Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is class. If he wasnt our player he is just the sort of player a lot of us would love to sign from the Championship. His confidence, movement and touch are excellent. If we dont play him next season and fully integrate him it will be a complete joke. He actually reminds me of Grealish. Everywhere on the pitch.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gold tinted glasses all round tonight. He had a good first but very quiet second half.
However, has had a very productive season on loan.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Only saw the last 10mins. Thought easily the most eventive player in that time. Made some great runs and first time balls, but his team mates were on a different wave length. In PL he would be played through.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His confidence is sky-high at the moment and it is great to see him flourish in his loan.

Still a lot to play for in the race for the Chump play off places and Sheff Utd have not got it easy in their last 3 games. Nevertheless I hope they get into the play-offs and MGW plays his part.

I genuinely hope that he brings that confidence back to Wolves pre-season and really cements a place in the side.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a pretty poor article in fairness, but quite concerning today that Spiers is making noises that we could be 'tempted' to sell MGW in the summer.

Says he was not at all happy with how he was treated last season and with two years left on his deal it's nearly at the stage where he has to sign a new deal or go, and, reading between the lines, it may be hard to get him to sign a new deal as he will want to play every week and doesn't sound like he'll fall for any BS on that.

If they sell him now I'd be livid. Needs to be in the XI next season.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to be in the XI next season.
Needs to be in the squad next season. I don't think he's that good that the Head Coach - whoever that will be! - can guarantee a regular starting place.

But then if MGW is that good (ie, as good as he believes he is) then fair enough, he's starting regularly. Hope he is.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a pretty poor article in fairness, but quite concerning today that Spiers is making noises that we could be 'tempted' to sell MGW in the summer.

Says he was not at all happy with how he was treated last season and with two years left on his deal it's nearly at the stage where he has to sign a new deal or go, and, reading between the lines, it may be hard to get him to sign a new deal as he will want to play every week and doesn't sound like he'll fall for any BS on that.

If they sell him now I'd be livid. Needs to be in the XI next season.
MGW was arguably our best performer in pre-season, seemingly taking to Bruno's new attacking philosophy like a duck to water. Yet, come season proper he was back on the bench as the familiar faces occupied the starting XI. Then after Bruno pretty much abandoned his style for one the team were more familiar with his chances of starting were even less.

He would be mad to come back to Wolves for more of the same.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is exactly the sort of link between midfield and attack that we have been craving for so long, it would be madness to let him go without giving him a decent chance; this season’s loan was probably an important stage in his development because he was at the point where he needed regular games to hone his skills. I hope we can convince him to stay.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A decision needs to be reached with Gibbs-White, whose contract also runs out in two years, after a strong season on loan at Sheffield United in the Championship. Wolves will be tempted to sell, knowing that the England Under-21 international’s value will be pushing towards £20 million (Nottingham Forest rejected Brentford’s £18 million offer for Brennan Johnson, another Championship starlet, in January, which gives you an indication of Gibbs-White’s market value).

But there is another school of thought that the majority of Premier League clubs are looking to pick off and purchase the best players in the Championship and, well, Wolves have one. Gibbs-White is theirs. And he could thrive in the Premier League for them. Equally, the player is thought to have been scarred by how he was treated last season when he was recalled from a loan at Swansea City in the second tier only to spend much of the final five months of the season kicking his heels on the bench at Molineux. Gibbs-White wants to play regularly.

MontyR

Reaction score
4231 with him, Podence, Neto and Silva should be our front line next season, with Podence eventually being replaced by Chiquinho in a year or two.

I said it back in January and I stand by it now. We should have said to Sheffield “take Silva for 6 months and have him up front with Gibbs-White and Billy Sharp or we recall him”.

I’d be all for an Arsenal type of rebuild. Attacking football with a focus on our younger players. Sell anyone who doesn’t fit that or attempt to change their play style. If I tune into the first game of the 22/23 season and see us recycling the ball to Coady instead of pushing forward then I’ll be fuming.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao heading off, Podence injury prone, Neto looks miles off it, most fans now think Hwang is crap, people seemingly thinking both Neves and Moutinho are off, while most think it's a good idea to get rid of Dendoncker.

Morgan's going to have a big role to play here next season. Cundle will almost certainly go out on loan.

However for MGW to thrive we need to sort our formation out because we won't get the best out of him in a midfield two or wide of a front three.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if we sold him in the summer or if he wanted to leave. Sure he’s been a bit of an idiot over the last few years and should take responsibility for that, but the way he’s been treated by the Wolves management has, in my view, been pretty poor.

As someone else above has said, he was the standout performer in preseason but then got shunted aside in favour of Trincao and Hwang. That’s can’t do much for his confidence and from the outside looking in now, money aside, are we that much of an attractive prospect for a creative player?

I reckon a £20mil bid from a promoted team or someone like Palace/Soton will do it. We can then spend that money on a couple of lightweight Portuguese wingers and job’s a good’un.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we can convince him to stay.
Likewise. He's the only creative option available if Podence is out and look how we lack creativity. Might even see them playing together at some point. Only down side is I don't think he's great at tracking back - see (e.g.) Reading's winner at the Blades.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His performances don't tell me anything as I've not seen them. I've seen him play plenty of times for Wolves and most of the time he was poor.
Going on what I hear and read, he's been getting rave reviews as I said, so hopefully will give Bruno plenty to think about.

I thought he definitely had a spell of looking bad for us but at the end of last season him and Vintina where showing real ability. The production wasn't there but you could really see the ability he had.

Reactions: Ned

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4231 with him, Podence, Neto and Silva should be our front line next season, with Podence eventually being replaced by Chiquinho in a year or two.

I said it back in January and I stand by it now. We should have said to Sheffield “take Silva for 6 months and have him up front with Gibbs-White and Billy Sharp or we recall him”.

I’d be all for an Arsenal type of rebuild. Attacking football with a focus on our younger players. Sell anyone who doesn’t fit that or attempt to change their play style. If I tune into the first game of the 22/23 season and see us recycling the ball to Coady instead of pushing forward then I’ll be fuming.

I'd still loan out Silva for atleast 6 months and bring in a couple of veterans. I think he needs a good 20 games starting every week and get on the score sheet. I'm not sure we can allow him that

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be absolutely fuming if we sold him now. He is exactly the type of player we need. We should never have loaned him out in the first place.
When have you ever known scott sellars to make a correct decision? He was bragging about using the pedro goncalves money to buy a football field. Now he is worth 50 million.
Sellars is a yes man and tows the party line. They will sell gibbs white as it represents good profit.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 3 3 / 4 2 3 1 has to be the way forward

With what manager and what players is to be confirmed but Mgw should be part of it

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I seem to remember that Morgan requested the loan because Bruno could not guarantee that he would be a regular starter, which probably seemed to be the the correct decision by both of them at the time. I might have remembered that wrong though.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When have you ever known scott sellars to make a correct decision? He was bragging about using the pedro goncalves money to buy a football field. Now he is worth 50 million.
Sellars is a yes man and tows the party line. They will sell gibbs white as it represents good profit.
Transfermkt values him at about 31m euros, but I take your point he is worth a fair old wad now. However;

"What he has done is gone out and made it happen for himself because Wolves did not really want him to go but he felt he was not going to get an opportunity to play under Nuno." Source; Sky Sports News, 15 Feb 2022

So maybe Sellars not 100% to blame here?

And of those of us who actually turned up to watch Goncalves play - I saw most of his matches - the ones I talked to during the matches (about a couple of dozen, including some very knowledgeable pundits) all agreed that, yes, he looked comfortable on the ball, and no, he wasn't going to be good enough to play for our first team.

Just goes to show that nobody is right all the time!

fleck1

Reaction score
Its amazing how good players become when not part of the side or out of the. I hope he comes back and lights it up here and this was his break through he needed. But he's been around the Wolves side 4 or 5 years now and apart from a half against Chelsea and spurs hadn't really done anything to excite us, still young but I can see why they'd be tempted to cash in if they feel he's found his level. Same with Giles they aren't 18/19 anymore, both 22 its now or never for them at Wolves.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its amazing how good players become when not part of the side or out of the. I hope he comes back and lights it up here and this was his break through he needed. But he's been around the Wolves side 4 or 5 years now and apart from a half against Chelsea and spurs hadn't really done anything to excite us, still young but I can see why they'd be tempted to cash in if they feel he's found his level. Same with Giles they aren't 18/19 anymore, both 22 its now or never for them at Wolves.
I think it's never for Ryan - to me he seems to have found his (tier 2) level.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I've decided...We are being run by clowns .

Indeed…Fosun bought a struggling championship team and within five years led them to their longest stay in the premier league with three top ten finishes.

Total clowns achieved what others had failed at for 50 years.

Some commentators appear to have no appreciation that the most significant differentiator is the total revenue of the club and its sustainability . The big six with more than double the available revenue and expenditure can still maintain their position even if run by clowns.if you are Everton ( or wolves ) clowns can create a disaster by spending funds poorly form sources that are not sustainable. Everton May escape this time but the effort to get to the top can easily capsize any club outside the big six whose ambition exceeds their sustainable revenue.

When I read these threads I am amazed at how some posters think it is easy to break into the big six ( as only city and Chelsea have managed in 50 years with massive cash injections that are now banned by FFP). That’s what Jeff meant when he said he would not gamble the long term future of the club in the short term in a forlorn attempt to finish in the top four.

Disappointing it is that there is no magic wand .

meanwhile as the original question bringing MGW a into the first team squad seems agood plan

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tempted to sell? Sort it out please sellars and shi. This lad needs to be part of our first team squad next season. Others need selling and releasing before him. To let him go now would be a joke.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Tempted to sell? Sort it out please sellars and shi. This lad needs to be part of our first team squad next season. Others need selling and releasing before him. To let him go now would be a joke.
He wanted to go on loan and didn’t want to come back in January when given the option, whilst I’d love to see him here and in the squad, if he doesn’t want to and you can’t blame him, we may as well sell him.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
To be fair, I seem to remember that Morgan requested the loan because Bruno could not guarantee that he would be a regular starter, which probably seemed to be the the correct decision by both of them at the time. I might have remembered that wrong though.
I believe that's true , said he'd have to fight with Hwang/Trincao/Podence etc etc fir s place , he probably thought he'd be behind them all, the way the above have played he may very well have got a few games who knows

Back
Top Bottom