Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa Verdict

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daughters not talking to me, after upsetting her vile supporting husband by letting him know how **** they are. Mrs now giving me the silence treatment too, happy days.

Thought we were great today, should have been out of sight by half time, but wouldn't be wolves without a cagey last few minutes.

Special mention to Mout's, Dendonker, Fabio, and viles defence for being in a different timezone to the rest of us

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see that coming after a) seeing the teamsheets and b) the first 5 minutes

For me Silva's best game by a mile - Trincao continues to look hopeless - Sa made a couple of odd decisions, and got lucky a few times but absolutely no way on earth was that a penalty - completely baffling. Overall as a team, without key players, that's possibly the best I've seen this season as a unit.

Someone needs to give Podence a couple of shredded wheat - his constantly feigning injury antics are getting on my tits a bit. How many times did he look at that tissue desperate to see an atom of blood ? Man up ffs.

Absolutely no reason not to get at least 7th - West Ham have a tougher run in and it's a 2 horse race.

Cannot agree with your Trincao comment at all.

Podence is playing the way Bruno wants us to play.He had another good game but I do agree with his theatricals.

Fabio had a good game ,would have bin a great game if he had scored from that effort he had.A bloody good save though.

Jonny...What a player we have there,after 2 serious injuries,becomes back and plays like he's never bin away.Awesome.

And villa fans have got to be the worst set of fans I've ever sin at wolves.They were bloody awful.

fleck1

Reaction score
Donck was excellent today other than that total screw up when he was put through. Not enough there creatively but we know that. Defensively crucial though.
Sat in the middle of the park and played the deeper of the two, as he does for Belgium and looked a far better player. Was everywhere today, being a general nuisance and breaking up play, their three in the middle had no answer for Donk and Moutinho today.

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
Hwang should have killed the game off regardless. That's his role at the club. Come on and add some vital goals, hold things up, not shoot a clear chance past the post and lose the ball all the while. He looks another Cutrone so far.

Moutinho and Silva the standouts today, though none of the starting XI had a bad match.
You don't rate have m then?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant really moan at any of them today, all very solid performances. Silva, Podence, Kilman, Moutinho, Jonny the standouts for me closely folllowed by the rest. Not a Donk fan but he was very decent today (ignoring the panicky thrashed shot wide that he really should have scored).

We really need to be scoring these very good chances we are creating, Trincao I am beginning to like more and more, very skilful, I don't think he is lightweight and is starting to settle and works hard. Marcal was ok but damn he gets caught in and concedes possession a lot.
Back three CH looked balanced, Boly was improved today though I did worry how many times we put ourselves under pressure trying to play from the back.

Please get Moutinho to sign another year extension!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Consistently lost possession leading to Villa breaks - if you didn't see one of them you must have seen the other dozen ?

No more than Podence or Marcal. I did also see him running through midfield and turning Digne inside out so much that he looked relieved to be subbed. I was sceptical but he's turning it round for me.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree.....I've wanted us to get rid off adama and get guedes the last 2 summer windows....

I got diverted via Walsall because of that crap, think I deserve compensation for that alone.
More time to drink our cans back to New St. What did the Vile lot do to mess up the whole Midlands trains!!!?

Tbh yes I've noticed Guedes has been put out there. He looks quality, but so does Trincao?!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine being a Villa fan and watching your extremely expensively assembled bunch of misfits play like they did today, and that was without an injury prone near 30 year old striker who will have taken around £45m out of their coffers when all is said and done

Then think of how our squad looks, with only a couple of players you'd say are past their peak and a whole bunch of players to get truly excited about

SOTV

(For years to come)

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More time to drink our cans back to New St. What did the Vile lot do to mess up the whole Midlands trains!!!?

Tbh yes I've noticed Guedes has been put out there. He looks quality, but so does Trincao?!
No clue I was on (still am actually) the 18:45 but the conductor said to someone near me it was Wolves fans which doesn't make much sense.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why didnt Coutinho play today, was that an imposter?
It wasnt the player that the Villa fan have been jizzing their pants over surely?
33m for that and hes willing to drop his wages 25% to 300k per week - I do hope they buy!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No clue I was on (still am actually) the 18:45 but the conductor said to someone near me it was Wolves fans which doesn't make much sense.
There was some scrapping outside the ground, sad to say it seemed mainly Wolves fans, one bloke (not young maybe55) punching a Villa fan who actually turned out to be a Wolves fan. There are some real ****wombles about.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too thought it was a pen. Sa, like Jimenez v Leeds gave the ref a decision to make. If a GK clatters a CF in the penalty area 9times out of 10 it will be a penalty. If Martinez had done than on Silva in the 85th minute we would all have been screaming for the penalty. The Mix is full of posters who think the whole world and his dog has an agenda against Wolves.
The thing is he doesnt clatter him, hes standing still, Watson toe pokes the ball (going out) then runs into the stationary Sa. Never a penalty for me.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8 - Superb as ever. Incredible angles for both of Watkins' 1 on 1 chances. Great save from Bailey too in first half. Class act.

Boly 7.5 - Looked back to his best at times. Sharper passes into feet, read the game brilliantly.

Coady 7 - Captain fantastic did what he needed to do

Kilman 8 - An excellent performance, it's a joy to watch him bring the ball out at times.

