Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

YOUR MOLINEUX MEMORIES. GET ‘EM ON THE SCREENS

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As part of the Chelsea anniversary game celebrations the club are hoping that fans will share their memories of Wolves over the years. These will appear on the large screens before the game and at half time.

At the moment we are very short of videos. Stills are fine as well, so long as they have an audio file that tells your story. As we are short of material there is a very good chance that your memories will appear.

If you have anything at all please send urgently to:

molineux130@wolves.co.uk.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4453

The last time I offered something for the programme, with the 5 games idea last season it never got used, worse picks made it in and the idea was scrapped in January.

Would rather see others than my scrappy camera skills anyway :p

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The ****** with the 'you've let us down again' banner

Mark Williams' first touch

A few of the missed chances/hitting the woodwork during that Bolton play off game

Muscat's sending off against Grimsby

It's been a roller-coaster ride at the Mol over the years, maybe the montage should reflect that a little bit as the lows make the highs that much sweeter

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ****** with the 'you've let us down again' banner

Mark Williams' first touch

A few of the missed chances/hitting the woodwork during that Bolton play off game

Muscat's sending off against Grimsby

It's been a roller-coaster ride at the Mol over the years, maybe the montage should reflect that a little bit as the lows make the highs that much sweeter

I’m sure the idea is to present a balanced view of our past. We all know it’s surely been a bumpy ride and these memories should rightly show that.
After 130 years of history at Molineux we have surely seen many highs and just as many lows.
This will be a time for reflection to show both the good and the bad, and also to show how far we have come.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@PumpKing Do you want this stickied or shall we just keep bumping it now and then?

Thanks bod, whatever you think will get it more notice. The club are really short of memories from fans, and time is very short to assemble them into a screen presentation. They have asked if we can spread the word to appeal for as many more as possible.

Thanks again. Appreciate your help.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t see or read anything on those screens anyway.

Still, if I had something I would send it! Sadly I don’t. Can’t they just get on YouTube and nick some crowd-filmed footage?

R

reanswolf

In Wolves video sections (on Page 2 I think now), all the best moments are on 2 video collections put together by Marrs-Guitar.
Includes days at Wembley, winning championships, at the airport flying to Newcastle, scenes in W-ton after winning things, beating Albion 2-1 with mad scenes, Sherpa Van, Play Off Final etc.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It should end with Ebanks Blake goal and the elation if the fans running on at full time for our first automatic promotion to the premier league

No doubt it will be new era though!

Arthur

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a game at home in the early 2000's, I think we lost 2-3, and one of our goal was scored when the opposition keeper kicked the ball on the back of Georges Ndah or Nathan Blake, with the ball bouncing back into his own goal?

I was 10 or 11yo, my dad and I had travelled to England for the game but I can't remember the team we were playing

Arthur

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a game at home in the early 2000's, I think we lost 2-3, and one of our goal was scored when the opposition keeper kicked the ball on the back of Georges Ndah or Nathan Blake, with the ball bouncing back into his own goal?

I was 10 or 11yo, my dad and I had travelled to England for the game but I can't remember the team we were playing

After a bit of research on Wikipedia, here's the game I was on about:
BBC SPORT | ENGLISH DIVISION 1  | Wolves 2-3 Preston

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Wolves video sections (on Page 2 I think now), all the best moments are on 2 video collections put together by Marrs-Guitar.
Includes days at Wembley, winning championships, at the airport flying to Newcastle, scenes in W-ton after winning things, beating Albion 2-1 with mad scenes, Sherpa Van, Play Off Final etc.

Brilliant, thanks. I’ll point them in that direction. Sounds just what we need.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It should end with Ebanks Blake goal and the elation if the fans running on at full time for our first automatic promotion to the premier league

No doubt it will be new era though!

Why should it end with that?

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will ask the tit a few rows infront of me who lifts up an Ipad every time we get a freekick towards the Southbank.

The only footage I have is Barnsley away champions day when a fan dressed as a monkey holding a tin foil trophy chased a car down the road because they called him a ****.

R

reanswolf

Brilliant, thanks. I’ll point them in that direction. Sounds just what we need.
Sent an email Paul, with the link. The quality isn't brilliant on some stuff, because the VHS tapes were so well-watched, but they are moments that capture the passion of the moment. Including: -

*Beating City at Wembley & the spectacular sight of singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" Liverpool style at the end.
*Beating Forest 1-0 at Wembley with loads of flag scenes.
*Beating Burnley at Wembley Sherpa Van trophy.
*Beating Sheff Utd at Cardiff in Play-Off Final.
*Scenes in town after all 4 of the above.
*Clinching 2nd division title at home to Chelsea 1977, John Richards equaliser.
*Sherpa Van Semi-final v Notts County with great looks at a packed South Bank, & bloke sticking his yed through changing room window
*Clinching 3rd division with 2-2 draw v Sheff United in a half-closed Molineux.
*Beating Albion away 2-1 Bully last minute in front of 7000 barmy Wolves fans.
*Losing at Villa but Andy Mutch header in front of manic terrace.
*Bully 4 goals at Newcastle and flying up scenes.
*Alex Rae semi-final goal away at Reading
*Winning Championship at home to QPR and manic pitch invasion
*Staying up scenes after last gasp goal v Blackburn

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum...es-memories-1970s-present-compilation.157589/

I should add put together by Marrs-Guitar (not sure if he still posts) but he put these collections together after spending hours converting it from about 10 VHS tapes I sent to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sent an email Paul, with the link. The quality isn't brilliant on some stuff, because the VHS tapes were so well-watched, but they are moments that capture the passion of the moment. Including: -

*Beating City at Wembley & the spectacular sight of singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" Liverpool style at the end.
*Beating Forest 1-0 at Wembley with loads of flag scenes.
*Beating Burnley at Wembley Sherpa Van trophy.
*Beating Sheff Utd at Cardiff in Play-Off Final.
*Scenes in town after all 4 of the above.
*Clinching 2nd division title at home to Chelsea 1977, John Richards equaliser.
*Sherpa Van Semi-final v Notts County with great looks at a packed South Bank, & bloke sticking his yed through changing room window
*Clinching 3rd division with 2-2 draw v Sheff United in a half-closed Molineux.
*Beating Albion away 2-1 Bully last minute in front of 7000 barmy Wolves fans.
*Losing at Villa but Andy Mutch header in front of manic terrace.
*Bully 4 goals at Newcastle and flying up scenes.
*Winning Championship at home to QPR and manic pitch invasion
*Staying up scenes after last gasp goal v Blackburn

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum...es-memories-1970s-present-compilation.157589/

Sounds perfect, it’s more about showing scenes involving fans themselves we need rather than just footage of games. We can all find videos of games, but footage of fans own personal touch involvement, showing the memories of the passion that you mention is important.
Thank you.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why should it end with that?

Probably most euphoric moment in the molineux after chasing automatic promotion for about 20 years (albeit pitstop via the playoffs) That I can remember.

Also the iconic “pack is back” banner

Back
Top Bottom