Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Youth Released

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jamie Tank, Jordan Cranston, Tim Jakobsson, Robbie Parry, Sam Whittall, Kristian Kostrna and David Moli all been released from their contracts

Quite surprised at the Kostrna one I guess he never recovered properly from that broken leg

R

reanswolf

Jamie Tank obviously has not progressed as had been hoped either. Shame about Kostrna had high hopes.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moli also came with large promise from Liverpool I believe.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Disappointing that a few of those never made it. Very high hopes for some of those.

Jamie Tank came from Walsall very highly rated as did Moli from Liverpool.

Kostrna looked the standout performer in the under 21's for a long time. Obviously his long-term injury didn't help, but very disappointing he couldn't make the step up. If it wasn't for the injury he would have been in the first team squad back at the start of this season.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst talking about contracts

Dominic Iorfa, Jim Kellerman, Jon Flatt and Eusebio have all signed new contracts

We know about Euesbio, Jon Flatt is highly recommended by Murray the other two i dont know much about

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst talking about contracts

Dominic Iorfa, Jim Kellerman, Jon Flatt and Eusebio have all signed new contracts

We know about Euesbio, Jon Flatt is highly recommended by Murray the other two i dont know much about

Isn't Dominic Iorfa been the one on loan at Shrewsbury?

Haven't seen much of him but pretty sure I saw on the highlights for a Shrewsbury game a few weeks ago that he scored/set up a goal.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
disappointed about Tim Jakobsson i thought he looked to have promise, neat tidy player.

also Sam Whittall i thought he looked more intelligent than many of the others, in the games i saw his thinking appeared far quicker/clever than those around him.

oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comments by Thelwell (if I understand him correctly) on the website would suggest that a number of them have gone as far as they can without getting a chance of first team football, therefore best for there careers that they move to a club that can offer them that level of competitive football.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I watched the Under 21s when they lost 3-0 at home to United.

Iorfa played RB and was the only one to come out with any credit, we were abysmal.

He was extremely quick and physical, looked as though he could also play CB and attacked well from the back, and coped against a tricky winger well.

Only one game, I know, but he showed promise. Recognise a lot of the lads names released from the same game and cant say I'm suprised.

M

Mr Wolf

I know a few players & to be honest none of them work anywhere near as hard as they should do. I know they are youths but Wolves should use this as warning to the rest of them about bucking their idea's up because some of them have been woeful. It's all a bit nicey nicey down the academy for me.

Under 18 & 16 twitter said to expect plenty more arrivals this summer.

W

Wichenford Wolf

While the atmosphere around Molineux must be euphoric, feel sorry for those lads who haven't been offered contracts. How must they feel with everyone else on top of the world (well, League 1 anyway)? Hopefully the Wolves machine will work hard to find them alternative employment.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a few players & to be honest none of them work anywhere near as hard as they should do. I know they are youths but Wolves should use this as warning to the rest of them about bucking their idea's up because some of them have been woeful. It's all a bit nicey nicey down the academy for me.

Under 18 & 16 twitter said to expect plenty more arrivals this summer.

Good. We need some new faces in u21's and academy as we are a bit short on numbers now.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. This is quite brutal really. Some hav been at the club only a relatively short term but I guess if they ae deemed not good enough so be it!!!

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't name names but a couple of the released players were in a pub not long ago necking alcohol and getting off their face.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Under 21s when they lost 3-0 at home to United.

Iorfa played RB and was the only one to come out with any credit, we were abysmal.

He was extremely quick and physical, looked as though he could also play CB and attacked well from the back, and coped against a tricky winger well.

Only one game, I know, but he showed promise. Recognise a lot of the lads names released from the same game and cant say I'm suprised.

He is an England under 18 player.

His legs are too long

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The under 21 this season has been terrible. Finished bottom or second from bottom and lacked any attacking threat.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know what is happening with Michael Ihikewe? He is currently on loan at Cheltenham and nothing been mentioned about his situation with his contract up in the summer.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Won't name names but a couple of the released players were in a pub not long ago necking alcohol and getting off their face.

Thats not fair, I am sure a lot on here do this on a regular basis, its not a crime, footballer or not!!

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. This is quite brutal really. Some hav been at the club only a relatively short term but I guess if they ae deemed not good enough so be it!!!

How is it "brutal"?

It's youth football. It happens at all clubs. They know the score when they join. Its short term - its an academy with no guarantees of a professional contract at the end of it. Only so many can progress - and that's the best ones.

If they suffer long term injury or don't progress quick enough, then its unfortunate but that's the way it is.

No different from someone starting a new job and learning a trade. If they don't learn quick enough and reach the level expected of them by the company, then they don't get through their three-month probation period.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats not fair, I am sure a lot on here do this on a regular basis, its not a crime, footballer or not!!

Old ground but whilst the odd beer is acceptable, getting “off their faces” is hardly indicative of the attitude and approach needed to succeed at top level professional sport in the 21st century.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it "brutal"?

It's youth football. It happens at all clubs. They know the score when they join. Its short term - its an academy with no guarantees of a professional contract at the end of it. Only so many can progress - and that's the best ones.

If they suffer long term injury or don't progress quick enough, then its unfortunate but that's the way it is.

No different from someone starting a new job and learning a trade. If they don't learn quick enough and reach the level expected of them by the company, then they don't get through their three-month probation period.

OK. Brutal my be overstating it, but my meaning is, they are young some have not been at the club long and its... Booom there's the door!

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know what is happening with Michael Ihikewe? He is currently on loan at Cheltenham and nothing been mentioned about his situation with his contract up in the summer.

there was a 1yr option on his contract so maybe the club are taking it up

M

MK Panther

Unfortunately they get their hair done, get some sharp clothes then almost pretend they are in the first team. Do they demand extra coaching, the first one in and the last one home. Realistically they would have been told or felt that the first team is a far off place and how many youngsters actually make it. It is hard but Michel Platini was turned down, Dino Zoff was turned down, it depends upon the individual. There must have been something there at the beginning?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rejection worked out well in the end for Michael Kightly to name but one.

If these guys have got anything about them and spent any time with him whilst he was here they'll use him as an example of how to take things from here.

M

MancWolf1

I don't think he's considered part of the development squad due to his age. His contract situation will probably be revealed when the retained list for the Senior squad is announced.

V

vega recollection

Unfortunately they get their hair done, get some sharp clothes then almost pretend they are in the first team. Do they demand extra coaching, the first one in and the last one home. Realistically they would have been told or felt that the first team is a far off place and how many youngsters actually make it. It is hard but Michel Platini was turned down, Dino Zoff was turned down, it depends upon the individual. There must have been something there at the beginning?

Maybe it's just my impression but it seems too many youth players think they've 'made it' and give up on the hard work in order to develop their skills.If,as someone said,it's a bit too 'nicey nicey' then it's right to move them on.Maybe some of them need(ed) a kick of reality.It is a shame about Kostma tho,I really thought he'd make it to the 1 st team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any news about the other young striker Jake Kempton, thought he was out of contract too?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Michael IhiKewe was a regular in the Cheltenham team for most of his time on loan though I note he has been dropped to the bench recently.

S

Swansea Wolves

A friend who does some work for me is also a scout so he knows quite a few people down at the club. He was speaking to one of the staff on the phone the other day and they told him that Kostrna or Moli weren't considered anywhere near the standard required to make the step up. Jakobsson was highly rated however but no reason given about why he wasn't being given a new contract. Apparently there's a 15 year old Nigerian kid at the club though who, I quote, 'is the best they've had for a long time'. That's all he would say so there might be others on here who are aware of this player?

T

tara-a-bit

.......Apparently there's a 15 year old Nigerian kid at the club though who, I quote, 'is the best they've had for a long time'.......

Are you sure he's only 15.

Nigerian footballers have a habit of reducing their age.:D

F

FLEET WOLF

He's probably about 27. I am sure Kanu was still playing for Pompey when he was about 60 odd, although he may not have been Nigerian!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

One of his kids said 'Of course my dad is only 15.He helps me with my paper round and then buys me a beer in the pub and always puts my bets on'

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend who does some work for me is also a scout so he knows quite a few people down at the club. He was speaking to one of the staff on the phone the other day and they told him that Kostrna or Moli weren't considered anywhere near the standard required to make the step up. Jakobsson was highly rated however but no reason given about why he wasn't being given a new contract. Apparently there's a 15 year old Nigerian kid at the club though who, I quote, 'is the best they've had for a long time'. That's all he would say so there might be others on here who are aware of this player?

I heard about said Nigerian lad a month or so ago. At that time somebody who works on the scouting side said he hoped we were going to get the lad as he could be something special. Hopefully this post above means we did indeed get the lad and he'll be in the under 18s next season.

Back
Top Bottom