Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Crystal Palace comms thread.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we really went out of our way to put in a performance after those last two games, huh

As always, can forgive a bad day at the office but the attitude absolutely stinks out there, sadly.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As my son said, the highlight of the game is the Japanese half time ads.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Messaged my mate after 5 minutes and said this is going to be a bad day at the office. It’s worse than that.

Sa, Jonny, Kilman, Coady, Saiss, Marcal, Moutinho, Neto, Hwang are absolutely anonymous.

I don’t know what Bruno is thinking, but if he thinks Marcal is a better option than RAN then he’s ****ed. Embarrassing selection.

Hwang isn’t even playing as the furthest forward attacking player, he’s out wide, so we’re lumping balls up to Podence?!??? Staggering.

Sorry Bruno, but you’re trying to be too smart with some real basic footballers here (at this level).
If it wasn't for Sa we would be 5 down

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if its garbage - if you can't see we need to spend NOW you're blind ! Scoring less than a goal a game and you can't see a problem ?
Spend money now? Me thinks you don't understand the game. The transfer window is closed. I'm quite certain we'll spend money in the Summer and appease you but for now we have 45 mins left in this game. Granted we're playing abysmally but the issue here is our front line isn't working. It isn't cohesive, it has no clue when or where to move and as a result, there is no outlet making it easy for Palace to get the ball. Our midfield of Neves and Mouts are constantly looking for a pass and there is very little on.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We started so slow and in comparison Palace looked like they want it more. Not enough desire and urgency from the team. What is our plan anyway? Wing backs to provide chances? Well Marcal and Hoever provide nothing. Jonny isn’t match fit and looks very rusty. As another poster said why do we always make Palace look like Barcelona? Raul should have started and we should have started with passion and a willingness to win. Dreadful 1st half

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All those expecting European football.…

Frankly, we’re ****ing ****e and don’t know what we’re doing.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im so glad I didn't spend £600 to go and watch that turgid boring ****e this season honestly. It's a miracle that we are where we are but if we continue to condone mediocre players purely because they are good role models or whatever then we will have to settle with mid table at best. And yes I'll still say this if we somehow manage to get something out of this and that includes anything less than a currently well deserved 4-0 loss

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is pretty much the same level of home performances we put in all last season under Nuno. The only difference is that a) we are supposedly trying to get into Europe and b) there are fans in the stands.

For a long time this season it looked like Lage had at least got some stability into the team after they had no defence for most of last season, but that seems to all fall apart once the first-choice wing backs are gone. The "attack" hasn't improved one jot.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever starting I get.
Marcal starting over RAN is a complete ****ing mystery to me.
One of the things that takes some pressure off us is our attacking wingers, now through a combination of injury and team selection, we have removed that meagre threat.

They press, we can only sit back. Neves to get booked second half as he runs round like a madman at least trying to get something going, is my prediction.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bore off. Support the team. We haven't played well. Still 45 mins to go before the end of the

Spend money now? Me thinks you don't understand the game. The transfer window is closed. I'm quite certain we'll spend money in the Summer and appease you but for now we have 45 mins left in this game. Granted we're playing abysmally but the issue here is our front line isn't working. It isn't cohesive, it has no clue when or where to move and as a result, there is no outlet making it easy for Palace to get the ball. Our midfield of Neves and Mouts are constantly looking for a pass and there is very little on.
They are putting it on us and we can't cope, the squad is short of those short of players, and has been for 3 seasons, the only positive is that's its only 2, get the next goal , who knows, but they don't look too bothered.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree mate, just find it funny that the person not being paid a lot of zeros per week can see the massive deficiencies in the team structure more than the person who is paid that much.

Yep. Still not sure exactly whether we are "overachieving" or underachieving"? Games like this, feels like there really isn't any huge difference between the quality of our players and other teams down to 15th/16th. We definitely have a few not up to top half Premier League level. I don't know who else we can bring in though? Overall, I still think the problem is in the squad, not *this* team that Bruno picked today. Will RaN terrorise Palace? Can Fabio be unleashed and get a second half hat trick? Tricky Trincao Turn it round? Stranger things have happened, just very very rarely.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Same again as in the first match. We are not as strong or fast as them physically. They seem to play with much more energy.
If we can't win this then at least don't lose any more goals. Sticking an extra man in midfield may be wise. Gallagher is running us ragged.
Desperately need a proper striker as a focal point.
Don't see us getting anything out of this. But stranger this have happened.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some credit to VieIra, Palace seem to have the energy and presence of 2 extra men.
Yep my thoughts too because of their energy and desire at times it seems like Palace have a few more on the pitch than us.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful first half all over the pitch,lucky its only 2 tbf
Not one player,ok except Sa,is playing anywhere near good enough,can only see it getting worse tbh

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
May as well go 4 at back and lose it 5-0 rather than stay as we are and lose it 3-0.

Trying to work out how we could do that given Neto will need to come off. Really want to get Ait-Nouri on but not sure how.

Sa
Jonny, Coady, Saiss, Marcal
Neto, Neves, Moutinho, Podence
Raul, Hwang

Then one of Trincao, Chiquinho or Fabio for Pedro?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva for Hwang, RAN for Marcal, and Donk for Kilman, going 433. As it stands we’ve lost so only radical attacking changes offers hope.

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Kilman’s performance is the most surprising he’s been absolutely woeful far from the only one but just surprising with how solid he’s been this season

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. It was that bad it was kind of funny.

We can still win this!! We just need Palace to give up and let us score three times.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Did I just read our midfield are looking for a pass? They are looking for a square ball, Joao early on had a ball to Hoever in loads of space and he just slid it to Kilman

Back
Top Bottom