Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take 17th?

Would you take 17th?

• Yes

Votes: 245 76.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 77 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically yes. But I’m greedy and want more!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd guess the remit for Lopetegui was to finish at least 17th, in that sense I'd take it. But if we were to fall to 17th from here it'd raise a whole host of concerns about how we'd do in the long run

So no, wouldn't take 17th

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted No partly because I am confident we will do better than that, but mostly because how you finish a season often defines how you perform the season after.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I'd guess the remit for Lopetegui was to finish at least 17th, in that sense I'd take it. But if we were to fall to 17th from here it'd raise a whole host of concerns about how we'd do in the long run

So no, wouldn't take 17th
This is how I feel. We just need to stay up, so 17th means job done. But us finishing 17th means we fall away from how we’ve been doing under Julen, and I don’t wanna see that.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would because of those fine margins we see every week. But I would also say I do detect the determination and tactical awareness that will mean we will likely finish above that line, probably around where we are now which is a fantastic from the inherited position.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No I wouldn’t as I think we’re better.
Besides it might make the difference between getting a new decent striker in - here’s hoping!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As tempting as it would be, I don't think I would. Mainly because it'll mean quite a poor end to the season with very few wins, goals and positive performances. Rather roll the dice and trust Lopetegui and the squad to continue with their improvement. We're in the top half of the league post World Cup. Finishing 17th now would mean a drastic loss of form to the end of the season.
I'm not sure it means that. The bottom of the table is insanely close this year. 5 points between 12 and 20.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Leeds game next week is huge.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think we should and probably will finish higher than 17th, but given the option of a guaranteed 17th against the still not unrealistic chance of relegation, then yes. Would be a bit disappointing but nowhere near as disappointing as relegation

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only would I take but I’d insist that JL accept it too. :)

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knowing this season is the definition of Exquisite Torture: 17th is a case of yes please, thank you very much, goodbye and goodnight!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think we should and probably will finish higher than 17th, but given the option of a guaranteed 17th against the still not unrealistic chance of relegation, then yes. Would be a bit disappointing but nowhere near as disappointing as relegation

Why should we? We’ve been **** all season.

Still quite **** now.

Our recent victories have been somewhat fortuitous:

Liverpool win - score line flattered us, took the lead through an OG, scored a second shortly after through poor defending, held on for dear life then scored on the counter.

Southampton win - needed a ridiculously fortunate OG to pull level with the then worst team in the league.

Spurs win - we were battered in that first half and managed to nick a goal late on.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Still quite **** now.

Liverpool win - score line flattered us, took the lead through an OG, scored a second shortly after through poor defending, held on for dear life then scored on the counter.

Southampton win - needed a ridiculously fortunate OG to pull level with the then worst team in the league.

Spurs win - we were battered in that first half and managed to nick a goal late on.
You've just described Premier league football.

T

TheConcourse

Still quite **** now.

Newcastle away - robbed by a ridiculous refereeing decision.

Fulham away - Raul missed a sitter to take the game away from them.

Works both ways.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely yes. Looking at the number of goals we've scored this season, we'll be lucky to stay up. The season has been a complete mess thanks to Shi/Lage/Sellars so if we can somehow manage to retain our PL status then that's all that matters.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re 13th. JL is learning fast, new players are settling in all the players are getting more used to how JL wants to play, yes we are still in a relegation battle and staying up is the aim but we can improve week by week and do better than just 17th

All true, but i'd still take 17th if we could grab it now. In fact, i'd bite your arm off.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After yesterday, yes, but I still think we will finish higher.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a 100% yes...I always think back to the 01/02 season when at the time we were the clear front runners and was asked "would you take second place if it was offered now", to which I said no as we should be more ambitious...

And so I've learned my lesson..

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
We are in a relegation fight because of Bruno Lage. Lope is trying to put right the damage Lage caused. We’d be 10 points worse off if we hadn’t appointed him. I’d take 17th all day long, move on from this awful season and hopefully improve ready for a fight for a top 6 finsh next season. A cup rum would be lovely too

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i would take 17th on GD. if we hadnt scored late on at everton and at southampton we would be bottom tonight even having beaten spurs and liverpool. this is hard

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
i would take 17th on GD. if we hadnt scored late on at everton and at southampton we would be bottom tonight even having beaten spurs and liverpool. this is hard
But we did so we’re not
If Bournemouth didn’t score goals against us and Liverpool they’d have less points

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 3 possibly 4 wins will do it now. It's close but with so many clubs below us it's unlikely that we will need more than 36 points, not enough of them will get a point a game to leave us under the line.
The problem is I can see us losing the next 2 just to make it difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom