Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever - Value for money?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was disappointed in Conor and any of the other senior players not going over to him after it happened. I remember that happening to Otasowie as well last year after that miss against Brighton.
Can’t see the point in that jwolfie. Hoever has to learn the hard way otherwise he’d have an arm round him every time he made a mistake.

Liverpools goal was scored in the last 60 seconds after an excellent defensive performance. He made 2 mistakes, not one, firstly giving the ball away when a simple, straightforward pass was there for him. Secondly he didn’t get back anywhere quick enough to stop Salah creating the goal.

Hoever is a defender and should know how to defend even at 19 years old. He should have gone over and apologised to Sa, Coady, Saiss and Kilman not the other way round!

As for Otasowie, at least we didn’t lose the game although that was also in the last 60 seconds. It’s certainly harder to take against Liverpool than it is Brighton!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Can’t see the point in that jwolfie. Hoever has to learn the hard way otherwise he’d have an arm round him every time he made a mistake.

Liverpools goal was scored in the last 60 seconds after an excellent defensive performance. He made 2 mistakes, not one, firstly giving the ball away when a simple, straightforward pass was there for him. Secondly he didn’t get back anywhere quick enough to stop Salah creating the goal.

Hoever is a defender and should know how to defend even at 19 years old. He should have gone over and apologised to Sa, Coady, Saiss and Kilman not the other way round!

As for Otasowie, at least we didn’t lose the game although that was also in the last 60 seconds. It’s certainly harder to take against Liverpool than it is Brighton!
I dunno just always told what an inspiring, vocal leader Coady is. Thought it would be right up his alley

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno just always told what an inspiring, vocal leader Coady is. Thought it would be right up his alley
Conor would no doubt have given Hoever a few verbals.

I doubt they were too inspiring!

I’m inspiring and vocal as well. You should have heard me in the Steve Bull upper tier along with my fellow supporters at 5.55pm on Saturday!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conor would no doubt have given Hoever a few verbals.

I doubt they were too inspiring!

I’m inspiring and vocal as well. You should have heard me in the Steve Bull upper tier along with my fellow supporters at 5.55pm on Saturday!
****ing hell, you were still in the ground an hour after the game had finished giving him verbals?!

Remind me not to **** you off in the future! :p

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell, you were still in the ground an hour after the game had finished giving him verbals?!

Remind me not to **** you off in the future! :p
Whoops!

Now edited to 5.50.

I was too upset to go home! :)

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hoever wasn’t to blame for the goal yesterday. Salah’s move with the ball could have have caught any defender off guard but however, Salah’s pass get by Saisse and Coady didn’t bloke the pass to stop Origi getting the ball.

There was enough blame to go around.

His mistake was losing the ball when he could of just passed to Raul...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every single player loses the ball at times…..even Pele.
Also, how many times did a Wolves player lose the ball in that game?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm going back to the title for this post.

Is KJH value for money? I understand why we have these threads about Hoever and Silva, but (sorry, the record is broken) none of us can really judge until near/at the end of their career with us.

Hoping that KJH has a decent career, learns like we all should from his mistakes, and kicks on from this.

(If not kicking on, maybe kicking Salah next time to stop him scoring)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if he had passed the ball to Raul who then made a mistake that led to a goal we would see different posts blaming Hoever.
There are two other aspects to what happened. It was not as if when Hoever lost the ball that the scousers lobbed it up quickly leading to the goal. Instead there was plenty of time for the team to have covered for this mistake. Secondly when you see the goal from behind Sa it went through a line of four players on its journey to the back of the net.
Yes Hoever lost the ball initially but that happens. It was a team error not just one player.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm going back to the title for this post.

Is KJH value for money? I understand why we have these threads about Hoever and Silva, but (sorry, the record is broken) none of us can really judge until near/at the end of their career with us.

Hoping that KJH has a decent career, learns like we all should from his mistakes, and kicks on from this.

(If not kicking on, maybe kicking Salah next time to stop him scoring)

This thread was created tongue in cheek.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And if he had passed the ball to Raul who then made a mistake that led to a goal we would see different posts blaming Hoever.
There are two other aspects to what happened. It was not as if when Hoever lost the ball that the scousers lobbed it up quickly leading to the goal. Instead there was plenty of time for the team to have covered for this mistake. Secondly when you see the goal from behind Sa it went through a line of four players on its journey to the back of the net.
Yes Hoever lost the ball initially but that happens. It was a team error not just one player.

I agree and if my grandmother had wheels she would be a bike.

My point was that after Hoever loses the ball he was no more culpable than Saiss I agree.

But Hoever should have passed to Jimenez and he knows it hence his apology.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Every single player loses the ball at times…..even Pele.
Also, how many times did a Wolves player lose the ball in that game?
In that position However had no right to lose the ball, he made a mistake and has held his hands up.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Check hoevers twitter from the cov game and then come back and tell me semedo has those passes in his locker.

Amazing what minutes do, which also gets the confidence high.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ffs did you even watch? Those 40 yard balls to feet rather than the slow methodical pass to kilman then to coady then to saiss then out to ran is so so predictable.
They are clips down the line, one decent one into Raul. You're acting like he is Xavi. You miss his abysmal crossing last year against Brighton? Also pretty easy to make yourself look brilliant in clips. Notice he didn't have any of the Spurs cup game..

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They are clips down the line, one decent one into Raul. You're acting like he is Xavi. You miss his abysmal crossing last year against Brighton? Also pretty easy to make yourself look brilliant in clips. Notice he didn't have any of the Spurs cup game..
You didnt watch obviously.
Xavi never passed the ball more than 10 yards.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was actually on about the quick switch of the play right to left 40 yard+ balls straight to feet. Which is what our system needs to succeed.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The boy has apologised! Apologised to people who have never played at the top level and don’t have a clue about what it takes….. yet on here, they have become his judge and jury.

Hats off to the lad, I hope he succeeds and becomes the great player his obvious talent suggests he will.
…… In spite of the boo boys who would rather criticise a young player rather than offer some encouragement and support!

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ffs did you even watch? Those 40 yard balls to feet rather than the slow methodical pass to kilman then to coady then to saiss then out to ran is so so predictable.

I hate when we have to pass to every member of the back 5 when it should be one ball fullback to fullback.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Feel very sorry for the lad. He was not playing on his natural side and I think he assumed Salah would want to bring the ball on to his left foot and got done down the line.

Full backs worth a lot more will be beaten by Salah this season.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An awful lot of ability, good change of speed, technically very good, but a player who desperately needs to go and play
in the Championship for minimum 3 months, probably a season.

Wolves would be better off using Adama as wingback backup, and allowing Hoever to develop properly on loan, just like MGW.

The jump to the Premier is just too much for most players, no matter how talented. Most of the players we have seen make the
breakthrough in the last 15 years in all teams have had periods out on loan before they made their breakthrough. There are exceptions, such as Neto and maybe even RAN, but they are the exceptions.

In recent years it is Chelsea who have had the most outstanding success at bringing young players into the top echelons of the Premier, and most if not all of them, have gone out and learnt their trade elsewhere. Thats the model to follow, not giving 19 year olds a few minutes against one of the world's best players and expect him to handle it.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a very good game in my opinion today.

Lots of fans quick to write him off for one mistake.

Looked solid and confident in the right wing back role. Didn’t miss Semedo.
Thought he had a good game too, just wish he could cross a ball, he gets into some great positions and then fails to clear the first man more often than not.
Definitely got bags of talent though.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a very good game in my opinion today.

Lots of fans quick to write him off for one mistake.

Looked solid and confident in the right wing back role. Didn’t miss Semedo.
This is the problem on here. The results dictate the review of players

He made 2 massive mistakes today that could have cost goals , yet people will say he was alright .

Last week he made an error and we lose and he gets slated .

He’s OK - but he’s nowhere near the quality required in the right wing back role. Don’t know how much we paid for him but hopefully no more than 2 million

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He made 2 massive mistakes today that could have cost goals , yet people will say he was alright .

He’s OK - but he’s nowhere near the quality required in the right wing back role. Don’t know how much we paid for him but hopefully no more than 2 million
Was more in the region of £10m wasn't it?...£9.8m maybe???

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He was ok, he ain't great on the ball but he was playing as a 5th CB today and did decent job. Leaves so many passes short, is miles behind Semedo. Think next season loan to championship would be good for him

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was ok, he ain't great on the ball but he was playing as a 5th CB today and did decent job. Leaves so many passes short, is miles behind Semedo. Think next season loan to championship would be good for him
I agree he's behind Semedo, by quite some distance but then Semedo has plenty of detractors too.

DJW

Reaction score
He was good today, he's a bit swift too.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't look 'right' to me when attacking, a bit like Sanderson.

I wonder if he might be better as a CB or conventional RB. His pace would be a huge asset

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Semedo has 0 assists 0 goals so he has nothing to compete againsy

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score

Bit harsh. Not started many games and did no better or worse than other players today who equally made mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom