Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa Verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin Friend. Darren England. Emi Buendia. Danny Ings. Your boys took one hell of a beating. Villa rival Everton for worst purchases in the PL. ****ing brilliant to see it out
Does anyone else get the impression the powers that be are trying to stop us getting into Europe? Two inexplicably awful decisions in two successive games. Did VAR even bother to look at this one? It just seemed to be casually accepted by the guys upstairs that it was a foul.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with a win that I didn't expect, even though I missed the first half through bad timekeeping. Hanging on a bit in the second half, but Villa didn't look like scoring until the peno which was soft but probably correct. Made for a nervy finish. but the good guys held on.
Not the first time that Sa has rushed out and collided with an opposition player this season. Needs to curb this aspect of his game as it is costing us, even if some fans don't see it that way.
Double over Villa woohoo!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone else get the impression they're trying to stop us getting into Europe? Two truly awful decisions in two successive games. Did VAR even bother to look at this one?
Yes, VAR looks at all peno decisions.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would of been a comfortable unstressful win if it hadn't been for the referee.
Unbelievable but yet believable
Hwang should have killed the game off regardless. That's his role at the club. Come on and add some vital goals, hold things up, not shoot a clear chance past the post and lose the ball all the while. He looks another Cutrone so far.

Moutinho and Silva the standouts today, though none of the starting XI had a bad match.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone else get the impression the powers that be are trying to stop us getting into Europe? Two inexplicably awful decisions in two successive games. Did VAR even bother to look at this one? It just seemed to be casually accepted by the guys upstairs that it was a foul.

Lee Mason was on VAR duty, it was never being overturned

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Obvs the foot can move faster than the hand, to penalise Sa for that is a disgrace.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange game i thought
Played some lovely stuff at times, and played ourselves into trouble at others
Should have scored 6 could have conceded 4
Had to play the ref as well in the second half,and quite how he gave that penalty i really dont understand
Take the 3 points and rue that Leeds game even more,we could have been 5th at least for tonight lol

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Comfortably the better side with only a very dubious penalty award making those last 10 minutes nervier than they had any right to be.

Thought we looked really good going forward with some great interplay between Fabio, Podence and Trincao.

Fabio looked every inch a £35m striker in the making. Had Mings on toast and has everything you would want in a striker. Give 3-4 years and he will be frighteningly good.

Thought Dendoncker and Moutinho were both excellent and great to see Jonny putting in the type of performance he was on a consistent basis before his injury.

Sa 7
Boly 7
Coady 7
Kilman 7
Jonny 8
Dendoncker 8
Moutinho 8
Marcal 7
Trincao 7
Fabio 9
Podence 7

Hwang 6
Neto 6
Chiquinho 6

Lovely to beat the Villa, who were extremely average, twice. Means we won’t finish any lower than 9th.

Let’s try and get 7th! Come on me babbies.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we could just put finish a bit better we would easily be champions league place. Outside of the fa trying to **** us over all the time we are in a great position to kick on in the summer. Do I trust fosun??? I’m going to be optimistic and say this summer yes.

In Bruno we trust!!

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just for balance, who are/is the referee(s) who is/are biased towards Wolves?

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Verdict: Ref 0

Joke decision, is Sa not even allowed to try and come to collect the ball??

Apparently not. Baffling yet again.
On the upside we did the mighty vile again despite them having 12.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Didn't see that coming after a) seeing the teamsheets and b) the first 5 minutes

For me Silva's best game by a mile - Trincao continues to look hopeless - Sa made a couple of odd decisions, and got lucky a few times but absolutely no way on earth was that a penalty - completely baffling. Overall as a team, without key players, that's possibly the best I've seen this season as a unit.

Someone needs to give Podence a couple of shredded wheat - his constantly feigning injury antics are getting on my tits a bit. How many times did he look at that tissue desperate to see an atom of blood ? Man up ffs.

Absolutely no reason not to get at least 7th - West Ham have a tougher run in and it's a 2 horse race.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see that coming after a) seeing the teamsheets and b) the first 5 minutes

For me Silva's best game by a mile - Trincao continues to look hopeless - Sa made a couple of odd decisions, and got lucky a few times but absolutely no way on earth was that a penalty - completely baffling. Overall as a team, without key players, that's possibly the best I've seen this season as a unit.

Someone needs to give Podence a couple of shredded wheat - his constantly feigning injury antics are getting on my tits a bit. How many times did he look at that tissue desperate to see an atom of blood ? Man up ffs.

Absolutely no reason not to get at least 7th - West Ham have a tougher run in and it's a 2 horse race.
What game did you watch?! Trincao was far from hopeless!!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comfortably the better side with only a very dubious penalty award making those last 10 minutes nervier than they had any right to be.

Thought we looked really good going forward with some great interplay between Fabio, Podence and Trincao.

Fabio looked every inch a £35m striker in the making. Had Mings on toast and has everything you would want in a striker. Give 3-4 years and he will be frighteningly good.

Thought Dendoncker and Moutinho were both excellent and great to see Jonny putting in the type of performance he was on a consistent basis before his injury.

Sa 7
Boly 7
Coady 7
Kilman 7
Jonny 8
Dendoncker 8
Moutinho 8
Marcal 7
Trincao 7
Fabio 9
Podence 7

Hwang 6
Neto 6
Chiquinho 6

Lovely to beat the Villa, who were extremely average, twice. Means we won’t finish any lower than 9th.

Let’s try and get 7th! Come on me babbies.
Fabio MotM? Didn't see the first half, so not arguing with you, but second half, he didn't impress so really surprised.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very good performance should have been 4/5 in the first half and with our best player missing.

Not to bad against a team that " have a stronger squad than wolves and possibly west ham" ( a quote from villa talk not so long a go).

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just for balance, who are/is the referee(s) who is/are biased towards Wolves?
I always feel Martin Atkinson gives us a lot. Mike Dean will give us a lot if we are the bigger team but if we are the underdogs or its more of a story involving him not to....then we have no chance!

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have been well out of sight. Referee completely ruined the 2nd half and desperate to give them anything.

Fabio did well, unlucky not to have a goal.

Just wish more players had the killer instinct. Taking touches instead of hitting it first time and losing the chance.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England invented football.
But forgot to invent referees.
So they bought them from the flea market.
They were still robbed.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to learn. We have to learn that we are good enough to control a game against pretty much anyone but the top 4 at present. We have to learn to put the game beyond all doubt. We have to learn to take our chances. We have to learn that referee's aren't going to give us anything and will usually rule against us. So, we have to learn to control the controllables and ignore everything else.

So, we created lots of chances and should have been high and dry before half time against an inept Villa team. If we truly want to be top 6, we have to learn to squash teams like Villa who were clueless other than one game plan. All they did was hope to get it up front and have Watkins create something. We used to play like that in the Bully days.

Excellent performances all around but particular credit to Marcal & Dendoncker who had their best games in a long time. Mouts ran the midfield and calmed us down and Silva very much looked the part. At the back, we were as solid as usual and having two tall men there to win the headers does make us better. Boly still wants to overplay but he is just so comfortable on the ball we have to understand the reason why. And then we get to Sa... absolutely brilliant.

As for Villa, sure they can knock it around but they are a one trick pony. Good job they had the ref on their side otherwise that would have been a 2-0 thrashing.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re: your first sentence. Not even remotely.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Not good for my heart at 2-1.

Considering Neves and Raul were out and we had a few players fatigued from international duty, thought we were in control.
Thought most of our players played well especially Boly and Mouts. Fabio looks strong and with a run a games I think he will grow into a good player.

Trinacao continually frustrates. Too many times he lost possession which led to Villa breaking on us. Looks like a player knowing he won't be here next season. Shame as he has talent but far too lightweight for PL.

Nice week end ahead with 3 points.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to learn. We have to learn that we are good enough to control a game against pretty much anyone but the top 4 at present. We have to learn to put the game beyond all doubt. We have to learn to take our chances. We have to learn that referee's aren't going to give us anything and will usually rule against us. So, we have to learn to control the controllables and ignore everything else.

So, we created lots of chances and should have been high and dry before half time against an inept Villa team. If we truly want to be top 6, we have to learn to squash teams like Villa who were clueless other than one game plan. All they did was hope to get it up front and have Watkins create something. We used to play like that in the Bully days.

Excellent performances all around but particular credit to Marcal & Dendoncker who had their best games in a long time. Mouts ran the midfield and calmed us down and Silva very much looked the part. At the back, we were as solid as usual and having two tall men there to win the headers does make us better. Boly still wants to overplay but he is just so comfortable on the ball we have to understand the reason why. And then we get to Sa... absolutely brilliant.

As for Villa, sure they can knock it around but they are a one trick pony. Good job they had the ref on their side otherwise that would have been a 2-0 thrashing.
I know it's slightly controversial, but I don't think Marcal has ever let us down. Yes, he doesn't have the flair of RAN when he attacks, but he's better defensively and has the football nous that hopefully RAN will learn. A short-term buy that has paid off for us imo.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna put my hand up and say I did NOT expect us to win today without Jimenez and Neves but wow, we were so good for most of this match. Still need to learn how to see out wins that doesn't result in such a stressful last 10mins though.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My post re referees on another site earlier today:

Football has a major problem in that it is run by idiots with no common sense or the ability to think things through. I hope the proposed regulator is introduced and works as it should do. Time to sort the game out methinks!

Back
Top Bottom