Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever - Value for money?

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In an attempt to deflect some flack away from Fabio.

Hoever was a sizeable investment for us and despite still being a teenager he isn't a recognised first teamer yet?

He's actually 6 months older than Fabio so surely he should be proving his worth by now?

Will he ever be worth what we paid for him?

Should we send him on loan to the Championship to leave a hole in our squad to aid his development? Or should we send him to the Eredivise?

I'd like your opinions based on pure conjecture over the next 30 pages if you would.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd 100% loan him out in Jan when Jonny is back, but I don't rate him particularly highly. He flashes being a tidy player but physically isn't particularly impressive and at the moment struggles massively defensively.

I am not hopeful for him but not writing him off.

molinew

Reaction score
As someone astutely pointed out on another thread, the fact Liverpool were willing to let him go isn't necessarily a good sign, given how good their recruitment is. They are very smart about recruitment and player development, so their willigness to sell him to us would suggest the systems which pick up bargains like Mane, Jota etc and bring through players like Curtis Jones didn't flag an issue with letting him go

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think he's got the tools to be a great player but semedo will take some shifting. can we do a loan deal where we can recall whenever we want?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone astutely pointed out on another thread, the fact Liverpool were willing to let him go isn't necessarily a good sign, given how good their recruitment is. They are very smart about recruitment and player development, so their willigness to sell him to us would suggest the systems which pick up bargains like Mane, Jota etc and bring through players like Curtis Jones didn't flag an issue with letting him go
Liverpool are brilliant at getting top buck at getting money for young players that aren’t good enough for them. see Ibe and Solanke as examples. It’s the blue print for what he want to do going forward (I was told this by someone involved in recruitment at the club).

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is going to be a really good player. I'd like to see him at least get the odd game in the u23s though, just to get some sort of competitive games.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like to see more of him but he cant get in the side at the moment. For those saying loan him out in January that would be pretty daft when we are already without Saiss and Boly and Hoever can supposedly fill in at centre back.

I think any loan move for him will be next summer unless he breaks into the side before the end of the season.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would like to see more of him but he cant get in the side at the moment. For those saying loan him out in January that would be pretty daft when we are already without Saiss and Boly and Hoever can supposedly fill in at centre back.

I think any loan move for him will be next summer unless he breaks into the side before the end of the season.

Loan him out and rely on Jonny not getting an injury the same as last time is pretty silly I agree

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good back up for RB & CB always impressed when he’s played Bolla & Hoever will be long term replacements for Semedo I’m guessing unless Hoever plays CB. He’s still very young and will play his part over the festive period.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him. Good defensively, technically sound and classy on the ball. Think he's a very talented kid. Most liverpool fans I've seen would of preferred to keep him as backup than Nico Williams.

He's still at an age where he's playing a reasonable amount without it being detrimental. Maybe will need a loan after next season if still not playing much, maybe Bolla could fill on he seems like he's a prospect at grasshoppers.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Kilman is 24 and is now having his big breakthrough season I suppose you could call it. I know his background was slightly different but I still think it shows we shouldn’t be making judgments on any of our 18-19 year old players, yet!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an attempt to deflect some flack away from Fabio.

Hoever was a sizeable investment for us and despite still being a teenager he isn't a recognised first teamer yet?

He's actually 6 months older than Fabio so surely he should be proving his worth by now?

Will he ever be worth what we paid for him?

Should we send him on loan to the Championship to leave a hole in our squad to aid his development? Or should we send him to the Eredivise?

