Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever - Value for money?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well defensively 4 or 5 dangerously misplaced passes though. Not sure if it's a concentration thing

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's 19 and barely played a handful of top division matches, some of these posts are ridiculous. He's coming along fine, he's been very good when starting and should not have been subbed on the way he was late against Liverpool....not sure what more can be expected.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's 19 and barely played a handful of top division matches, some of these posts are ridiculous. He's coming along fine, he's been very good when starting and should not have been subbed on the way he was late against Liverpool....not sure what more can be expected.
He should be in championship learning, he isn't good enough at the moment. Not to say he won't be but he isn't a premier league player at present. His passing is so dangerous to us. Just leaves it short constantly under absolutely no pressure

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I mean Semedo literally put a ball on a plate against Brighton. No chance on planet earth should Hoever be starting ahead of him.
He did though, today, didnt you watch the game. Hoever started instead of semedo. Long may it continue, until semedo starts to take a player on which is what a wing back is meant to do.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He did though, today, didnt you watch the game. Hoever started instead of semedo. Long may it continue, until semedo starts to take a player on which is what a wing back is meant to do.
What relevance does him starting today have to my statement that he shouldn't be. He also gave the ball away by struggling to execute simple passes. He looked like a championship player which he is at the moment

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He should be in championship learning, he isn't good enough at the moment. Not to say he won't be but he isn't a premier league player at present. His passing is so dangerous to us. Just leaves it short constantly under absolutely no pressure

If the plan is to sell him then the loan out is fine otherwise it doesn't make much sense at his age as you're not going to find a club that guarantees him time on the pitch unless they have a chance of buying him. Ideally he would be playing more reserves/u21s whilst training with the first squad but we don't have the squad size to accommodate it. For now the cameo appearance in the top division is his learning ground, not ideal but it is what it is.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance by the young man. I remember Ait Nouri getting slated for not being good enough, but with a run of games and confidence from the manager, he now looks like a first choice lb for a top half team. Same may happen for Hoever.

Kids take time to develop, and todays game was another solid block in his learning. Did fine today. Even the 35 year old, 140 odd capped massively experienced Moutinho gave the ball away cheaply on several occasions today.
Players that never give the ball away play for teams in a stronger position than us.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I criticised him for his boo boo against Liverpool and rightly so I thought but I will give credit too as I thought he played well today. He’s young and needs experience but it’s very difficult for a team like us to give him opportunities. We don’t have the luxury of being a few goals up so we can blood some youngsters. I expect we will just have to expect him to be good and bad for a while yet.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did 1 thing in todays game that semedo has failed to do all season. He took a player on got to the bye line and delivered a cross.

You missed Semedo do exactly that only 4 days ago. Delivered an perfect low cross from the byline, nobody on the end of it though. Either way, more than one good cross a match would be nice from a wing back and if we are going to score more goals, we need to improve that.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You missed Semedo do exactly that only 4 days ago. Delivered an perfect low cross from the byline, nobody on the end of it though. Either way, more than one good cross a match would be nice from a wing back and if we are going to score more goals, we need to improve that.

Did it a couple of times didn't he, the back post one that Trincao didn't gamble for, and the one where he placed it on the penalty spot but nobody even bothered attacking it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did it a couple of times didn't he, the back post one that Trincao didn't gamble for, and the one where he placed it on the penalty spot but nobody even bothered attacking it.

Having had a dig at our wing backs for poor crossing, I think our lack of forwards in the box makes crossing a nightmare. Noticed one today where Hoever hit the first man. It looks bad, but when you freeze the frame, there is only Raul standing aroudn the penalty spot ,with 2 defenders covering him and another 2 between Hoever and them. What is the wing back to do? Recycle it back to Coady? Yes, I know they do that and it gets the groans, but you can see why.

As well as the movement for crossing, what is driving me mad at the moment is that there are times when Raul & Podence (and Hwang, when playing) movement is good up front, but our midfield 3 are so safety first, they never see it. Well, Moutinho got one right for the disallowed goal, but once every 3 - 4 games? Nowhere near good enough, needs each 3, 4 or even more times per half. From whichever midfielder is not the deep one...unfortunately, they all seem to be deep, all the time, unless we are a goal down. Number of times they get the ball facing goal, with space and movement behind them, but they just stop and roll it back to Coady with no forward intent at all. Just maybe the forwards get frustrated by this every match? Like I said in the match, it's like all their heads are screwed on backwards. The only time they move forward is when we have possession unchallenged, inside our own half, so it's useless. Just clocks up the "pass success rate".

The long diagonal out to wing backs seems to have totally gone now, but been replaced with nothing.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
V Liverpool last week, crap. Twice he's cost us the game against liverpool. Needs to get more intelligent or **** off out of here.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sorry mate semedo didnt take anybody on he was in space when he received the ball and got the cross off.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry mate semedo didnt take anybody on he was in space when he received the ball and got the cross off.
Literally went around Dan Burn and got a shove in the back after doing so. Wolves site, extended highlights, 1:35 in the video

Has it got to the stage where people are so entrenched in their (wrong) view on Semedo that they don't believe their own eyes??

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Literally went around Dan Burn and got a shove in the back after doing so. Wolves site, extended highlights, 1:35 in the video

Has it got to the stage where people are so entrenched in their (wrong) view on Semedo that they don't believe their own eyes??

I was talking about the pass from traore 2 nd half mate.
I'm a semedo fan btw. I'm also a hoever fan aswell.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Seemed to give the ball away constantly yesterday. For someone who came through the Ajax youth system I would expect better passing as a minimum. Defensively he did well I thought but he isn't as good as Semedo. If Jonny comes back OK i would think a loan would be a good option as he needs to play regularly at that age.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether long term ie as in a couple of years, Hoever and Killman are at CB? He has the physical skills I think, but lacks concentration. And if you look at Maxs composure now compared to a year ago, it's off the charts. Not sure that Hoever will get there, but who knows?

T

TheConcourse

Turns out Brockmoors memory only lasts a couple days.
Like Men in Black ain’t it?

giphy.gif

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dan Burn? It doesn't count, then. Most Sunday league players could leave Burn in their wake. :D

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s only 19 lads let’s remember, I think he’s done very well when he plays, just needs to improve like all of our players have needed to.

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
I am not sure he is the long term answer to any of our defence positions going forward, but I think he’s showed glimpses pre season that he had improved, unfortunately he had to come on against Liverpool when Salah picked the ball up before they scored. He didn’t do a lot wrong yesterday apart from coming over to near to kilman and leaving a bit to much of space for the Alonso to expose but it looked like Dendonker was baby sitting him for much of the game.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well defensively but he does have a bit of laziness/lack of concentration on the ball he gave the ball away multiple times yesterday probably with a run of games that might go away.

Back
Top Bottom