Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa Verdict

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's slightly controversial, but I don't think Marcal has ever let us down. Yes, he doesn't have the flair of RAN when he attacks, but he's better defensively and has the football nous that hopefully RAN will learn. A short-term buy that has paid off for us imo.
I agree with you. I've never understood the amount of stick he gets.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A masterclass from mortinho in midfield. Silva worked his socks off in a top rate performance only spoiled by a referee who gave a penalty when the Villa player lunged after the ball and collided with Sa and the VAR official didn't correct what was a clear and obvious error. The ref wasn't able to control the match and as a result decided to yellow card anybody in his eyeline. Watson got in-between jonny and boly a couple of times but Sa closed him each time, half chances was all Villa were able to create though and with Mortinho running the show and the other players responding we never looked like anything but winners.
Sa 8
Boly 7
Coady 7
kilman 7

Jonny 7
Mortinho 9

Donk 7
Marcal 6
Trincao 6
Silva 8
Podence 7

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know it's slightly controversial, but I don't think Marcal has ever let us down. Yes, he doesn't have the flair of RAN when he attacks, but he's better defensively and has the football nous that hopefully RAN will learn. A short-term buy that has paid off for us imo.
the only place saying that is controversial is on here

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If everyone is fit and available that back three has to start the remaining games so much more balanced with Boly on the right and Kilman on the left... Maybe a little harsh on Saiss but he hasn't been at his best lately!
To be fair Kilman was covered so much better than Saiss has been
Marcal was superb today so much better than RAN defensively,even looked decent going forward today

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played REALLY well and attacked with the flair and pace we have shown in patches this season. Trincao and Podence had good games, Fabio was OUTSTANDING with his work rate, hold up play and hulk-like strength!

Donk had his best game of the season as did Marcal.

For me, that’s the centre defence to go with for the rest of the season. It will get better when Kilman gets used to the left hand side again.

Seriously impressed that we managed to outplay Villa for the whole game without our best player.

Special note for Villa’s best player; hopefully Darren England and VAR Lee Mason get asked exactly how that was a penalty and why it didn’t get overturned on replay. Both a pair of spineless, cheating ****ers.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great moments of attacking play and some good link ups. We get glimpses of what will be next year…..more quality goals.
Yes we could have had another one, maybe even two but what’s most important is we’re making and creating more chances.
Last season we could barely get over the halfway line.

That said but we have to protect the lead in the last few minutes. We always seem to lose possession and give away fouls or corners. It’s always a nail biter to the end. If Bruno can’t fix that, I sometimes wish he’d buzz off……sometimes.
( I’m not usually negative about Wolves but those last few minutes today reminded me of the Leeds finish).

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to Dendoncker, I'm not a fan of his but he was very good today. Not so negative and did exactly what was needed. Hopefully Donk continues in this way

I generally think he plays pretty well with Moutinho in a two. Not sure why that is compared as to with Neves.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fully deserved 3 points that!

What a finish by Jonny; marvellous cross for the OG; Sa a GOD between the sticks once again; Boly back to his commanding best and a young Fabio running his legs off, interlinked with some monsterous hold-up play.

And we managed it despte no Raul or Ruben and the CORRUPT cartel of PGMOL officials. The sooner an Independent Public Enquiry into the Standards of Refereeing in Football, the better.

Smashing win and roll on Friday!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good win all told but not sure it was as good a performance as some seem to think. Despite creating some good openings on the break we still only won thanks to a freak own goal. That said, the penalty was a joke as well and the refs have certainly tried to stitch us up the last two outings.

Not really any poor performances today though and Silva the pick for me, he looked like he wanted it and hopefully he keeps his spot for a few games now and isn't just dropped for Jimenez.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, just to be clear:

If the ball is there to be won between a forward and a keeper, if you are the Wolves forward, you shouldn't go for it because if there is contact with the opposition keeper, you will be penalised. However, if you are the opposition forward, you should go for it, because if there is contact with the Wolves keeper, the keeper will be penalised. Even if the keeper is standing still and makes no movement towards the ball to instigate contact, unlike - for example - an opposition keeper rushing out of his goal area at full pelt.

Am I interpreting the rules correctly?

Gedwolf

Reaction score
Fabio looked every inch a £35m striker in the making. Had Mings on toast and has everything you would want in a striker. Give 3-4 years and he will be frighteningly good. .............
When Kane was Fabio's age , he was struggling on loan at Kenny Jackett's Millwall to make any impression

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang should have killed the game off regardless. That's his role at the club. Come on and add some vital goals, hold things up, not shoot a clear chance past the post and lose the ball all the while. He looks another Cutrone so far.

Moutinho and Silva the standouts today, though none of the starting XI had a bad match.
Spot on. We will come to regret the money we wasted on Hwang.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent first half but most of our chances came through mistakes from Villa players, second half we were not great and gave far to much of the ball to Villa who also did very little with it. On another day that could have been a bore draw. We got the job done though, 3 points.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a great performance from wolves and a well deserved 3 points.....marred only by another ref who is ...A.. blind B. thick C. corrupt

Raul collides with the keeper gets a yellow card. Watkins collides with the keeper gets A penalty.
The ref lost control.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with a win that I didn't expect, even though I missed the first half through bad timekeeping. Hanging on a bit in the second half, but Villa didn't look like scoring until the peno which was soft but probably correct. Made for a nervy finish. but the good guys held on.
Not the first time that Sa has rushed out and collided with an opposition player this season. Needs to curb this aspect of his game as it is costing us, even if some fans don't see it that way.
Double over Villa woohoo!

Sa didn't rush out. He's standing on the edge of his goal area! Literally, stood there, crouching waiting for the ball when Watkins barges in, toe pokes the ball out of play then collides with Sa. It's not a penalty, simple as that. We keep getting told "getting the ball means nothing " if you have gone in recklessly. It's Watkins who has hurled himself in.

And Sa must have prevented at least 10 one-on-one clear chances this season by his "rushing out". It's a risk well worth taking.

kinyo298

Reaction score
Well i was shocked to be honest, i did not expect a performance of attacking football like that. I predicted a 0v2 loss and my ass has been truly spanked.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, just to be clear:

If the ball is there to be won between a forward and a keeper, if you are the Wolves forward, you shouldn't go for it because if there is contact with the opposition keeper, you will be penalised. However, if you are the opposition forward, you should go for it, because if there is contact with the Wolves keeper, the keeper will be penalised. Even if the keeper is standing still and makes no movement towards the ball to instigate contact, unlike - for example - an opposition keeper rushing out of his goal area at full pelt.

Yes that is absolutely correct, and what they teach at referees school.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great Game from Silva, only thing missing was the goal. Some great touches and control and held the ball up well
A couple of good saves from SA, not much he could do to avoid any contact for Pen.
Trianco had a decent game
Great result, but should have put another couple of chances away

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, just to be clear:

Well said! Even though TBF, most pundits said the Raul sending off was wrong, one thing I heard several times was exactly that. That it was up to Raul to "pull out and avoid colliding with the keeper". Even though the leeds keeper was half a mile outside the penalty area. Yet the rules have changed in the two weeks since, apparently. Now, it is up to the goalkeeper to avoid any contact, even in his own goal area, presumably by running off the pitch?

For Liverpool or Man Utd, it's a free kick to the keeper or "play on", every single time.

Reaction score
I think it's a pen for me. If a player is through 1 on 1 and just knocks the ball past the keeper first, then goes over the keeper, it's always a pen. Not sure how this is much different really?

It's not mattered in the end though thankfully!

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
So, just to be clear:

Spot on

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, just to be clear:

Yes, I think you have summed it up. Oh... and it's always a penalty to Liverpool.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well apparently we can't score, jonny who has 2 in 6 doesn't get forward and Trincao who had Digne and Young on toast can't play football.

Surely our luck must end soon because for a team who is pushing Europe yet again we are allegedly awful and that's our own fans.

You don't know what you have got till it's gone as they say and this is easily the best Wolves side we have ever had.

Podence and Trincao are magic, frustrating but magic and there is ALOT ALOT more to come from Trincao and hopefully he has now adapted to the league and we will see the best from him, I didn't want him signed either but he is now a must sign and it's just a case of how much we can get out of the Traore deal in our favour. Puig would be ideal.

Some shaky moments as always but that's football.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So, just to be clear:

this x10000000000000000000000

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa talk ….”wolves are the new Burnley …dirty players blah blah blah “
“We were the better team “

What planet are tbey on?
Was only one team diving all over the place and not conceding any free kicks themselves

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa talk ….”wolves are the new Burnley …dirty players blah blah blah “
“We were the better team “
Worse losers going they absolutely hate losing to us they just can't admit we are a better team than them!

I mean we were missing both Neves and Jimenez as well as Semedo/Neto bot being anywhere near 100% fit...

Back
Top Bottom