Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could see Raul getting very ****ed off with his country's football federation if they prevent him from playing against Watford.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't know there are so many things i'd change about the proper game:

-Stop time wasting by the corner flag. Enforce all corners must be directly crossed in to box.
-Once the referee blows for full-time, the game continues until the ball goes out of play or a goal is scored
-A player is awarded a yellow card for kicking the ball out of play when an opponent is 'injured' therefore undermining the referee whom chose to play on
-No more throw-in's. Feet only
-Players get a standard salary based on 3 categories of squad status [1st team, squad, development] and they play for cash with the winning team taking all of the pot per match
-Red cards for cynical fouls
-A red card wherever the fouls occurs incurs a penalty kick for the opposition [red cards are a bizarre concept, they advantage the opposition for upto 90 minutes yet advantage the oppositions rivals for 90 minutes given the carded player is suspended in future matches]
- A team can take a free-kick immediately without waiting for the referee to signal. The fouling player must walk to the side of the pitch closest and await the awarding of a card or be signalled to return to the pitch by the referee. Interfering with play otherwise is a red card.
-If the referee plays advantage, a team can stop play and choose to have the free-kick
-Var is only actioned upon the request of a team. With sin-bin punishments for incorrectly referring to Var
-Retrsopective punishment for fouls/cheating...
Agree on all of them except corners direct into the box (disadvantages teams who are aerially challenged), kick-ins to replace throw ins (would slow the game down, like organizing for a corner), red's for cynical fouls (too subjective), direct red cards for penalties (depends on scenario), salary thing (too complex a debate)

Love the idea of taking a free kick whenever, defo shouldn't have to let the defending team set-up when it's your advantage.

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree on all of them except corners direct into the box (disadvantages teams who are aerially challenged), kick-ins to replace throw ins (would slow the game down, like organizing for a corner), red's for cynical fouls (too subjective), direct red cards for penalties (depends on scenario), salary thing (too complex a debate)

Love the idea of taking a free kick whenever, defo shouldn't have to let the defending team set-up when it's your advantage.
Cynical would be when an attacking player has moved past an opponent and the opponent proceeds to chop him down or pull his shirt with the ball no where near to being playable for the opponent.

Penalties for red cards wherever on the pitch the red card is awarded [or for second yellows] is to address the imbalance between the advanatge rivals [guarnateed 90 minutes playing against team without potentially a star/vital player] vs only upto 90 minutes for team currently playing the then 10 men. Particularly relevent to stop teams choosing a red card over a potential goal as they aways give away a 75% [approx] chance of a goal from a penalty.

Regards penalties, i think i'd change that too. To stop all this run up nonsense, a penalty must be directly hit with no run up. Think it was signori [sp] that had this technqiue Or as soon as the player starts a run-up the keeper can charge out if he likes.

Salary cap, ye i agree but it would be fun if on a matchday we were watching teams play for direct and immediate financial gain. I'm sure that would change the dynamic of a match and hopefully eliminate draws or specifically matches whereby each team is content with a draw [happens quite often in the last 15 minutes of matches].

Taking a free-kick without the referee whistle is quite diffcult to implement with the awardment of cards but i'm sure there is a solution.

Whatever the proposals the underlining theme to them is to keep the play flowing and eliminate the 'dark arts' and ensure each team is continually attack minded in some form.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cynical would be when an attacking player has moved past an opponent and the opponent proceeds to chop him down or pull his shirt with the ball no where near to being playable for the opponent.

Penalties for red cards wherever on the pitch the red card is awarded [or for second yellows] is to address the imbalance between the advanatge rivals [guarnateed 90 minutes playing against team without potentially a star/vital player] vs only upto 90 minutes for team currently playing the then 10 men. Particularly relevent to stop teams choosing a red card over a potential goal as they aways give away a 75% [approx] chance of a goal from a penalty.

Regards penalties, i think i'd change that too. To stop all this run up nonsense, a penalty must be directly hit with no run up. Think it was signori [sp] that had this technqiue Or as soon as the player starts a run-up the keeper can charge out if he likes.

Salary cap, ye i agree but it would be fun if on a matchday we were watching teams play for direct and immediate financial gain. I'm sure that would change the dynamic of a match and hopefully eliminate draws or specifically matches whereby each team is content with a draw [happens quite often in the last 15 minutes of matches].

Taking a free-kick without the referee whistle is quite diffcult to implement with the awardment of cards but i'm sure there is a solution.

Whatever the proposals the underlining theme to them is to keep the play flowing and eliminate the 'dark arts' and ensure each team is continually attack minded in some form.
yeah well thought out ideas, still not sure I agree with those points personally. The penalty run up one is a good one tho, I'd have it so when the ref blows the whistle the GK is allowed to charge out and narrow the angle. So the kicker has to be quicker.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yeah well thought out ideas, still not sure I agree with those points personally. The penalty run up one is a good one tho, I'd have it so when the ref blows the whistle the GK is allowed to charge out and narrow the angle. So the kicker has to be quicker.
I disagree. The keepers team is being penalized for committing a foul. Why should they be granted any advantage?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They have a salary cap in rugby. Bit of a farce really as Saracens got stung yet the French one is higher than ours even when they play in the same European competitions.

