Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take 17th?

Would you take 17th?

• Yes

Votes: 245 76.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 77 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not bothered if we go down I'll still support us.

Sadly its all I can see this season.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. I think that is where we will land up although relegation is definitely possible after the latest brilliant appointment.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest what's the plan next season .

Has Shi told him you will have 250 million to spend next season if you keep us up and then get to next season and have 2.5million

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I would not. I think we have a better side than at least Luton, Blades, Everton, probably Forest, Palace, and not much different to Fulham and Bournemouth. We just need a siege mentality and some balls.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yes. If the club are to be believed (and that’s a tough ask at the moment), we will have money to spend next season so just have to get through this year relatively unscathed.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part of me feels that 17th would provide Fosun with the incentive to move on or improve. 18th well that would lose them the £150 million , that they deserve to lose for such inept management.
Would Championship football be as bad - see Burnley for 7 years pre relegation and last year and now .

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. If the club are to be believed (and that’s a tough ask at the moment), we will have money to spend next season so just have to get through this year relatively unscathed.

Attachments

• S02E02-lxUqauS4-subtitled.jpg
    S02E02-lxUqauS4-subtitled.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering the manager decided to leave less than a week before the season starts, then 17th would be acceptable. Disappointing, but at least it would mean we would still be in the Premier League.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part of me feels that 17th would provide Fosun with the incentive to move on or improve. 18th well that would lose them the £150 million , that they deserve to lose for such inept management. Would Championship football be as bad - see Burnley for 7 years pre relegation and last year and now .
In a weird way, part of me feels like this needs to happen. Fosun and Shi have flown by the seat of their pants; fortunate at times, other times unscrupulous, and always arrogant in my opinion. Shi assumes Premier League status is a given, that's the only way this appointment, and the attempted appointment of Beale makes any sense. He doesn't really care who's in charge because they put all this money into the team, and therefore Wolves will always be better than three Premier League teams. As long as the coach doesn't stand up to him over transfers.

Perhaps a horrendously close shave would be the slap in the face required to get investment, and finally send the fool Shi packing. Surviving on goals scored on the last day or something. A ghastly thing for the fans to go through, but maybe necessary.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I would not. I think we have a better side than at least Luton, Blades, Everton, probably Forest, Palace, and not much different to Fulham and Bournemouth. We just need a siege mentality and some balls.

Do we have a better manager than those though? That'll be the real question.

DJW

Reaction score
I'll be honest, if survival is all we aspire to from now on maybe relegation would be a better option where we might be competitive in the Championship. I think I'd be more excited starting a season in the Championship than the Premiership right now. Maybe GON can get me dreaming again.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest what's the plan next season .

Has Shi told him you will have 250 million to spend next season if you keep us up and then get to next season and have 2.5million
This is another aspect to this whole sorry saga; the fact us fans have been left totally in the dark, certainly mislead, even lied to. I can smell the stench emanating from Molineux all the way up here in Yorkshire. Tbh I'm so fed up right now I don't give a **** where we finish.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at our players’ ability then we are better than 17th, easily. But not a single person would have predicted what happened to Leicester last season so maybe the upheaval and awful summer could take its toll.

I’d take 17th and be cautiously optimistic for better.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take 17th?

Absolutely.

Some Mixers are saying we won’t go down as we have a good squad. There’s the rub…..would Lage keep us up with this squad? Most of us would say no.
Therefore I’d take 17th. as it’s to much of a risk with GON.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This thread needs closing. It's wrong to use a poll from last season under a different manager and have it hanging there as if it's about a season which hasn't started yet with a different chap in charge.

Last edited:

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it entitled/stupid/delusional to say I would rather get relegated and have the Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday chaos of the championship with tickets half the price and a boat load more fun than replacing Burnley as the team whose sole ambition every year was to scrape survival. It’s dam expensive and not entertaining otherwise.

Jericho

Groupie
Reaction score
No.

Gazza finished 15th with a **** poor Bournemouth for crying out loud.

We'll be between 14th and 10th in my opinion.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre JLo leaving, I thought we'd be aiming for top 10, but now I think we'll be safe, but it'll be a struggle. Sadly I don't think O'Neil will last the season, although I do think he seems like a decent bloke.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it entitled/stupid/delusional to say I would rather get relegated and have the Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday chaos of the championship with tickets half the price and a boat load more fun than replacing Burnley as the team whose sole ambition every year was to scrape survival. It’s dam expensive and not entertaining otherwise.
The last thing I want is to be back in The Championship. I'm 32, so have been supporting since the very end of the 90s. In that time, the majority of it has been spent in the 2nd tier, and it's a **** division which I hate with every fibre of my being :D

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
This thread needs closing. It's dishonest to use a poll from last season under a different manager and have it hanging there as if it's about a season which hasn't started yet with a different chap in charge.
Okay, poll will close in an hour now. If someone would like to start a new one for the current manager and season that would be okay.

fleck1

Reaction score
Absolutely not, we aren't too good to go down nobody ever is. But the squad is nowhere near as bad as some of the doom and gloom merchants want to believe. We definitely require a centre back, can't go in to a season relying on 3. But we have good options elsewhere, a young team so let Ait-Nouri, Bueno, Gomes, Neto, Fabio, Nunes, Cunha play without fear and see where it gets us

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely not, we aren't too good to go down nobody ever is. But the squad is nowhere near as bad as some of the doom and gloom merchants want to believe. We definitely require a centre back, can't go in to a season relying on 3. But we have good options elsewhere, a young team so let Ait-Nouri, Bueno, Gomes, Neto, Fabio, Nunes, Cunha play without fear and see where it gets us
Over the past few years I've come to realise how important the manager is. There have been plenty of teams with good players and rubbish managers that never get anywhere. It's far less likely to be the other way round. I've also seen numerous teams change manager and play like a much better team/much worse team than before. Whilst I don't think we will be relegated this season, I'm pretty certain we will be spending more time looking over our shoulders instead of looking at the teams above us.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Shift yourselves over to the one for the new season now please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom