Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not concerned. He’s a real talent going forward and we’ve seen many stellar defensive performances as well.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a point when perhaps we should not think it coincidence we seem to have so many very technically gifted and class players who all seem to be out of form/underperforming at the same time.

Ran, Jonny, neves, podence, Raul, donk, mgw, neto… etc etc

These are very very capable players unyet Bruno is making them look league one standard since Christmas.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a point when perhaps we should not think it coincidence we seem to have so many very technically gifted and class players who all seem to be out of form/underperforming at the same time.

These are very very capable players unyet Bruno is making them look league one standard since Christmas.

Either that or they aren't as good as we think they are. Does Bruno coach them to miss open goals? Make clumsy challenges and play like you're on sleeping pills?

I think "capable" is the word. Not brilliant, just "capable". Not top of the table challengers, but really should be capable of finishing top half...say around 10th.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either that or they aren't as good as we think they are. Does Bruno coach them to miss open goals? Make clumsy challenges and play like you're on sleeping pills?

I think "capable" is the word. Not brilliant, just "capable". Not top of the table challengers, but really should be capable of finishing top half...say around 10th.

Decent point. I dunno. I do feel the players just have a certain apathy with Bruno. He is just so ‘meh’. Personally I have no connection with him as our manager at all and would not care at all if he was banged out the door tomorrow.

Back to ran… he has the talent. He needs coaching. I have no faith our coach can help him or any of the others. Vanilla ice cream.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously talented but too many unforced errors. Not sure what the solution is.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s me. If I put a Wolves player in my fantasy league team they turn to ****

As soon as I put Kilman in about February last year his form and our clean sheets dried up.

Put RAN in at the start of this season, and…..
Can you make sure you have Spurs players in your team for next weekend then please. :mask:

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was thinking of running the Scapegoat of the Week Award this season again!!

This weeks nominees would be:

Ait Nouri
Jonny
Danny Podence

Most weeks will also feature Hwang and MGW too.

It’s just the way it is on here with certain of our brothers

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jonny - just back from injury
Podence - I would argue has always been a been a one good game in five player since he arrived
Donk - has looked ok first two games after mediocrity for previous seasons (including under Nuno)
MGW - who knows? its a big season for him but being given a chance this year that he didn't get under Nuno
Neto - just back from injury
Raul - hopefully he will recover to the pre-injury Raul this year but, who knows?

I don't buy this belief - its all the managers fault. Sa, Kilman, Collins, Semedo, Neves don't seem to have any issues playing for him

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was thinking of running the Scapegoat of the Week Award this season again!!

This weeks nominees would be:

Ait Nouri
Jonny
Danny Podence

Most weeks will also feature Hwang and MGW too.

It’s just the way it is on here with certain of our brothers
Podence and Ait-Nouri were probably our worst performers to be fair, Jonny didn't have a great game either but I'm not sure he's finished after his injuries. He was pretty damn good when he first got back to fitness last season (though when Semedo came on he looked different level entirely!)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
For the last two seasons he's played with the assurance of a back three behind him, the lad will just be getting used to now only having two centre halves and Coady organising things all the time.

Give the lad a break!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Not sure what people had against Ait-Nouri except for the one obvious error, they kept attacking him for pace and he dealt with it every time. He's got to adjust to FB rather than WB. Think it would be crazy to drop him though, he's only going to get better. He seems to have 90 minutes in his legs playing like this, but maybe not in his brain yet. He also seemed to get a lot of grief last week for playing out, when partly Neves and mostly Sa got off light with bigger errors. Then for 'not tracking his man' when he actually got to the ball first (albeit not in a good way!)

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems Saiss has passed on the " switch off at inopportune moments " baton to RAN........ Boly had previously handed it to Romain.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Obviously talented but too many unforced errors. Not sure what the solution is.
If you had a quality used motor, but without warning it would break down for no apparent reason, would you spend a fortune on getting the problems diagnosed and remedied or would you trade it in? Like any analogy it has its weaknesses but taking the gist of the idea, what do you do with a player who can do the unpredictable bad at any moment?
It's reliability every time for me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he has the young player issue of looking a bit too casual at time and not being “switched on”. Different position but like a young Rio Ferdinand who always had a mistake in him until Ferguson got hold of him. I’m sure Bruno will be doing the same with Rayan

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait Nouri has the highest ceiling of anyone in our squad by far - Neto the only one that’s close.

He’ll be a top player for a top club, but full backs just don’t go for that much. City won’t pay £50m for Cucurella but it’s not because they can’t.

I think City backed out of the Cucurealla deal so they weren't seen to be spending that much on another fullback, after already spending a combined £157m on Walker, Cancelo and Mendy!

Yeah, from an ability point of view, I'd agree on Ait-Nouri having the highest ceiling. I think he has the tools to go all the way to the top if he carries on his progression.

But as you say, that £50-60m fee for a fullback is probably the most you could hope for, so from a value point of view, I think Neto has the highest ceiling.

Forward players always attract a premium. Which is why it is so important for a club with a sell to buy model to play attractive football and score some goals!!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah young players make mistakes, defenders it costs goals so it is noticed more. He stays in the starting line up for me pretty comfortably, Jonny is not the guy he was at all and I'd back RAN to do a much better job against Spurs than Jonny. Pace and power will absolutely terrify him this year unfortunately, Son/Richarlison are as pacey/powerful as it gets

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the last two seasons he's played with the assurance of a back three behind him, the lad will just be getting used to now only having two centre halves and Coady organising things all the time.

Give the lad a break!
I thought Coady was the cause of all our problems if you believed some on here.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I thought Coady was the cause of all our problems if you believed some on here.
I mean we have conceded twice in 2 games, with some pretty ropey goalkeeping (penalty save only nets out against Leeds howler) last year we conceded at a slightly higher rate with our keeper largely playing out of his mind.

I don't think we've looked more shaky at the back this season, especially against a team who got 2x against Liverpool and another who have 4 in two games.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean we have conceded twice in 2 games, with some pretty ropey goalkeeping (penalty save only nets out against Leeds howler) last year we conceded at a slightly higher rate with our keeper largely playing out of his mind.

I don't think we've looked more shaky at the back this season, especially against a team who got 2x against Liverpool and another who have 4 in two games.
My point is it’s too soon, and too easy to blame one thing.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think RAN was great in either game so far. He's set a high bar though so its going to be disappointing when a player we all know is clearly very, very talented has a couple of below par games.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he’s a talented player in a back 5. But a full back he ain’t
And that’s why I would play him on the left of a midfield three, with Neves and Dendonker, with our current fit squad options and move Jonny to LB and Semedo back at RB.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Yeah young players make mistakes, defenders it costs goals so it is noticed more. He stays in the starting line up for me pretty comfortably, Jonny is not the guy he was at all and I'd back RAN to do a much better job against Spurs than Jonny. Pace and power will absolutely terrify him this year unfortunately, Son/Richarlison are as pacey/powerful as it gets
Nouri will only play against Spurs if Bruno plays 5 at the back. Otherwise it will be Johnny on the left and Semedo on the right.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think RAN was great in either game so far. He's set a high bar though so its going to be disappointing when a player we all know is clearly very, very talented has a couple of below par games.

I'm not sure he has set a high bar tbf. Always looked handy going forward but has often been a mess defensively since we signed him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Nouri will only play against Spurs if Bruno plays 5 at the back. Otherwise it will be Johnny on the left and Semedo on the right.
Jonny will be crucified by Spurs wide forwards, it will be a mistake imo.

RAN has put in some great 1v1 performances in the past

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Had Salah in his pocket
He locked up Raphinha in his first start last season, too. He managed more than a few threats. It’ll come as a FB. I’m still starting him over Jonny, who’s a great option to come in for either him or Semedo. Still looks to have his stamina issue, though. A tired pen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He locked up Raphinha in his first start last season, too. He managed more than a few threats. It’ll come as a FB. I’m still starting him over Jonny, who’s a great option to come in for either he or Semedo. Still looks to have his stamina issue, though. A tired pen.
I am really worried about Jonny, and think he greatly limits our width. Their full-back always gets a 1v1 against our wide forwards who are tasked with cutting in as Jonny can't get up and back well anymore.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he’s a talented player in a back 5. But a full back he ain’t

And yet he played full back all the time for Angers prior to joining us.

Is he more suited to a 5 with his CURRENT attributes in the premier league?, possibly. However I don't think we can sweepingly say he isn't a full back.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hilarious surely electricity prices and the war in Ukraine must have something to do with Bruno’s team selection

Back
Top Bottom