who wrote that book, but your friend there certainly never read it. :fearscream: :grinning:

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No point in doing this until we get serious interest from say PSG for example also don’t angers have to agree to it? Not sure how it works but they have some good players coming through there.

If it’s an option to buy it’ll likely be in our favour, e.g. buy the remaining 50% from Angers for £Xm by end July 2022 where £Xm could be 10 if we’ve negotiated well or a bit higher than that if not. Angers asking price was rumoured to be 20m at the time so can’t imagine X will be higher than 12 at worst.

True, no great rush to exercise until close to the expiry date assuming there is one.

Sounds like there’s a similar option in the Chiquinho deal to buy remaining 20% (paying a little bit higher pro-rata than on the 80%).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s an option to buy it’ll likely be in our favour, e.g. buy the remaining 50% from Angers for £Xm by end July 2022 where £Xm could be 10 if we’ve negotiated well or a bit higher than that if not. Angers asking price was rumoured to be 20m at the time so can’t imagine X will be higher than 12 at worst.

True, no great rush to exercise until close to the expiry date assuming there is one.

Sounds like there’s a similar option in the Chiquinho deal to buy remaining 20% (paying a little bit higher pro-rata than on the 80%).
Some clever business hopefully!
Ait-Nouri is a ****ing Rolls Royce of a player and will only get better and better - what an immense signing for only 10 mil. Yet, our transfer team and Jeff Shi suck balls? I can't square this at all.
I think it’s the lack of activity & Bruno asking for players… Then add Silva & Semedo fee into it just frustration. Now we are doing well we can’t complain too much.

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
If I have an opinion, and its not already been voiced and sometimes if it has, then I'll state it if I decide to.

Really don't think you get the whole public forum concept do you....
I don't get why you needed to reply to it

MontyR

Reaction score
Read a Twitter thread back when he had that 10/10 performance against Salah and its described how he grew up playing street football. Can definitely see it in the way he plays. Glides by players so effortlessly.

My only complaint is when he turns and passes to the player behind him or next to him (usually Moutinho or Saiss). It's only a complaint because I know how easily he can take on the player ahead and get by him 9/10 times.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read a Twitter thread back when he had that 10/10 performance against Salah and its described how he grew up playing street football. Can definitely see it in the way he plays. Glides by players so effortlessly.

My only complaint is when he turns and passes to the player behind him or next to him (usually Moutinho or Saiss). It's only a complaint because I know how easily he can take on the player ahead and get by him 9/10 times.
Needs more step overs like Vinagre lol

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Some clever business hopefully!

I think it’s the lack of activity & Bruno asking for players… Then add Silva & Semedo fee into it just frustration. Now we are doing well we can’t complain too much.
I understand people wanting more and feeling let down about not getting a midfielder last window (I was disappointed, too); but, some of the criticism was (is) completely over the top. We've had some excellent moves this past year (see Sa) and many are starting to see that the Silva and Semedo signings may actually be pretty damn good (with a little patience). Based on Sa and RAN alone, you gotta give the transfer team some leeway and credit. They're not perfect, but they're delivering IMO.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I understood that we had the option to buy out the 50% for c€9m.

Back
Top Bottom