Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle verdict

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gone to the Bodega to drown my sorrows. Least it’s only a metro ride home for me, feel for anyone stuck on a coach for four hours.

We were sat in our own half for the entirety of the first half, I still don’t understand why. The odd long ball was never going to beat the height of Dan Burn, and we badly missed Neves. I thought Silva played well in the circs but he should have got that header on target.

Second half felt like a reversal yet we never carved open a clear cut chance until the death.

Haven’t seen a replay of the pen but from the International Space Station view of level 7 it looked like a pen.

I think 0-0 would have been a fair result, neither side looked like scoring from open play, but I’m struggling to begrudge Newcastle the points given how negative we were for huge swathes of the match.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Saudis better have paid us well for that, disgraceful lack of desire.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What tight spaces did Trincão play in? He was absolutely hopeless. Also going under the radar is how dismal his pass was in the lead up to their goal.

I was saying in general, not today. Today he was very poor. But I still believe he's a better football player than Hwang, who looks very amateurish to me.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should just let Trincao go back now. There is just no point in him being around ( as witnessed tonight).

Sell Traore to anyone offering £20M+

You just have to hope there will be some money to spend and that they already have people lined up (lol).
Needs a good pre season with all incoming arriving early.
And now Bruno is talking nonsense.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Absolutely apoorling we've been left in a position with 2 CM's with no cover whatsoever, how anyone didnt see that coming I dont know.

As for the performance, £14m wasted on Hwang, Trincao mays well get on the plane to Barca tonight. What woeful football players

Silva was class, shame he's going to be dropped to the bench next week
You could say it was a pall performance all round.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Sa is on his line then Wood doesn't try to knock it past him, he hits it. Sa flying off his line changes everything
Sa has the right to challenge and put the striker under pressure; he does this and Wood messes it up but realises he can retrieve his error by dragging his foot over Sa to make it look like a foul

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree . It’s cheating

I don’t like it, but it’s part of the game. Last week, it was the striker who ran into Sa and knocked him over giving Sa no chance to adjust, yet somehow won a penalty. Today, the striker knew what he was doing, but Sa took him out. The striker knew contact was going to happen, he even started to prepare for the fall before contact, but Sa had no chance of getting the ball today and yet did nothing to try and pull out. Had he at least tried to avoid contact, he would have given VAR a decision to make.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing showing. Far too timid in the first half just like last season at our worst, but dominated the second half for possession, just did very little with it. Sa needs to learn because that’s too often he rushes out like a headless chicken. Wood had already kicked it off the pitch when he gave him the opportunity to drag his feet into Sa’s leg. He never looks like saving one either. Good to see Campbell get an outing and Cundle got better as the game went on. My wish for this year was no relegation fears so can’t complain at where we are. I hate losing on Fridays though.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alright how does he bring anyone into play when no around him is making forward runs

What a cringe agenda to have against a 19 year old
Really? If you're happy with it then fine, you should be happy how we'll bounce around between 8th - 11th. As I've said which you're choosing to ignore for your agenda is how silva is a lovely footballer and more suited to a deeper role, that's all! He's not a 'striker'

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned we didn’t have a single touch in their box in the first half
Joa is 35 and Cundle is learning his trade.We needed Saiss to bolster the midfield in order to compete.We clearly didn’t .

CologneWolf

Reaction score
The font three not only find it difficult to score but show littke ability to hold up play .
Newcastle are poor . But if you let them keep coming at you a goal,is likely.
At least Bruno appears a quick learner , we won’t see that three line up again. I hope
I’m sure we started west ham with that 3 up top.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never said that ?? I turned off the moment the whistle went !!
I’m afraid he did say that “ we controlled the game in first half”
Must have got confused with his translation

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After ten minutes I knew it was going to be one of “those” performances that we need to eradicate. Totally played into Newcastle’s hands by allowing them to dictate the play and get the home crowd behind them. I don’t think it’s a bottle thing, we just need to bring in some new players to inject some pace, dynamism and physicality into the side. Our midfield and forward line is so lightweight and small without Neves and Jiminez.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't realise we had so much possession (60%), as we did so little with it, other than pass sideways, backwards, to a Newcastle player or out of play...

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly awful performance from a team that is struggling for consistency. Hwang and Trincao were lost and had no clue, silva was chasing shadows most the game but had little service. Midfield over run (not cundles fault but why we are playing him in a two really makes you wonder why we didn't invest in jan) i cant remember how many times we gave the ball away, it actually led to newcastles goal and disallowed goal too. Poor from Lage too no subs until it was too late. Got what we deserved but so frustrating again

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely appalling we've been left in a position with 2 CM's with no cover whatsoever, how anyone didnt see that coming I dont know.

As for the performance, £14m wasted on Hwang, Trincao mays well get on the plane to Barca tonight. What woeful football players

Silva was class, shame he's going to be dropped to the bench next week
" Silva was class"
...he can't bloody header a ball ?!!!!!!!!!!!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our 'next' group of players are so far behind the others in terms of effectiveness its the reason we cant sustain a real push. Having to replace players like neto and raul with hwang/trincao and Fabio is like completing half a race on a horse then jumping on a donkey

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After ten minutes I knew it was going to be one of “those” performances that we need to eradicate. Totally played into Newcastle’s hands by allowing them to dictate the play and get the home crowd behind them. I don’t think it’s a bottle thing, we just need to bring in some new players to inject some pace, dynamism and physicality into the side. Our midfield and forward line is so lightweight and small without Neves and Jiminez.
We all knew it too. Shame it took 75 mins for Bruno to realise

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that why we are
Bruno is nowhere near a quick learner. He keeps making the same nonsense mistakes time and time again.
We are 8th . He was asked to play with Cundle, Trincao and Silva .All kids . A midfield of guys who are all short . Marcal Moutinho Jonny and Cundle . He needs more physical options .

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor management, terrible front three performance tonight.
Terrible MIDFIELD PERFORMANCE tonight. The front three need service, they did not get it at all.
It’s not the fault of the front three, we need a midfield that can break up play, control the ball, and pass it forwards for the front three to work with. We do not have that and it is far worse when Neves is out of the side.

Back
Top Bottom