Jonny 8.5 One of my all time favourite Wolves players in the 30 years I've been going. The Spanish Dennis Irwin. Composed, intelligent - he could 100% play as a CDM in a 4231 and fit the role perfectly.

Marcal 6.5 A few important headers and decent positioning, however his passing is atrocious, especially in our own half. As soon as he does that fake and drag back, you can see that he's going to put us under pressure or do his best to deflect a ball off the opposition to win a thrown in.

Dendoncker 9 Arguably his greatest performance in a Wolves shirt. His most valuable for me, since he filled in for Boly in the back 3. A tremendous game.

Moutinho 10 MOTM God-Level. Imperious. The greatest.

Podence 7.5 Caused the right amount of hassle during the time he was on. Hope the injury is minor.

Trincao 7 Moments of brilliance but my God he's infuriating. He needs to be 0.5 seconds sharper and quicker when he receives the ball centrally and his game will rapidly improve.

Silva 9 His greatest performance for Wolves. Looked like an astute 25 year old Prem striker. Ecstatic for him.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clatters?
:rolleyes:
You can get a good idea of the "clattering" here, around 5.48
Looks like he clattered him from that angle? Whether he did or didn't don't give the referee the opportunity to make a decision. As I said earlier if that had been their keeper on Silva we would all have cried penalty. Wolves fans are looking at it through old gold coloured glasses.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Looks like he clattered him from that angle? Whether he did or didn't don't give the referee the opportunity to make a decision. As I said earlier if that had been their keeper on Silva we would all have cried penalty. Wolves fans are looking at it through old gold coloured glasses.
This is a better view of it and clearly shows there was absolutely no clattering to be seen (apart from Watkins clattering into Sa).

Honestly, if that had been Martinez on Silva I wouldn't have expected a penalty but maybe a foul the other way, but I'd have been delighted for the referee to lose his mind and give us one anyway.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve took a few screen shot after watching the video replay over and over again. Sa comes to collect the ball, Watkins goes for the ball misses it and clatters Sa, how the hell is that a penalty to them??

Attachments

• BEF0EC40-6616-4FE6-89E2-72C1EED168AF.jpeg
    BEF0EC40-6616-4FE6-89E2-72C1EED168AF.jpeg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 58

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Can't remember our players reacting to a win as pumped up as this at Molineux for a long time. Maybe it was a reaction to the Leeds defeat and an understanding that they did it without two of our most important players.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't remember our players reacting to a win as pumped up as this at Molineux for a long time. Maybe it was a reaction to the Leeds defeat and an understanding that they did it without two of our most important players.

Yeah very clear delight at the end today, even Bruno was giving it plenty of fist pumps.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can moan about the penalty all you want but none of our players argued about it. The referee certainly lost control of the game towards the end but nobody on the pitch questioned the pen longer than two seconds of the automatic reaction that comes with conceding one.

Well deserved victory. Dendoncker, Moutinho were great. Pleased Fabio played well. Nobody had a bad game tbh. Comfortable until the last 10 mins. Well done boys.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too thought it was a pen. Sa, like Jimenez v Leeds gave the ref a decision to make. If a GK clatters a CF in the penalty area 9times out of 10 it will be a penalty. If Martinez had done than on Silva in the 85th minute we would all have been screaming for the penalty. The Mix is full of posters who think the whole world and his dog has an agenda against Wolves.
Have to disagree NNW.

Our GK did not clatter their CF in the area. It was the other way round! Sa came out to catch the ball around waist high. Watkins just clattered into him when the ball had gone.

As a Mixer, I don’t think the whole world and his dog has a agenda against Wolves. I just think that the God awful Premier League referees and VAR officials have.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go and track the decisions since Var was introduced, and the general refereeing patterns.

Wolves are the club that gets the most marginal calls against them, BY FAR. . We are a threat to the Cartel, simple as.

Only fools could think otherwise.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's a pen for me. If a player is through 1 on 1 and just knocks the ball past the keeper first, then goes over the keeper, it's always a pen. Not sure how this is much different really?

It's not mattered in the end though thankfully!
Not one like, think that tells you a lot. It wasn’t a penalty. I thought it was ludicrous in the ground, having see it again I know it’s ludicrous. One of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen in football, and im not over exaggerating

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go and track the decisions since Var was introduced, and the general refereeing patterns.

Wolves are the club that gets the most marginal calls against them, BY FAR. . We are a threat to the Cartel, simple as.

Only fools could think otherwise.
Please do go and do this rather than state it as fact! And make sure you get fans of all clubs to do the same.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
What should Sa do? Looks to me like he goes to get the ball and is wiped out by Watkins lunge.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OlliexWatkins! Chasing after balls he shouldn’t like Michael Branch. Absolute ****. Villa deserved **** all from that bit of disrespect. After the ****ing moan oh bc they did about Leeds! Two faced ****s

I hope the Wolves supporter who got set on by 5 Villa ****ers on his own is ok, one punched him by Asda, he stood up and sang mind the gap to them. Class mate. They were picking on people who weren’t out for fights. Not often I’ll say this but I hope those 5 get seriously hurt, like the Watford milkman

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I really don’t understand comments like this regarding watching things ‘through old gold coloured glasses’. Of course we do we are Wolves fans and how else can you view things? it still wasn’t a penalty!

Back
Top Bottom