Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take 17th?

Would you take 17th?

• Yes

Votes: 245 76.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 77 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah, just one of the many **** teams.
Surprised you've piped up. You epitomise it, telling everyone we'd be fine and dismissing anyone who had concerns.

That attitude has been prevalent at the club for 12+ months and it's why we are where we are.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised you've piped up. You epitomise it, telling everyone we'd be fine and dismissing anyone who had concerns.

That attitude has been prevalent at the club for 12+ months and it's why we are where we are.
Oh you mistake me for even caring what division Wolves are in, as far as I'm concerned we are in a bunch of 30 or so clubs spread across the Premier League and and Championship that will just change positions constantly because we are all so alike.

If if bothers you that much, then welcome to top flight football.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh you mistake me for even caring what division Wolves are in, as far as I'm concerned we are in a bunch of 30 or so clubs spread across the Premier League and and Championship that will just change positions constantly because we are all so alike.

If if bothers you that much, then welcome to top flight football.
You not caring about Wolves is irrelevant. Don't dismiss people who are likely to be correct.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You not caring about Wolves is irrelevant. Don't dismiss people who are likely to be correct.
Correct about what? I've explained my position quite clearly. If it bothers you that much then you must really be blind to the realities of top flight football.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct about what? I've explained my position quite clearly. If it bothers you that much then you must really be blind to the realities of top flight football.
That Wolves will go down.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Wolves will go down.
They go down, they come up, it doesn't make a difference, do I think wolves will go down? All jokes aside, no, they're better than 3 other teams, but I couldn't care if they did because we would be in the same position in any given season, other than a handful of teams, the rest of us are just swapping positions.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just have to survive.

The impact it will have on the club financially is not worth thinking about.

Yes we’ll get the parachute payments but due to us looking like a stable, established club, we won’t have relegation clauses in contracts.

We’ll sell and loan players out to try and balance the books.

We may potentially be looking for a new manager who will have a rebuild on his hands, whoever he is.

If we do go down, we cannot make the mistake of keeping a core of losers, bottlers who have no intention of playing Championship football. We did it in 2012 and it was a disaster.

If we survive, it’s still a massive window, there’s a lot of dead wood that needs to go.

The £150mil from the PL makes it an easier task though.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering how badly we play at times and our lack of goals, why wouldn’t anybody take 17th. right now?

Because we got lucky and beat Spurs 1-0, beat Southampton thanks to bizarre own goal and results like those tend to maks the mostly poor performances behind them. In the long run, points total always catches up with performance. And that's what we've seen since. We could play bad and snatch a 1-0 at Forest. But its' the same squad. Some will think the corner has been turned with a win - they always do. But the next match, reality catches up again and we turn in a stinker. We are a lower half table team in a season when there's about 8 others all very similar. And no Albions or Norwichs miles behind to reserve one relegation place. All 3 are up for grabs by those 8 teams involved.

crash2772

Reaction score
I voted no.

We’re more talented than 17th. I was very encouraged by the investment in the squad and staff during the winter window.

Barely avoiding relegation means every oddsmaker puts us as near relegation favorites for next season. It would make further recruitment much more difficult.

I want to watch a team that can win on any given day. The top 6 feel like an amazing upset, but best of the rest is something I can enjoy. The barnstorming 17/18 Championship season was also great fun.

Scoring 22 goals in a premier league season and scraping 17th isn’t nearly as enjoyable.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
21% of people wouldn't take 17th. Only explanation is they want us relegated and prefer watching Championship football!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d take your arm out your socket for 17th right now. Don’t know how I would feel tho if that was secured on the last day. Would like to secure at least 17th against Everton or our only chance is Arsenal have already won the league and been on **** for a week.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
21% of people wouldn't take 17th. Only explanation is they want us relegated and prefer watching Championship football!
I don't want us relegated, and I would take 17th now. Why? Because we are playing really badly. Regardless of the quality of individual players and their records to date, we are not winning games. We can't score, we can't defend, we don't even compete as well as others.
So yes, I would take 17th, and yes, I am a fan. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want us related, and I would take 17th now. Why? Because we are playing really badly. Regardless of the quality of individual players and their records to date, we are not winning games. We can't score, we can't defend, we don't even compete as well as others.
So yes, I would take 17th, and yes, I am a fan. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah, me too.

I was expressing my surprise that not all respondents to the survey would take 17th if offered, given how rubbish we are.

So the only explanation is the people who wouldn't take 17th prefer Championship football!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, me too.

I was expressing my surprise that not all respondents to the survey would take 17th if offered, given how rubbish we are.

So the only explanation is the people who wouldn't take 17th prefer Championship football!
It also depends on when people responded. I said no because l responded during our initial run of form under JL and l thought that we'd finish much higher and haven't revisited. I suspect that others may be in the same situation.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'v just voted yes, for two reasons the first being we are in a poor run of form which we need to get out of asap preferably by trying to win games from the start which means starting with our strongest 11, secondly it's still in our own hands to get out of this mess that we are in at the moment we don't want to rely on other teams to save our skin.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we need to start picking up some wins.But it’s nice for the other team’s fighting relegation to drop points.Like last night,let’s hope Newcastle help us this way tonight.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
If mystic Meg (RIP) had said back in August you'll be three points behind Chelsea going in to the last two games, we'd have gone, wow we'll take that.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11th or 12th is still a possibility. I wouldn't expect Chelsea to pick up another point this season as they've got City away and Newcastle at home. The title race is over now so we may be able to take advantage of a very deflated Arsenal on the last day and overtake Chelsea

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11th or 12th is still a possibility. I wouldn't expect Chelsea to pick up another point this season as they've got City away and Newcastle at home. The title race is over now so we may be able to take advantage of a very deflated Arsenal on the last day and overtake Chelsea
Wow, what an optimist!! :)

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After such a crass season, 17th would be a luxury!!
Bring on next season, it can't come soon enough!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are w

The problem with that is that it's still Arsenal. And we are still us. Based on recent perfomances, especially away, Arsenal would have to be deflated down to about 1.5 psi to lose their final match to us, in front of their fans. :D All their shots that whistled just the wrong side of the post against Brighton, guess which side of the post they're going against us? Those neat, fast, precise attacking moves and composed finished Brighton showed.... need I say more?

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

GON isn't my choice but he's shown he can motivate at least...

Looking at Podences post and everyone sharing it it seems Lopetegui didn't have everyone on side, GON might get better out of some of them.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, if we can avoid going down O'Neil will have performed a miracle. Mind you he may not still be here when we get to the end of the season.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe this is where we're at before we've even kicked a ball. Amazing what a few poor decisions can do to a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom