Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever - Value for money?

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overpaid because he was at Liverpool. The money spent on him would have signed us an experienced player from a European league who would probably be featuring more.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overpaid because he was at Liverpool. The money spent on him would have signed us an experienced player from a European league who would probably be featuring more.
Who could you have got for 10 million?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He shows some promise but I think he is very raw and that shows, he is a pretty naive defender at times. I would definatly be happy to persevere with him though. For a 19 year old he doesn't look as far off it as say Silva does.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm another in the rate him category.
An awful lot of ability, good change of speed, technically very good, but a player who desperately needs to go and play
in the Championship for minimum 3 months, probably a season.

Wolves would be better off using Adama as wingback backup, and allowing Hoever to develop properly on loan, just like MGW.

The jump to the Premier is just too much for most players, no matter how talented. Most of the players we have seen make the
breakthrough in the last 15 years in all teams have had periods out on loan before they made their breakthrough. There are exceptions, such as Neto and maybe even RAN, but they are the exceptions.

In recent years it is Chelsea who have had the most outstanding success at bringing young players into the top echelons of the Premier, and most if not all of them, have gone out and learnt their trade elsewhere. Thats the model to follow, not giving 19 year olds a few minutes against one of the world's best players and expect him to handle it.

Not entirely in agreement...The loaning out part especially.He's in the squad to learn Brunoball like the rest are,he won't be playing that style at Birmingham,Sheffield etc.So I cannot see the point.Very rarely do chelsea's youngsters come back to their first team.They are mostly sold.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs games, so makes sense. Needs full season of playing regular football.
Absolutely needs to play... but would he play at Ajax? Seems like he'd just be back up there too... needs to play week in week out and lets see if he's really got it

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Loan to Ajax? Wow, seems unlikely he’d play for that to be worth it but a loan and bringing Bolla to be back up makes sense to me

That'll definitely be with an option to buy. I'm guessing the lad himself regrets moving here and he'll see that as a chance to re-boot his career. Not sure we'll get anywhere near our money back on him though.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That'll definitely be with an option to buy. I'm guessing the lad himself regrets moving here and he'll see that as a chance to re-boot his career. Not sure we'll get anywhere near our money back on him though.
If Bruno remains in charge as is likely, you get the feeling he's made his mind up on him... still think there's a player in there and a straight loan to the right club could be the making of him, but maybe we cut our losses if Ajax are prepared to do a good deal... wonder if Edson Alvarez is still on our radar and there's an exchange that could be done wit some cash... although I'm sure that ship has sailed as he's an important player for them now I believe

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Can't say I've been too impressed with him so far. We were flattered that he agreed to join us and paid over the odds. 5M would have been about right. But perhaps they would not have taken Jota if we didn’t take Hoever at the 10M

Reactions: Ian

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is something there , but he isn't a RWB or a centre back in the premier league.......move him on bring in another lwb for me......Jonny/semedo ...Rayan /new ......Maxwell Cornet or zaidu sanussi at porto

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi and Sellars currently in negotiations with Ajax. (Rumours from the pub)

Ajax have offered a straightforward €10m to buy with a 20% sell on clause or a season long loan with an obligation to buy at at the end for €14m.
Sellars using his recently acquired Barca negotiating nous, has counter offered a season long loan with no obligation to buy unless Ajax win the Champions League and Eredivisie double then the agreed obligation fee is €15.75m.
Jeff wanted to play rock/paper/scissors on Ajax’s offers.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely needs to go on loan. Will benefit from regular game time like MGW, will he get it at Ajax or be better off going to Championship?
Ajax option implies to me that he is off one way or another.
Lembikisa as the “young back up” with Jonny swapping between R and LB as required?

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
Shi and Sellars currently in negotiations with Ajax. (Rumours from the pub)

Ajax have offered a straightforward €10m to buy with a 20% sell on clause or a season long loan with an obligation to buy at at the end for €14m.
Sellars using his recently acquired Barca negotiating nous, has counter offered a season long loan with no obligation to buy unless Ajax win the Champions League and Eredivisie double then the agreed obligation fee is €15.75m.
Jeff wanted to play rock/paper/scissors on Ajax’s offers.
Re "Sellars using his recently acquired Barca negotiating nous,...." Did Sellars and Bernard Loonie (BP Chairman "we won't reduce our UK investment if you give us a windfall tax") go to the same negotiating school? If so, I'm thinking of coming out of retirement

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All in all what a ridiculous signing. Smacked of trying to sign someone just because they were from a ‘big club’ at the time, and that’s the way it’s played out. If we were desperate for a right back at the time, I could have understood it, but this was the summer we spent best part of 30m on Semedo.

Best we can hope is goes somewhere like Ajax and we end up by some miracle getting our money back.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All in all what a ridiculous signing. Smacked of trying to sign someone just because they were from a ‘big club’ at the time, and that’s the way it’s played out. If we were desperate for a right back at the time, I could have understood it, but this was the summer we spent best part of 30m on Semedo.

Best we can hope is goes somewhere like Ajax and we end up by some miracle getting our money back.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Didn’t seem ridiculous at the time at all

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ajax would be a great move if there’s something to ensure he’s playing regularly.

He’s got to find a position first but if he can have a decent spell it’s somewhere we should at least be able to get back what we paid.

mexy

Reaction score
10m wasted, not good enough, cant see anyone buying him though

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely needs to play... but would he play at Ajax? Seems like he'd just be back up there too... needs to play week in week out and lets see if he's really got it
Not beyond the realms of possibility…. their current right back Mazraoui is joining Bayern this summer and Jurrien Timber who can play centre back or right back is rumoured to be Man U bound. There might be others in the squad but I think they are the main two

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10m wasted, not good enough, cant see anyone buying him though
Of course someone would buy him should we look to sell. He has resale value based on his age and potential. Like silva he's created an issue for himself with us by his standard of performance, both have a mammoth task of trying to turn it around and be the players we hoped they'd progress into and would benefit more from starting again somewhere and managing their career moves better so the next move after that isn't a step too far at that point of their development which these ones have been.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Honestly if we loan him out, I hope it's to a team that uses him at CB. We've exclusively used him at RB...Liverpool had him play CB/RB equally. I don't really rate him but maybe we're just playing him out of position?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The summer of Hoever, Silva and Semedo will haunt me forever.

Wherever he ends up, hopefully he gets lots of game time and can eventually stake a claim.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly if we loan him out, I hope it's to a team that uses him at CB. We've exclusively used him at RB...Liverpool had him play CB/RB equally. I don't really rate him but maybe we're just playing him out of position?
He is 6 foot not 5 foot 10. He is tall enough to play cb.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The manager called him out in public - effectively throwing him under the bus. Would be difficult for him to come back after that really. Better for all concerned that he finds a new club

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Didn’t seem ridiculous at the time at all

Once again though it was a position where we already had plenty of options ( bit like wide attackers) and money that could have been spent on strengthening elsewhere ( centre mid).

Ive seen nothing from Hoever to make me think he's " got it" .... deer in the headlights, always looks petrified even just standing on the touchline waiting to come on.

Back
Top Bottom