I'd like your opinions based on pure conjecture over the next 30 pages if you would.
I want a vote

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Loaning him out end of Jan would be fine

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They're pretty set for wide defenders though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment, he’s doing exactly what we need him to. Provide cover for Semedo, nothing more, nothing less. Silva the same for Raul to some extent. Given how much grief we’ve all given the club for having so little squad depth, anyone suggesting we loan him out without other cover, is insane! However, like Silva, he’s not going to reach his potential sitting on the bench. He needs competitive games, so either he needs to start coming on as a sub or playing more cup games, or we need other cover for Semedo and he goes out to a decent Champ club for experience.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's going to be a player there certainly, the only reason Liverpool sold him at all was because we agreed to sell Jota. They weren't going to sell him had we not agreed that deal, he was very highly rated there

He's another one, like Fabio Silva, that the club want to keep close by and are fulfilling a back up role in our squad, and will get a handful of games in the Premier League (and cups) before the seasons out, but it does beg the question, would they develop at a better rate with a season in the Championship under their belts?

I'm a fan of both players, and have faith they will be huge for the club in good time, but at the same time I want that to happen as quickly as is possible and I'm also a fan of a good season in the Championship to make a man out of a highly rated player. There's nothing like it in my opinion... certainly not our bench or U23 football

If we loaned both to the Champ in Jan, and still had sufficient cover for the role they are playing in the squad, I do think it would accelerate their growth and they will be closer to their potential in the summer as a result

But I also expect the club to keep both for the reasons stated above. But if we brought back Bolla for example to spend the second half of the season as back up to Semedo and loaned Hoever I'd support that, or even Jonny's return may present that opportunity and would help both parties in the long run

First team football makes players

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'd also think that the likes of Ki and Fabio will get a game over Xmas with the fixture pile up

and you look at those Brighton and Watford games, sandwiched in-between Liverpool, City, Chelsea & Arsenal and Bruno may choose to give the squad minutes in those games and we'd need the likes of him to be ready to go

Then when its back to a more normal schedule in Jan and less minutes without injury or suspension there's a strong case for first team minutes elsewhere

Last edited:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd 100% loan him out in Jan when Jonny is back, but I don't rate him particularly highly. He flashes being a tidy player but physically isn't particularly impressive and at the moment struggles massively defensively.

I am not hopeful for him but not writing him off.
Jonny who has had 2 ACL injuries in 2 years?
Makes sense.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's going to be a player there certainly, the only reason Liverpool sold him at all was because we agreed to sell Jota. They weren't going to sell him had we not agreed that deal, he was very highly rated there

He's another one, like Fabio Silva, that the club want to keep close by and are fulfilling a back up role in our squad, and will get a handful of games in the Premier League (and cups) before the seasons out, but it does beg the question, would they develop at a better rate with a season in the Championship under their belts?

I'm a fan of both players, and have faith they will be huge for the club in good time, but at the same time I want that to happen as quickly as is possible and I'm also a fan of a good season in the Championship to make a man out of a highly rated player. There's nothing like it in my opinion... certainly not our bench or U23 football

If we loaned both to the Champ in Jan, and still had sufficient cover for the role they are playing in the squad, I do think it would accelerate their growth and they will be closer to their potential in the summer as a result

But I also expect the club to keep both for the reasons stated above. But if we brought back Bolla for example to spend the second half of the season as back up to Semedo and loaned Hoever I'd support that, or even Jonny's return may present that opportunity and would help both parties in the long run

First team football makes players
Very well put sir

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a valuable asset in the Jota deal when the other defensive players coming through were younger, and they had a lot of them.
After he left, they suffered a huge injury crisis following Van Dyck and he would have played every week for months, maybe even cemented himself in the team.
I think he's a centre back in waiting....it's just that Saiss keeps on confounding predictions of being moved on because he keeps pulling his his weight. Amazing to think that he joined in that Jackett/Zenga period and has retained his place through everything we've done since.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like what I’ve seen of him. I’m not entirely sure he is suited to RWB and could move to RCB or even CM at some stage when he matures.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? At a time when we may have 2 defenders going to the ACON, he is cover for RWB or RCB.
No way should we reduce the squad size further in those circumstances.
ACON finishes before the end of the transfer window....

Edit. Final is on 2nd Feb so we might have 2 days to worry about if we loan Hoever out

Second edit. The next game we have is Arsenal on 8th Feb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom