Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take 17th?

Would you take 17th?

• Yes

Votes: 245 76.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 77 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what our expectations are for this season. Opta has us as 5% to go down (down from 67% pre JL), whilst bookies have us approaching 10/1.

Is the goal still survival at all costs, or are we hoping for higher?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
As tempting as it would be, I don't think I would. Mainly because it'll mean quite a poor end to the season with very few wins, goals and positive performances. Rather roll the dice and trust Lopetegui and the squad to continue with their improvement. We're in the top half of the league post World Cup. Finishing 17th now would mean a drastic loss of form to the end of the season.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As interesting as this kind of poll is, it's by definition completely hypothetical, as nothing is ever going to be offered by anybody. All it does is add a bit of spice to the question, 'are we good enough to stay up?' In my view yes, and by a considerable distance. I shall be disappointed if don't finish above 15th.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The primary goal surely has to be to remain in this greed league for all sorts of reasons.
Should safety be then assured, we can then plan for the 23/24 campaign with a better idea of which personnel will still be at Molineux.

As regards position, mid table after such a disastrous start would be a triumph in my book.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I suppose technically yes because that’s what Lopetegui was brought in to do this season, keep us up.

But, I still think we’re better than a number of teams at the bottom. I’m enjoying our games again, and there’s no reason we can’t finish higher than that.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We’re 13th. JL is learning fast, new players are settling in all the players are getting more used to how JL wants to play, yes we are still in a relegation battle and staying up is the aim but we can improve week by week and do better than just 17th

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would if it simply meant that everything stopped now and we prepared for the new season. I wouldn't if it meant we had to play the matches and not know we were staying up until the end, and take the losses as they happened. I'm confident that we'll finish higher than we now are, but not so confident that I wouldn't take certain survival if it was offered.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose technically yes because that’s what Lopetegui was brought in to do this season, keep us up.

But, I still think we’re better than a number of teams at the bottom. I’m enjoying our games again, and there’s no reason we can’t finish higher than that.
As they say, the league never lies. Imho survival is essential. Had we appointed JL at the start of the season I have no doubt we would at least be challenging for top 7. With fit strikers maybe even higher.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
God no - If we finish 17th then our form has crashed and we go into next season struggling to convince our better players to stay, missing out on millions in prize money that the club needs, and less likely to get our transfer targets.

I want us to finish the season looking like a team thats ready to push to qualify for Europe next season

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not even remotely. I wouldn't take 17th - or 16th. Might think about 15th. Would definitely take 14th.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm almost certain we'll finish higher than 17th, but how can you not say yes to guaranteed survival when absolutely anything could still happen. A series of significant injuries for example. It really is just about staying up this year and building from then on.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All day long. Something special is on the horizon but the brief was for JL when he came in was keep this club up. If he does and I am convinced he will then the building blocks are already there for him to take this club to new highs in recent years. He is an elite level manager. For that to be realised we have to stay up so although I’d rather be safe with a game or 3 to spare then yes I’d defo take 17th.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As opposed to 18th of course yes
We are far from safe and until we get to mid 30 points and see where others are we cant get complacent
Im confident we can get another 4/5 wins and survive and really thats all that matters this season
JL was bought in to keep us up this season and improve drastically next,so far so good
Lets get this season done and see where the summer takes us,the overhaul has started i just hope JL is given the funds to complete it

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Who cares if we finish 13th or 17th. You can say it gives us a bit more money but fans really don't care. Survival then we can try and crack on next season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As interesting as this kind of poll is, it's by definition completely hypothetical, as nothing is ever going to be offered by anybody. All it does is add a bit of spice to the question, 'are we good enough to stay up?' In my view yes, and by a considerable distance. I shall be disappointed if don't finish above 15th.
This is true but by that logic we are all just a gaggle of message board folk whose opinions are nice but irrelevant!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
No way would take 17th. We will finish well above 17th. Such a defeatist attitude to take 17.

And it does matter whether we finish 17th or mid table. Finishing mid table means we will have good form going into next season. We will have a very good season next season.

StratWWFC

Reaction score
It would be really really bad to finish 17th l, obviously it means staying up but it also means that we dropped off ridiculously after this point of our season, now it's the time to be looking up, we have newcastle, palace, forest and Leeds coming up, need to start looking up with games like these coming up if we want to progress further

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s have a good end to the season and will allow a positive feel over the summer and start to next season.

The way results are going we should end up mid table which is madness to say after that 4-0 leceistwr beating

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stay up this season and we’ll be flying next season with Julen in charge.
This.

17th would mean a poorer set of results between now and the end of the season and also a whole load of anx which I can’t cope with when it comes to me babbies.

I think we’ll be more than comfortable and I’m going for 14th or 15th as a finish.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth leading Liverpool at the moment. Have never known a season where it was so difficult to predict results. Form seems to mean nothing. You cannot write anyone off. As Julien said, we have achieved nothing yet. Cannot breath easy until we are mathematically safe. Would definitely take 17th. There is a long way to go with many twists and turns.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
While I feel confident we can/will finish higher. I'd still take 17th now. End the season and give Julen as long as possible to work on the plan for next season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just stay up. Anything else is a bonus, but relegation would be a disaster; players would leave, Loppy would leave and the 'project' would be back to square 1.
Bournemouth are showing that despite us looking relatively safe; we are not. Let's get to 38 - 40 points as soon as possible, but if that is only on the last day of the season, so be it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t accept 17th. today………but, who knows, maybe I might be glad of it if the next several games go sideways.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course. I think we’ll be higher up the table but a couple of injuries, bad luck and inevitable crap refereeing could have a big impact. Throw in other teams picking up points and 17th would be job done and bring on next season, in the PL.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would you accept 17th next season? If not why would you accept it this?

As the poster has said 17th now would mean a dreadful drop off in form and wouldn't bode at all well for next season.

We need to carry on improving if we have any hopes for next season.

17th is of course the aim and I'd take it, but would I accept it, would Julen accept the squad downing tools to an extent?

The wheels have fell off for Newcastle and we have a great chance tomorrow after matching them earlier in the season, we should be hunting down the Villa now.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you accept 17th next season? If not why would you accept it this?

As the poster has said 17th now would mean a dreadful drop off in form and wouldn't bode at all well for next season.

We need to carry on improving if we have any hopes for next season.

17th is of course the aim and I'd take it, but would I accept it, would Julen accept the squad downing tools to an extent?

The wheels have fell off for Newcastle and we have a great chance tomorrow after matching them earlier in the season, we should be hunting down the Villa now.
The big difference is irrespective of what happens this season we should start next with some strikers worthy of the description. That alone should make a huge difference.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe we will get >40pts maybe 45, but this season is over in terms of silverware; yet I believe it can realistically look forward with some optimism for next year and if successful a couple of years beyond - but little or nothing if we don't survive in the Pl this year. So, yes, I'd take 17th place.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take 17th stopping up is all that matters.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe we will get >40pts maybe 45, but this season is over in terms of silverware; yet I believe it can realistically look forward with some optimism for next year and if successful a couple of years beyond - but little or nothing if we don't survive in the Pl this year. So, yes, I'd take 17th place.
17th is the minimum required tbh. If we can finish 12th, which we could be by tomorrow, that will be a decent position for JL to start his summer player negotiations. Assuming we will see a pretty new side next season we need all the best players we can attract, certainly a CF!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I would definitely take a 17th place as we would 100% avoid relegation, I still hope for a 14th or 15th place !! :)

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have gone no given the fixtures we have left. Leeds Forest Everton palace villa should get us to at least 40 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom