Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is this even still a debate?

Our best front 3 is clearly Neto-Raul-Podence. If Podence went to Sheff Utd, would you back him to have the same impact Morgan has? And he's 26! Come to think of it, would you back Hwang, Chiquinho or Trincao to have a similar impact?

His ability both on the right and through the middle is perfect for the current team setup (as that winger-cum-third-midfielder Bruno lauded Trincao for) - he is so obviously the missing link between the attack and midfield.

Morgan should come back and he should take Podence's place in the first team. End of.

Podence is class. He would be amazing in the championship. Really rate MGW as well. Both should be in our first team squad next season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW plays in a totally different position so Traore or Trincao has no effect on him at all
I was very impressed with MGW before he went on loan, thought he could be of real use to us this season,and indeed he could have,but understand the reasoning behind his move
He is getting to an age where he should be contesting for the first team now,and if they dont fancy him move him on
Its not doing him any good keep being loaned out,at least as far as his Wolves career is concerned
Glad he has had a decent season at Sheffield, and hope he comes back stronger and more willing to fight for his spot next season
He has the talent,just needed to get his ego and attitude under control, lets hope that is sorted now and he really pushes on

He's played all over the place at Sheffield. He could easily play in a Podence type role or as a wider attacker.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s had loads of unfair stick over the last few seasons,
He's deserved some of it - not all, though.

For example, his initial stupidity during the first stage of the pandemic, and also in my opinion his excessive "flicks & tricks", which often lost us possession, and which have been criticised this season by some of their supporters (see previous links to their forum).

Having said that, MGW now appears to be showing evidence of greater maturity and better decision-making. He's changed my originally negative attitude towards him, and I think we will need - and benefit from keeping - him next season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Our best front 3 is clearly Neto-Raul-Podence. If Podence went to Sheff Utd, would you back him to have the same impact Morgan has? And he's 26! Come to think of it, would you back Hwang, Chiquinho or Trincao to have a similar impact?

His ability both on the right and through the middle is perfect for the current team setup (as that winger-cum-third-midfielder Bruno lauded Trincao for) - he is so obviously the missing link between the attack and midfield.

Morgan should come back and he should take Podence's place in the first team. End of.
I challenge you to a duel so that Daniels honour is defended. Im a Pod convert. Class player

T

TheConcourse

There are levels to this game, friend.

That said.. two attacking from midfield in MGW and Podence would be cool to watch.

Reaction score
Sheff Utd back in the playoff positions. If they go up you’d think they’d want to sign him and he’d probably want to go. I hope we do keep him and give him a chance next year though

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Moutinho and Neves do leave, which i think is more likely than unlikely - we will be getting on our knees to make him to stay!

In all seriousness though, he is either a 10 or outwide drifting in field. That is where his strengths are. And IMHO, I am still not sure if he has enough quality to play those roles in the PL.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The question is with MGW is how often have we produced quality home grown talent in recent times ?We need to nurture him and make use of him .I just hope he doesn’t go out on loan again because that will probably confirm he has no future here

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Moutinho and Neves do leave, which i think is more likely than unlikely - we will be getting on our knees to make him to stay!

In all seriousness though, he is either a 10 or outwide drifting in field. That is where his strengths are. And IMHO, I am still not sure if he has enough quality to play those roles in the PL.
The only way we will find out is if we play him in those roles. So in my view, and given that Lage wants two quality players for each position we should definitely bring him back and give him a decent chance in the first half of next season in competition with (presumably) Trincao. If it doesn't work out then we sell him in Jan 23.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the game last night. Very Raw first half. Played well in the second.

Even if he went on loan again next season it wouldn't be a disaster. Best way to develop young players is by playing regular football. Championship is an excellent division to develop. 22 is still quite young for a Premier league player. Most don't really get going till mid 20's.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even if he went on loan again next season it wouldn't be a disaster. Best way to develop young players is by playing regular football. Championship is an excellent division to develop. 22 is still quite young for a Premier league player. Most don't really get going till mid 20's.
Completely agree. Kevin de Bruyne was 22 when Chelsea binned him off and I doubt too many of their fans were up in arms at the time

There were many on here ****ed off we didn't sign Maddison after he tore up the Championship, yet one of own is doing it in a worse team and folk would sell him

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's enjoying his football but remember Bonatini, Cav and Costa looked very good at that level, the step up showed they weren't ready. Morgan has a long way to go still before we're using him as a regular player imo.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The thing is...Has he had his nose put out of joint.I somehow cannot see him coming back to wolves ,(especially if sheff get promoted and want him) He's 22 and he's seeing players younger than himself playing for wolves this season.I mean Ait-Nouri is only 20.Ki-jana Hoever.20.Ruben.25.Cundle 19.Neto.22.Chiquinho 22.Trincao 22.Silva19.From what I'm led to believe,he wanted first team selection and Bruno couldn't guarantee it.Which is correct in my opinion.I feel as though his head is too big for his shoulders.

Rowzed

Reaction score
The thing is...Has he had his nose put out of joint.I somehow cannot see him coming back to wolves ,(especially if sheff get promoted and want him) He's 22 and he's seeing players younger than himself playing for wolves this season.I mean Ait-Nouri is only 20.Ki-jana Hoever.20.Ruben.25.Cundle 19.Neto.22.Chiquinho 22.Trincao 22.Silva19.From what I'm led to believe,he wanted first team selection and Bruno couldn't guarantee it.Which is correct in my opinion.I feel as though his head is too big for his shoulders.
One difference next season is the 5 sub rule, used in a pressing team will allow the coach to use 3 attacking subs each game and still have room to change a wing back or two.

young players will get opportunities they weren’t offered in the structured risk averse defensive unit Nuno created

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that..But he seems to think he should be starting games now..And wasn't prepared to fight for the right to start.By all accounts,Bruno didn't want him to go,but he wanted first team action,so went out on loan.He's done well I suppose but would be want to come back here to sit on the bench.I very much doubt it.And Bruno couldn't guarantee him a start.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's enjoying his football but remember Bonatini, Cav and Costa looked very good at that level, the step up showed they weren't ready. Morgan has a long way to go still before we're using him as a regular player imo.
But at least Bonatini, Cav and Costa got chances in the PL before being discarded.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sheffield get promoted they will buy him for £25m or so, if they don't he might go to Fulham to replace the lad going to Liverpool.

I just can't see him wanting to come back and sit on the bench, so I expect him to be sold to be honest.

I would want to keep him, and I guess the 5 subs might make it slightly more likely, I just think anything over £20m would fund the academy for 5 years and that would appeal to Jeff.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Nothing new in this clip for me, apart from some obviously restored confidence. Not saying that he hasn't done very well up there, but we've seen those flicks and turns before. To be honest, the first couple of games he featured in (Spurs, Chelsea in the first season after the promotion), he was able to fool the opposition very well with these tricks up until one moment, late against Chelsea when someone read it and stopped him. It never worked for him as well ever after and was mostly frustrating to watch.

It's a big step up from the Championship to the PL, but he certainly deserves a decent chance.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But at least Bonatini, Cav and Costa got chances in the PL before being discarded.
True, all I mean is that if neves etc do leave thinking that Morgan will slot straight in is a big ask

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just look at this highlight reel! If this video was about 22 year old Morginho from Benfica fans would be very excited.

He’s got it all for a player in his position, quick feet, passing, vision, shooting, crossing, skill, strength, pace, work rate.

I’m so excited to have him back next season, he will be starting games imo.

Currently on Sky against Bournemouth by the way.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching MGW v Bouremouth on Sky. Creating lots when on the ball but not involved enough. HT

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a real live wire. Wants to be involved all the time unlike hwang and Trincao.

T

TheConcourse

Yep. His energy is infectious. No issue with him coming back and playing one of the front three, especially if Neto is back. Hwang on the bench. Trincao on the beach.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MotM today.
At least one “wolves” player looked up for it this weekend and tried to make things happen.
Should have had a penalty too

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Wolves are keeping tabs on MGW and are aware of the 'rave reviews' he's getting. Playing devil's advocate; it is the Champo and not the Prem. MGW will have a chance to show how he's progressed during the summer/pre season and if deemed good enough by Bruno, will have a chance.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Wolves are keeping tabs on MGW and are aware of the 'rave reviews' he's getting. Playing devil's advocate; it is the Champo and not the Prem. MGW will have a chance to show how he's progressed during the summer/pre season and if deemed good enough by Bruno, will have a chance.
He is a stand out player in that league the prem is a step up but surely his performance levels must tell you something!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a lot of people would say that the top end of the Championship is a resource we should be looking more closely at in the future.

Morgan is already tearing it up that there and he’s one of ours, so we get all of the benefits of a player performing well at that level without the outlay.

I’m sure the Wolves management are well aware of this and will be looking to integrate him next season.

It really would be a significant oversight if not, especially with Lage’s proclivity for developing young talent

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
As anyone seen the penalty Gibbs white should have had , absolutely cleaned out by Nat Phillips who swings and totally misses the ball wiping Gibbs white out , if it’s the first match you see in your life you knows it’s a pen , utterly pathetic refereeing yet again , just goes to show the standard of these idiots that are aiming to join the other garbage that already officiate in the greed league

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was playing well for us in the Prem at the end of last season to be fair.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a stand out player in that league the prem is a step up but surely his performance levels must tell you something!
His performances don't tell me anything as I've not seen them. I've seen him play plenty of times for Wolves and most of the time he was poor.
Going on what I hear and read, he's been getting rave reviews as I said, so hopefully will give Bruno plenty to think about.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His performances don't tell me anything as I've not seen them. I've seen him play plenty of times for Wolves and most of the time he was poor.
Going on what I hear and read, he's been getting rave reviews as I said, so hopefully will give Bruno plenty to think about.

I’ve watched a few of their games on tv, and he’s playing extremely well. It’s a different league though, with slower and less organised defences. But, he looked good for us pre season as well, so I don’t think it’s a surprise or false impression.

Back
Top Bottom