Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa Verdict

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with a win that I didn't expect, even though I missed the first half through bad timekeeping. Hanging on a bit in the second half, but Villa didn't look like scoring until the peno which was soft but probably correct. Made for a nervy finish. but the good guys held on.
Not the first time that Sa has rushed out and collided with an opposition player this season. Needs to curb this aspect of his game as it is costing us, even if some fans don't see it that way.
Double over Villa woohoo!
The peno was not correct. It's an absolute ****ing joke. Up there with Raúl's sending off v Leeds

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The peno was not correct. It's an absolute ****ing joke. Up there with Raúl's sending off v Leeds
That's your opinion. My opinion is that it was a peno, albeit soft. Furthermore, Michael Owen also thought it a peno. He has no allegiance to either club, unlike you and I, so his opinion carries some weight imo.
Football is a game of opinions and we all see things differently.

meeee67

Reaction score
Delighted with a win that I didn't expect, even though I missed the first half through bad timekeeping. Hanging on a bit in the second half, but Villa didn't look like scoring until the peno which was soft but probably correct. Made for a nervy finish. but the good guys held on.
Not the first time that Sa has rushed out and collided with an opposition player this season. Needs to curb this aspect of his game as it is costing us, even if some fans don't see it that way.
Double over Villa woohoo!
Never a penalty.....

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's your opinion. My opinion is that it was a peno, albeit soft. Furthermore, Michael Owen also thought it a peno. He has no allegiance to either club, unlike you and I, so his opinion carries some weight imo.
Michael Owens opinion :D:D:D:D

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

To be fair, most of their fans come across as decent. One of them pointed out to something that I also noticed. We had a lot of space, and our players being so good technically, excel in such situations. On the other hand we were very aggressive and never gave them time when they were on the ball.

I have enjoyed this afternoon and to be fair - since the debacle vs Palace we have put in 4 good performances, if we forget about the 2nd half against Leeds. I dare to say our football has looked increasingly like in the first three games in the season. Credit to Bruno and the lads!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too thought it was a pen. Sa, like Jimenez v Leeds gave the ref a decision to make. If a GK clatters a CF in the penalty area 9times out of 10 it will be a penalty. If Martinez had done than on Silva in the 85th minute we would all have been screaming for the penalty. The Mix is full of posters who think the whole world and his dog has an agenda against Wolves.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Michael "Charisma" Owen says so ...

FFS, please rewatch and rethink. Michael Owen lol.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, most of their fans come across as decent. One of them pointed out to something that I also noticed. We had a lot of space, and our players being so good technically, excel in such situations. On the other hand we were very aggressive and never gave them time when they were on the ball.

I have enjoyed this afternoon and to be fair - since the debacle vs Palace we have put in 4 good performances, if we forget about the 2nd half against Leeds. I dare to say our football has looked increasingly like in the first three games in the season. Credit to Bruno and the lads!

Agreed. Reading their forum, a lot of Villa fans are complimentary about our performance today, while being critical of their own players.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too thought it was a pen. Sa, like Jimenez v Leeds gave the ref a decision to make. If a GK clatters a CF in the penalty area 9times out of 10 it will be a penalty. If Martinez had done than on Silva in the 85th minute we would all have been screaming for the penalty. The Mix is full of posters who think the whole world and his dog has an agenda against Wolves.
Clatters?
:rolleyes:
You can get a good idea of the "clattering" here, around 5.48

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's slightly controversial, but I don't think Marcal has ever let us down. Yes, he doesn't have the flair of RAN when he attacks, but he's better defensively and has the football nous that hopefully RAN will learn. A short-term buy that has paid off for us imo.
Marcals best skill is kicking a ball off an opponent to win a throw in. Now I've told you, you won't be able to unsee it!

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
Accordingly to a Villa fan on their foum, Wolves are the new Burnley. Horrible to watch, dirty and time wasters.

The onlyly thing he/she didn't mention was that Wolves have done the double over Aston Villa this season... :)
my god the words pot,kettle and black come to mind.this is the team that was gifted a goal by dirty leeds in their promotion season but would not reciprocate when Sheffield United had a goal clearly over the line not count because the goal line technology threw a seven!!! get out of that one Perry

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Marcals best skill is kicking a ball off an opponent to win a throw in. Now I've told you, you won't be able to unsee it!
Which is why he plays for Wolves and you don’t

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Hwang should have killed the game off regardless. That's his role at the club. Come on and add some vital goals, hold things up, not shoot a clear chance past the post and lose the ball all the while. He looks another Cutrone so far.

Moutinho and Silva the standouts today, though none of the starting XI had a bad match.
Harsh... I thought he put himself about and showed some good touches. Yes, he's missed a presentable chance, but show me a striker that doesn't do that.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he played really well to be fair but all about opinions.
Well he also has the pen view incorrect so wouldn't take his view on Donk too seriously to be honest

WV4 Wolves

Reaction score
Couldn't be happier tonight OK not our best performance... but as a lad at school in the 90s Villa we're always perceived as the team. Wolves were belittled. Well .....you can have your Steven Gerrard your Coutinho and whoever else you've massively over paid for. You can pretend it doesn't hurt but for 85 mins we schooled you and I'm not shy in saying that doing the double over villa feels fantastic...bring on the run in....MIND THE GAP..

Back
Top Bottom