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
They have a salary cap in rugby. Bit of a farce really as Saracens got stung yet the French one is higher than ours even when they play in the same European competitions.
No interest in Rugby. Not proposing a salary cap either. The 'winnings' would be distributed according to a transaprent formula each clubs specifies at the beginning of the season. You 'buy' Sanches, he gets attributed a top category status and say 10% of winnings. Upto the club to specify the %'s and ensure that they tally to 100% or less.

Tbh, i'd probably go one step further and link it to ownership of shares whereby fans own x %, players y % and independent board z %. That would address the issue we have with unscruplous owners [follow the German model] and ensure players are invested in their careers or the performance of their team mates and address the current power inbalance between player and club.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford also meant to have players missing. What if an agreement between the 2 teams that both players can play and two fingers up to the whole situation.

we couldn’t both loose the game……. Or could we

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Watford also meant to have players missing. What if an agreement between the 2 teams that both players can play and two fingers up to the whole situation.

we couldn’t both loose the game……. Or could we
We can't just agree with the other team though, that would just bring about more FIFA sanctions (and no doubt more severe punishment for playing ineligible players) for not adhering to the rule. It would be stupid. Think the Premier League are still discussing the situation with FIFA and all of the national teams involved though, so there is still hope that something will be agreed allowing Raul and the other players to play.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The whole thing is just farcical. Players being banned for not going to countries on the banned list and being suspended from playing instead of missing the same games due to the need to isolate. Then there is the pantomime that was Brazil V Argentina with the ministry of silly walks entering the field of play to take the unisolating players off the field in a country notorious for not taking action against Covid 19?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's up to the individual FAs to complain to FIFA and ask for the ban, it's not automatic. Brazil for whatever reason haven't told FIFA either way yet if they want the players who were refused to be released by their clubs to be banned or not. Mexico very much have already told FIFA they want Wolves sanctioned from what I can tell.

What chance Raul convinces Mexico to withdraw their complaint or FIFA decide there was enough extenuating circumstances to let clubs off this time around?

Given the fuss that happened with the Argentina players, I can't see any chance whatsoever that clubs allow players to go for the October internationals either.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FIFA has to understand that they are not a higher power than state governments. The hesitation in this matter is due to governments imposing quarantines for the purpose of protecting their populations from a rampant pandemic. They are quite fortunate that any international football can take place at all.

This is not clubs simply refusing to let their players travel because they want them rested for the next league game, this is clubs knowing that their players face extensive quarantines and as their wage payers finally putting their foot down.

I really don't see any motivation for us to allow any players to travel to red-listed countries in future international breaks. It's far better that they stay within the club bubble, keep training and sit out one game than have extensive travel, a string of games in a short time and then have lengthy quarantines at the end of it all.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Brazil having now invoked this rule, I can't see Raul playing. All players will presumably have the one match ban.

Absolutely nonsensical if true but I fully expect FIFA and the FA to cave as if their lives depended on doing so

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With Brazil having now invoked this rule, I can't see Raul playing. All players will presumably have the one match ban.

Absolutely nonsensical if true but I fully expect FIFA and the FA to cave as if their lives depended on doing so

I saw an article saying if clubs play the players they forfeit the match, I’m unsure on how true that is

But some clubs will have players miss champs league as well

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FIFA has to understand that they are not a higher power than state governments. The hesitation in this matter is due to governments imposing quarantines for the purpose of protecting their populations from a rampant pandemic. They are quite fortunate that any international football can take place at all.

This is not clubs simply refusing to let their players travel because they want them rested for the next league game, this is clubs knowing that their players face extensive quarantines and as their wage payers finally putting their foot down.

I really don't see any motivation for us to allow any players to travel to red-listed countries in future international breaks. It's far better that they stay within the club bubble, keep training and sit out one game than have extensive travel, a string of games in a short time and then have lengthy quarantines at the end of it all.
Your sentiment is spot on, but as long as football is being run by idiots who think that they are the ultimate arbiter this is an example of the chaos to expect.

The lack of perception and common sense displayed by these buffoons is beyond belief!

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is missing from Watford side this weekend due to the same reason as Raul ? Couldn’t see anything on it

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it possible to pick and choose which players you want banned? Why are they able to make an exception for Everton? Is this not affecting the results of another competition. I thought this type of behaviour was banned?
It's because Everton play on a Monday, after the bans have finished.

As you say though, irrespective of how it comes about, it creates a nonsensical scenario

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it possible to pick and choose which players you want banned? Why are they able to make an exception for Everton? Is this not affecting the results of another competition. I thought this type of behaviour was banned?

Everton released Richarlison for the Olympics so Brazil in effect 'cancelled' his call up for these games as a favour to Everton. I mean, could you use that as an excuse to go to FIFA and claim unfairness? probably, but afaik no team/league has actually pushed for a legal challenge against FIFAs international call-up rules, I don't think that's a fight any one really wants right now.

Back
Top Bottom