Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever - Value for money?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its all very well buying/ loaning players like However, Silva, Vitinha etc but they have to play football to develop, maitain match fitness and maintain interest.Too good for U23s? Thats why there should be proper reserve team football.
Maybe u23 Premier League 2 Div 1 would be a better standard for them.
Trouble is it blocks development of others.

MontyR

Reaction score
This isn't a good look - can only see a few options.
  • Sell him and get some of our money back.
  • Keep him and hope he improves and grows into the role.
  • Try him further up the pitch and attempt to make him a CM?
The last option I only put in because he's looked alright going forward. Has a bit of height to him and he's only 20, so could work out?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

This isn't a good look - can only see a few options.
  • Sell him and get some of our money back.
  • Keep him and hope he improves and grows into the role.
  • Try him further up the pitch and attempt to make him a CM?
The last option I only put in because he's looked alright going forward. Has a bit of height to him and he's only 20, so could work out?
The only option we have is he grows internally, you can't give someone the desire and passion to work hard i am afraid.
He might work as a DM moreso than FB though.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably fair, does show I think that there was substance though not just an overreaction to a mistake.
Whether there is substance to it or not, to do this to any player needs to be carefully considered. To do it to a young player I think is not right. Deal with these things in house.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like this lad is just not putting enough work in to improve his fitness, athleticism and overall game. He has the physique and enough ability, just seems to lack the grit and determination to knuckle down and really show everyone he is progressing. He seems to be another Otasowie waiting to happen and it looks like his focus/priorities on his game are being distracted by other things.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange one this, it has to be attitude related. On WhoScored it says he’s made one league appearance and got a 7.61 rating.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checked his age - nearer 21 than 20.

Arguably if he was, say, 18, you'd HOPE he'd get the message.

At pushing 21 you'd EXPECT this - especially after the issues last season.

Come on, KJH, please don't do a CBJ

Reaction score
Whether there is substance to it or not, to do this to any player needs to be carefully considered. To do it to a young player I think is not right. Deal with these things in house.
He may well have tried dealing with it in house and the public dressing down was a last resort.

It’s sounding less and less likely that he is the model professional and Bruno hung him out to dry at the first opportunity.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's strange because when he joined us the Liverpool fans were apparently really upset that he had been allowed to leave as they really rated him. Thought he was the next Alexander Arnold. I thought we had got a real gem. Maybe he just can't get his head round being jettisoned by Liverpool.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weird that we’d have brought him in in the first place given the ‘no *********’ rule we supposedly operate.

Maybe this only concerns ready-made first team signings and the hope is that we can work on kids with poor attitudes given their age.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's strange because when he joined us the Liverpool fans were apparently really upset that he had been allowed to leave as they really rated him. Thought he was the next Alexander Arnold. I thought we had got a real gem. Maybe he just can't get his head round being jettisoned by Liverpool.

It's easy to look the part when your only starts are against lesser opposition in a team packed with stars, as is the case with Hoever.

If he was really a gem, they would have started him more and not let him go.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoiever value for money?
It depends doesn´t it?
If we gonna talk the value in Pounds and pennies...not much at all.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

And you know he already hadn't? PSV haven't publicly hammered him, yet he doesn't seem to have done anything than unimpress them if reports are true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not looking positive is it? Looks like he needs a serious conversation with someone he trusts who is willing to tell it straight. He’s still young and clearly has talent, but talent without application is wasted.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All those that think Bruno was wrong to publicly lambast a young player… haven’t PSV just done the same thing?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pity we can't cancel his contract complete waste of money signing him.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
9 mil, I assume any add ons will be forfeit but christ, it does tarnish the Jota deal, which I'm sure we're probably only seeing the second instalment of now. Liverpool know how to do a deal lol..

But I did not, and don't, want to see him fail. There was something there, but unfortunately Bruno sussed his attitude out early doors. Sometimes I think Bruno is too candid, if not naïve in interviews, but he does tell it how it is, for good or ill..

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Must admit when we signed him I said to myself why are Liverpool letting him if he's that good, I think we know the answer now, talented but no application. Another £10m wasted.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
9 mil, I assume any add ons will be forfeit but christ, it does tarnish the Jota deal, which I'm sure we're probably only seeing the second instalment of now. Liverpool know how to do a deal lol..

But I did not, and don't, want to see him fail. There was something there, but unfortunately Bruno sussed his attitude out early doors. Sometimes I think Bruno is too candid, if not naïve in interviews, but he does tell it how it is, for good or ill..

I feel the need to rise to this one… Far too many people feel like we’ve been “done” in some way by Liverpool on the Jota deal (excluding the Hoever element)… The installment structure is literally how all transfer deals are done. There’s no way Wolves could pay £32m for example up front for Raul in our first season in the PL.

Nothing to see here with the Jota deal. But Liverpool keyboard warrior fans who’s only knowledge of transfers starts and stops with FIFA 22 like to jump and shout that Liverpool have paid for a new signing in installments like it’s some kind of genius hack.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think calling a young player out publicly was inappropriate but this really does not look good....
Last resort , I expect.
Shown up even more by being surrounded by so many good guys.
In team sports that rotten apple analogy is paramount.

Back
Top Bottom