Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Burnley. The verdict.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another contender for the worst moment of the season. There was the Jota sale, Jimenez injury, Albion defeat and fa cup team selection. You will all have your lowest point, it just seems harder to take after three good seasons.
Oh but that was such a good bit of business, as was Doherty for Semedo....

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to like Jose. Today RAN played on long ball in the air forwards whilst under pressure. Jose ran beyond the Burnley player hoping he was going to miss it. That very, very, very rarely happens. He didn't. Jose just appeared to sulk.
Get rid now
Yep first half, ball played to the centre circle. He just couldn't be ***** to fight for the ball.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s lost the plot.

Given some of the younger players (Kilman, Otasowie) game time and they’ve not done much wrong, to ditch them back to the bench and disregard them. That’s not going to help with development or morale. Why’s he done this? They’re not Portuguese is my betting. Sorry to have to say that but I really think it’s the truth.
How else can you explain a player who has been self isolating for two weeks with Covid, going straight into the team? It's simply bonkers!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How else can you explain a player who has been self isolating for two weeks with Covid, going straight into the team? It's simply bonkers!
Absolutely. It’s not as though it was a crucial game. We’re safe so try things out.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarcasm? If not you should be ashamed of yourself. I completely get the upset, but 'he's ****ing ***.'? Criticise performances by all means, but that above is disgusting, as well as nonsense. I'll look forward to you posting the evidence which shows that he 'loves being turned inside out, week in, week out.'
If you want to read some sarcasm then jump over to the "why should we keep Nuno" thread. In the meantime, here's one of Coady's favourite tunes for you:

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have gone with Otasowie and Vitinha. Nopes, start the ****ing old faithful. The guy has just lost his mind, stands there scratching his beard hoping it’s all going to get better.

Now he’s lost ‘nailed on Moutinho’, he’s ****ed.

Riffardwolf

Reaction score
In even this abysmal season this has to be one of the most embarassing displays I can remember. Burnley wanted it, our boys were so half-hearted, so lacking in even basic skills, so apathetic....I could go on. Burnley, fourth from bottom of the league with only 13 goals away all season, having lost their past three games, scored four and should have scored seven or eight. Wood the first, first half hatrick away from home in the Premier league since Michael Owen in 1998.

Every single player dreadful. Some worse than dreadful No pride, no passion even in the second half when you expected some kind of a response. Very poor tactical moves from Nuno in response but then our bench is so weak and inexperienced. Yes we have had many injuries but so have a lot of other clubs. Our play has lacked all creativity/adventure and we score so few. Mid table apathy? - well if so then Nuno is simply not doing his motivational job. Truly embarassing and I am sick of people turning to Jimenez's injury as an excuse. Nuno better gear them up properly for West Brom because another bad defeat and his position will look very insecure sadly. Our defence was an absolute shambles today.

From the stupidity of selling Jota onwards the club and Nuno and the players have made mistake after mistake. Bad signings or potential signings and four steps backward from last season. I love Nuno and would keep him definitely but surely he needs to look in the mirror. This is not a one off and at times Sheff U and Fulham looked better than us despite our two narrow wins recently. How many matches this season have been so poor?

Shake up needed in the summer and at least five new oven- ready players needed to insert into the first team picture. Traore, Podence, Saiss, Gibbs-White, Kilman probably leaving. Jose definitely not being signed - Vitinha and Ait Nouri only being signed if the current fees quoted are slashed. Cutrone, Mir, Vinagre, Sanderson and a few others to depart. Minimum of two new attackers, two new midfielders, a centre back and perhaps a left back plus reserve goalie needed.Minimum.

Patricio 5
Ait Nouri 6
Boly 5
Coady 5
Saiss 4
Semedo 5
Neves 5
Dendoncker 4
Traore 5
Jose 3
Podence 3

Silva 4
Vitinha 4
Gibbs-White 4

Looking forward, Moutinho is 35 next season, Jiminez will take time to get back to his best. Neto out till November , Jonny till New Year, Boly and Saiss missing in January for African Nations Cup. Strong recruitment needed.

In ATTACK: Silva is still miles off and sick of people trying to hype him up. He was awful again today. Time may be on his side but he should be nowhere near the first team for now. Jose - hopeless. He has a negative body language and the Premier League does not suit him - no presence at all on the field. Thank goodness we are not obliged to buy him. Podence can be a clever footballer but looks too lightweight for the Premier League. Traore - our only danger man these days but at least three crap crosses again today and no goal threat. Can we get £40m for him? Not if he keeps playing like today. Jimenez and Neto supplemented by two new attackers - one a Vincius type the other out wide all rounder like Trincao.

Neves off colour but obviously keep and make captain. Needs a couple of classy midfielders to join him with Dendoncker in reserve and Moutinho on the subs bench and then in coaching role.

Defence - even Boly looked poor today and he is the mainstay of the defence. Love Coady but if we play 4 at the back he is a liability and rather slow and weak in the air. Sub for me next season. Saiss probably time to go. He has been great for us but I think he has peaked and needs to move on. Kilman I like but for some reason Nuno has taken against him.

Ait-Nouri 50:50 - can attack well at times but needs to sort out his defensive duties. £20m is a lot for such a young rough diamond. £15m perhaps. Semedo has improved but for £30m plus has this been a wise purchase?

Patricio has had a mixed season and not at his best but perfectly alright for now although he needs stronger competition.

Youngsters like Otasowie need to go out on loan if Nuno doesn't trust them.....

What an awful afternoon!
This. Just this. Well said that man

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If todays display is all about Nuno wanting to go , he best go now.
Otherwise could he please show some emotion and fight, because we cant go in to the summer break playing like this and expect to return to a new positive season. .

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep first half, ball played to the centre circle. He just couldn't be ***** to fight for the ball.
i think he looks a liability when he helps in defence, seems flat footed in attack, looks so out of place in this team, he will be soon off thank goodness,

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still can't get my head around the fact that people have watched us all season and still come away thinking the players are the problem.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still can't get my head around the fact that people have watched us all season and still come away thinking the players are the problem.
But they are the large part of the problem.
Players like Patricio, Coady, Boly and Saiss were playing a lot better in the first half of the season than they are now.
Same goes for Dendonker and Neves.
Can't blame it all on Nuno and the coaches.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players need competition for places. Injuries and reticence to play youngsters has taken that away. Nuno needs to let go a bit as well as be more attacking. We used to press teams but now we just sit around our own box - it's awful.

These are not bad players but several are woefully and understandably out of form. We're not getting relegated so now we need to do something different to freshen things up.

This talk of having to replace half the team is nonsense. Players need resting (dropping) and nuno needs to persist with 442 or sort 532 out so we use our fullbacks properly. With doherty/jonny we knew exactly how we'd play. This season that's disappeared completely.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People have been calling this a ‘transition’ season, but it feels like we need another tbh. I thought the first half against West Ham was bad, but we managed to put in a 90 minute performance here. This squad needs a serious rebuild in the summer. After watching that today I don’t think I’d be particularly fussed to see the likes of Coady, Dendoncker, Saiss, Podence and Jose moved on. No fight, zero effort and no real quality. Simply terrible in defence, midfield and attack. What a combo.

Nuno is serving up Solbakken esque stuff. I’m starting to edge towards 50/50 that he should stay in charge to lead this rebuild tbh. Far too many completely unacceptable performances this season, but this one took the absolute ****. A laughing stock on national tv, with the commentators creaming themselves over ****ing Burnley, and sniggering at us and our £30 million plus signings.

Lose badly on Monday and I dread to imagine the fallout. They turned up today looking like they’d been out on the **** all Saturday night.

Last edited:

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just read this..

Burnley ran 6km more than Wolves today. The biggest margin between any PL team in a single game this season.

That to me is lack of pride and effort.
Great stat. It did seem our players had lead in there boots, just seemed to be shuffling around being second to every ball.
Every single one of them.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 6k extra, the difference, what the hell happened yesterday? We looked like we’d just given up to be honest, a truly desperate performance and by far the worst under Nuno’s tenure.

We need a huge reaction on Monday.

D

Deleted member 5340

The biggest thing I saw from the players on that pitch yesterday, I can only describe as apathy... And when that's allowed to set in to a team or an individual in any walk of life, for whatever reason, things tend to go only one way...you're bang in trouble.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lethargy was pretty shocking yesterday. I heard a couple of interviews with Saiss before the match about how he manages to play during Ramadan. I said to my dad during the game that it looks like the whole team is doing Ramadan this year as they all seemed to lack any sort of energy.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the hell do we have 41 points.
It really is amazing. We have not controlled a single game from start to finish (that I can think of).

Arsenal at home could easily have been a 0-5 defeat had we not had some outrageous luck. That was a huge break for us this season. There have been many games where we haven't really deserved a point and a few where we haven't deserved all three points.

I guess that balances out the outrageous bad luck that we've had with injuries.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive waited for 24hrs to make any kind of assesment,as i was so down after that show yesterday
Jose,Boly,Traore,Podence,Saiss were abject the rest no better really
Neves perhaps had an excuse after being thrown in after covid,and RAN, Semedo, Coadyand Donk at least tried for part of the game,

I wont even try to give scores no one would be above a 4 and most would be 1 at best and that hurts
No passion,no effort,no skill even in the second half when Burnley were coasting we couldnt mount a single serious effort

Nuno then comes out with "attitude was not the problem",well if it wasnt then we are in real trouble as he has lost the dressing room
He states individual errors,poor defending,poor attacking,lack of mobility,all true but that surely has to be lack of the will to win,ATTITUDE ffs
I have defended Nuno and dont want him gone but those comments make it very hard to stick by him

We have the basis of a good team and a couple of good signings could turn us around i really do believe that,but for me Traore, Jose, Podence need to go, Boly, Saiss and Donk are border line, and i know its harsh on some, but yesterday showed me they are not the players they were and we need better

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday reaffirms what many of us have been saying for a while - we need some nasty *******s on the pitch.

Burnley bullied us silly yesterday and we just allowed it to happen.

Whatever the coaching staff may say, that lack of leadership on the pitch is there for all to see..

It's no surprise that we have gone into a 3-0 defect so many times this season - we lack the mental strength to arrest a slide.

Combative central midfielder required with a Keane esque attitude

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
I am a Newbie on here but not a newbie Wolves fan. I put out a post some little while ago that we were fishing in the wrong pool for our new players. Several more knowledgable fans than me laughed at my comments and quoted one or two star performance from the national pool.
After looking at this season as a whole just as Farage said they are not laughing now.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffled by how Nuno can say how attitude played no part in yesterday’s defeat? I thought Burnley’s was excellent, whilst our was utterly pathetic. There was plenty of poor decision making, but no-one watching that could surely argue that we looked up for a scrap and wanted it. Honestly it was like watching us play towards the end of solbakkens reign.

Nuno should be dishing out some serious *******s today, if he’s not then it’s no wonder we look completely half *****?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am a Newbie on here but not a newbie Wolves fan. I put out a post some little while ago that we were fishing in the wrong pool for our new players. Several more knowledgable fans than me laughed at my comments and quoted one or two star performance from the national pool.
After looking at this season as a whole just as Farage said they are not laughing now.
Sorry but anyone who quotes that individual immediately loses any credibility.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffled by how Nuno can say how attitude played no part in yesterday’s defeat? I thought Burnley’s was excellent, whilst our was utterly pathetic. There was plenty of poor decision making, but no-one watching that could surely argue that we looked up for a scrap and wanted it. Honestly it was like watching us play towards the end of solbakkens reign.

Nuno should be dishing out some serious *******s today, if he’s not then it’s no wonder we look completely half *****?
I would hope that what he has to say publicly (i.e. not doing a Mourinho and selling his players down the river) and what he has to say to them in private are quite different.

Re your last para l agree that yesterday was unacceptable and that that fact needs to be made very clear, whatever the reasons, to the players.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Out thought and outfought - it appeared as though only one team was interested in the result. It was very sad to watch.

BigSteve

Reaction score
At this stage in the season I would always expect a team that needs the points to outfight a team in midtable obscurity. No surprises there really.

But we were dire...completely abject.

They all desperately need a break and to regroup. Time to give some fringe players more of a run.

Substantial squad refresh is needed (but not expected) this summer. Otherwise, I can't see what's going to catalyse a change from within this squad.

Last edited:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder with all the serious injuries a subconscious mindset developed specially since we are near as possible safe.

We don't want any long term injuries just go through the motions, add this to all the other stuff said.

Just a thought..

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder with all the serious injuries a subconscious mindset developed specially since we are near as possible safe.

We don't want any long term injuries just go through the motions, add this to all the bother stuff said.

Just a thought..
Not impossible, particularly with so many internationals in the squad and the Euros coming up.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We don't want any long term injuries just go through the motions, add this to all the other stuff said.

Just a thought..

If that is the case, then drop them. Let someone play who wants to play. That's why other teams we have a squad.

Back
Top Bottom