Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu starting for MK Dons in their 2nd leg play off. 2-0 down so won't be an easy one...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can corbeanu, come back nw and join the u23s promotion push and be on the bench against the Albion Friday....

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty disastrous day for Grasshoppers losing 1-0 to Sion and now just 3 points above the relegation play off place with 3 games to go

Bonatini, Bolla and Kawabe all started. Jordao on the bench but no minutes for him.

Some tough games to come for Grasshoppers so still very much in the relegation mix.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Theo Corbeanu showed positive intent and glimpses of what he can do in a 90 minute appearance as MK Dons fell short, winning 1-0 but losing 2-1 on aggregate to Wycombe. That was only Theo’s 4th 90 minute outing for MK Dons

As outlined by @Boss Hogg , Grasshoppers are now back in the thick of a scrap to avoid a relegation playoff after losing 1-0 at home to Sion. Hayao Kawabe played 90 mins, Bolla 81 mins, Bonatini 75mins. Bruno Jordao was an unused substitute and Sang-bin Jeong wasn’t in the squad

Grasshoppers are 3 points clear of Luzern who occupy the playoff spot. The playoff would be against the 2nd place team from the league below.

Tondela and Renat Dadashov are almost certain to be relegated as they lost 3-0 away at Gil Vicente. Renat was an unused substitute

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez Grasshoppers season went seriously south after their winter break... pretty sure they were 3rd or 4th at the time & looking good for a European place.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In other news you've got to feel for Luke Matheson, who must have got dizzy being turned inside out at S****horpe vs. Bristol Rovers! I hope he can reset over the summer and get back to his potential.
I would love to be wrong but what potential? In the under 23s he just looked like a terrier chasing a wasp.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez Grasshoppers season went seriously south after their winter break... pretty sure they were 3rd or 4th at the time & looking good for a European place.

They were 6th at the winter break, 10 points short of the European positions, so that wasn't really realistic - but neither was relegation.

That said, they have been atrocious since the break - 15 games, 3 wins, 4 draws, 8 losses (just 13 points). 9th (out of 10) in the form table over those 15 games. The team chasing them (Luzern) changed their manger and are 4th in the form table over the same period with 22 points since the winter break. Grasshoppers play 2 of the top 3 in their final 3 games, however so do Luzern. I don't think Grasshoppers will be relegated, even if they end up in the playoffs as they *should* be able to beat the 2nd placed team from the league below.

They've had a bit of bad luck with injuries and consequently a side that changes frequently from one match to another. However, they will probably change their manager in the summer, whether they stay up or not - unless those injuries are deemed significant enough to give him another shot.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Monday:

Jack Scott was an unused substitute as St Patrick’s drew 0-0 away at 2nd placed Derry City

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday:

Adama Traore was an unused substitute for the 3rd time in 5 games as Barcelona beat Celta Vigo 3-1 at home

Leonardo Campana was rested as Inter Miami beat Tormenta (US League One) 3-1 in the US Open Cup

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wednesday:

Nigel Lonwijk came off the bench after 29mins as Fortuna Sittard lost 2-1 at home to Europe chasing Vitesse. Owing to results elsewhere, that drops Sittard into the relegation spots (albeit the play off spot) on GD with one game left to play - the two teams directly above play each other in the final game. Sittard play Nijmegen (chasing a Conference league play off spot) away from home

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vital point Thursday night for Grasshoppers away at high flying Basel. Not much Wolves loanee involvement with only Kawabe and Bolla starting, Jordao made a late sub appearance and Bonatini stayed on the bench.

It could have been all 3 points but Grasshoppers conceded late in the game not helped by a red card for the former wolf Christian Herc - he came on as a sub in the 74th minute, got a yellow on 76 and 2nd yellow on 77th which must be some sort of record!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vital point Thursday night for Grasshoppers away at high flying Basel. Not much Wolves loanee involvement with only Kawabe and Bolla starting, Jordao made a late sub appearance and Bonatini stayed on the bench.

It could have been all 3 points but Grasshoppers conceded late in the game not helped by a red card for the former wolf Christian Herc - he came on as a sub in the 74th minute, got a yellow on 76 and 2nd yellow on 77th which must be some sort of record!

Saved me a job, thanks.

Only thing to add would be Sand-bin Jeong wasn’t in the squad.

Grasshoppers move up a place (to 7th) by virtue of goal difference but are now just 1 point from the relegation playoff place (9th) as the current occupant (Luzern) won their third game on the trot. Sion who sit in 8th have by far the easiest run in of the 3 teams

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellently taken goal by Patrick Cutrone. Basically "failed" on almost all his loans out but at least he says farewell to the Empoli fans in the only way a forward can say it best.

Apologies for the delay, I am in moderation.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday:

Patrick Cutrone scored only his third Empoli goal in 30 appearances as he opened the scoring in a 1-1 draw at home to Salernitana. He played 56 mins.

Goal here at roughly 50 seconds

Morgan Gibbs White played 90 mins in Sheff Utds first leg playoff defeat at home to Nottingham Forest. Gibbs white provided the assist for Sheff UTds goal

Next week’s Portuguese Cup Finalist, Tondela were today relegated as they drew 2-2 at home to Boavista. Even a win wouldn’t have saved them owing to results elsewhere. Renat Dadashov came on for the final 31 mins

Jack Scott was an unused substitute for the third game running as St Patrick’s drew 1-1 away at Sligo Rovers

Ruben Vinagre was an unused substitute as Sporting finished their season with a 4-0 win over Santa Clara

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Campana scored again as Miami drew 2-2 with DC United

Yep, overnight Leonardo Campana opening the scoring in a 90 minute appearance as Inter Miami drew 2-2 with DC United. That is Campana’s 7th goal in 12 games

Goal here (c.50 seconds in)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday:

Nigel Lonwijk played the final 16 mins as Fortuna Sittard beat mid table Nijmegen 1-0 away to stage a last day survival.. climbing out of the relegation zone at the expense of Heracles. Nigel played 23 times for Sittard scoring one goal.

Another big day, this time in Kent, as Louie Moulden played 120 mins and kept a clean sheet in Ebbsfleet’s 1-0 win over Chippenham in the National League South playoff semi final. They now play Dorking in the final

Adama Traore was an unused substitute as Barcelona drew 0-0 away at Getafe

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday:

Nigel Lonwijk played the final 16 mins as Fortuna Sittard beat mid table Nijmegen 1-0 away to stage a last day survival.. climbing out of the relegation zone at the expense of Heracles. Nigel played 23 times for Sittard scoring one goal.

Another big day, this time in Kent, as Louie Moulden played 120 mins and kept a clean sheet in Ebbsfleet’s 1-0 win over Chippenham in the National League South playoff semi final. They now play Dorking in the final

Adama Traore was an unused substitute as Barcelona drew 0-0 away at Getafe
Incredible that Barcelona can labour to a 0-0 draw and not bring on a clearly game-changing player in Traore.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible that Barcelona can labour to a 0-0 draw and not bring on a clearly game-changing player in Traore.
Get the feeling they don't really want him to look like a game-changer at the moment. It doesn't really fit with the "We might take him off your hands for nothing if you really push it" narrative.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can see where you're coming from and I'd agree he was probably worth a shot (especially as they had 9 of the first team squad team out due to injury/suspension), however Getafe needed just 1 point to secure their safety and Barca had 70%+ possession. For me, Adama is better where the game is open and he has decent space to run into. Its clear that Getafe were largely camped in their own half looking for the point so those sorts of opportunities would be limited.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday:

I’ll keep this brief as it’s been talked about at length on his own thread, however MGW played 120 mins as Sheff Utd beat Nottingham Forest on the night, 2-1, however they lost 3-2 on penalties. Morgan scored Sheffield’s first goal but missed the decisive penalty.

Morgan’s goal:

Patrick Cutrone came on for the final 30 mins as Empoli lost a friendly vs Ukraine 3-1. That was the second of three friendly games Ukraine are playing as they warm up for their qualifying game vs Scotland.

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday:

I’ll keep this brief as it’s been talked about at length on his thread, however MGW played 120 mins as Sheff Utd beat Nottingham Forest on the night, 2-1, however they lost 3-2 on penalties. Morgan scored Sheffield’s first goal but missed the decisive penalty.

Morgan’s goal:

Patrick Cutrone came on for the final 30 mins as Empoli lost a friendly vs Ukraine 3-1. That was the second of three friendly games Ukraine are playing as they warm up for their qualifying game vs Scotland.

And for completeness, here is Morgan’s penalty

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night:

Leonardo Campana played 69 mins as Inter Miami drew 0-0 away at Philadelphia Union

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grasshoppers won 3-2 at home vs St Gallen which, whilst not mathematically, realistically means they are safe from relegation with one game to spare.

Leo Bonatini and Hayao Kawabe started the match with Bonatini playing 80 minutes and providing the assist for GZ’s second. Kawabe played 90 mins and was booked. Bruno Jordao was Bonatini’s replacement from the bench and Sang-bin Jeong was an unused substitute. Bendeguz Bolla was missing due to a yellow card suspension

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't follow any of our loanees, but what I have gathered from this thread so far, there is a theme emerging:

Sarkic was motm
Gibbs-white has scored again, and
Adama was an unused sub

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Louie Moulden played the full match as Ebbsfleet lost 3-2 aet to my hometown club Dorking Wanderers in the national league south play off final. Mental that dorking were a local parks side that I played against less than 25yrs ago.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't follow any of our loanees, but what I have gathered from this thread so far, there is a theme emerging:

Sarkic was motm
Gibbs-white has scored again, and
Adama was an unused sub
That would have saved me a lot of work if I’d have stuck to those! :D

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night:

Jack Scott made his 14th appearance for St Patrick’s as he was a half time introduction to play the full second half. St Patrick’s made it 3 games without a win as they lost 2-1 at home to Shelbourne

Today:

As already highlighted by @Sussex Wolf , Louie Moulden played 120 mins as Ebbsfleet lost out to Dorking 3-2 after extra time in the National League South play off final. There was ecstasy and heartbreak in injury time as with 6 mins on the board, Ebbsfleet took the lead in the 3rd minute of that only for Dorking to equalise in the 10th minute (play was further stopped due to flares on the pitch) of injury time to force the additional 30 mins. Dorking will play in the National League next season

Currently Patrick Cutrone has a rare start for his final Empoli match… 30 mins gone away at Atalanta… 0-0. Will update later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom