Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Burnley. The verdict.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to that "they ran 6km more than us" stat? Can't find it anywhere.

If that's true - and with an outfield player running around 10km to 11km in a game, that effectively means that had half a man advantage for the whole game.

More than 24 hours later and I'm still bloody angry. Seriously, the goals. What were we doing?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that is the case, then drop them. Let someone play who wants to play. That's why other teams we have a squad.

If my thoughts are on the right track that mindset will spread through the squad and the manager and coaching staff.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Sheriff Woody Verdict Thread in association with Guide Dogs For The Blind.

Top performances by the lads, up and at ‘em didn’t give the opposition any space or time on the ball and covered the ground tremendously well. Defensively solid, midfield pass and move. The full backs pushed on nicely, overlapping and creating overloads and the forwards ran them ragged.

But that’s enough about Burnley.

I’ve seen a lot of **** in my time as a Wolves fan, for many years it was almost exclusively ****. Sometimes it was us finding new and imaginative ways of not succeeding or grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. By and large though the disappointment was dampened by the acknowledgement that most of the time those donning the gold and black were mediocre at best. There was a certain amount of acceptance.

Yesterday though was pitiful beyond belief. I can remember being 5 nil down at home Barnsley in the early 90’s, Stancliffe scored that ridiculous own goal and Barnsley (yes Barnsley) carved through us like a chainsaw through Blancmange. That wasn’t as bad as yesterday for the simple fact that those being humiliated by a northern team beginning with B just weren’t very good in general.

A team full of internationals, I don’t think we had a player on the pitch who hadn’t represented his country at some point in his career (whether it be full, u21, u18 etc) getting absolutely humped by Burnley. There’s no finer sight than watching players of the ilk of Jack Cork, Ashley Westwood, Matt Lawton, Josh Brownhill, Ben Mee, Charlie Taylor and Matej Vydra looking like they could play for the Brazil 1970 side whilst our lot just stand about looking bewildered.

3 nil down at home in the first half and our only tactic is to pass it about at the back?!? Are you ****ing kidding me.

The absolute lack of urgency, desire of professional pride displayed by all of them yesterday, both those on the pitch and those dressed up like the Grim Reaper looking on passively, was embarrassing...... and they did it live on terrestrial tv. None of them looked like they were overly bothered, none of them looked like they cared. ****ing disappointing from this group of players. I expect better from them.

Patricio - In a way I feel sorry for him having to be the last man whilst the 10 in front of him just allow the opposition all the time and space they want..... but frankly I’d expect a goalkeeper of his ilk to at least get something on Wood’s first. I’d expect him to put up more of a fight for the cross that led to the 3rd. Yes he was blocked off but at least pretend you’re trying.

Semedo - On a hiding to nothing up against McNeill with absolutely no support in front of him, alongside him or behind him. Got up and down the line a few times. Was left flatfooted for the 2nd when Traore decided to inexplicably roll the ball in his general direction. Substituted.

Ait-Nouri - ****ing hell we miss Jonny don’t we? Got forward a couple of times, shoved some crosses to nobody. Defensively meh. Can’t see that he’s an upgrade on Vinagre.

Saïss - ****e but probably the best of a bad bunch. Got dispossessed for their 4th. Just ****ing kick it out.

Coady - Bullied by Wood................. again. Played some lovely 2 yard sideways passes in the 93rd minute though.

Boly - The footballing equivalent of Lenny from Of Mice and Men returned with devastating results. Absolutely thick as mince this lad sometimes. Got caught out at 0-0 by trying to head it back to Patrício with all the power of a silk scarf being thrown to the ground before just about recovering. About a minute later decides to duck away from one and Wood scores. What has happened to him?

Dendoncker - Played like he was wearing deep sea diving boots and being forced to run through treacle. Crap beyond words and part of a dynamic midfield duo that probably would’ve made Lee Evans and George Saville look like Zinedine Zidane and Lothar Matthaus.

Neves - Like a **** Darren Ferguson........ and if you ever saw Ferguson play you’d know what an insult that was. Substituted for being toss.

Podence - Never seen anybody get so confused between gold and black and claret and blue. Genuinely cannot remember a single occasion where one of his passes went to one of our players. Looked like he hadn’t got a clue what he was doing. As for that dive that kicked off the melee, what a fanny. Also substituted for being toss.

Traore - Fast isn’t he?......... When he can be bothered, which was a grand total of once about a minute after he nearly got sent off. **** ball for Semedo for their 2nd, made worse by waving his arms around afterwards. 2nd half after Semedo went off he put in some of the worst crosses I’ve ever seen a professional football do. Once is a mistake but after that it’s just incompetence. Looked bored, sulky and just lazy.

Willian Jose - A human road cone.

I’m a big Nuno fan, I love the guy but yesterday was unforgivable. Where has the fire gone, where the Nuno from Bristol City away? He just stood there in that ****ing ridiculous coat looking like he wanted to be anywhere else. Passive. Didn’t even look angry. If I later found out he’d smoked a load of spice before the game and was just incapacitated I wouldn’t have been surprised.

His interview after the game was Lambert-esque too. Be accountable and be honest.

There’s a lot of work to do in the summer. I hope it’s Nuno that does it and he makes a success of it but we can’t be having any more of that rat **** served up yesterday.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Top performances by the lads, up and at ‘em didn’t give the opposition any space or time on the ball and covered the ground tremendously well. Defensively solid, midfield pass and move. The full backs pushed on nicely, overlapping and creating overloads and the forwards ran them ragged.

I’ve seen a lot of **** in my time as a Wolves fan, for many years it was almost exclusively ****. Sometimes it was us finding new and imaginative ways of not succeeding or grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. By and large though the disappointment was dampened by the acknowledgement that most of the time those donning the gold and black were mediocre at best. There was a certain amount of acceptance.

Yesterday though was pitiful beyond belief. I can remember being 5 nil down at home Barnsley in the early 90’s, Stancliffe scored that ridiculous own goal and Barnsley (yes Barnsley) carved through us like a chainsaw through Blancmange. That wasn’t as bad as yesterday for the simple fact that those being humiliated by a northern team beginning with B just weren’t very good in general.

A team full of internationals, I don’t think we had a player on the pitch who hadn’t represented his country at some point in his career (whether it be full, u21, u18 etc) getting absolutely humped by Burnley. There’s no finer sight than watching players of the ilk of Jack Cork, Ashley Westwood, Matt Lawton, Josh Brownhill, Ben Mee, Charlie Taylor and Matej Vydra looking like they could play for the Brazil 1970 side whilst our lot just stand about looking bewildered.

3 nil down at home in the first half and our only tactic is to pass it about at the back?!? Are you ****ing kidding me.

The absolute lack of urgency, desire of professional pride displayed by all of them yesterday, both those on the pitch and those dressed up like the Grim Reaper looking on passively, was embarrassing...... and they did it live on terrestrial tv. None of them looked like they were overly bothered, none of them looked like they cared. ****ing disappointing from this group of players. I expect better from them.

Patricio - In a way I feel sorry for him having to be the last man whilst the 10 in front of him just allow the opposition all the time and space they want..... but frankly I’d expect a goalkeeper of his ilk to at least get something on Wood’s first. I’d expect him to put up more of a fight for the cross that led to the 3rd. Yes he was blocked off but at least pretend you’re trying.

Semedo - On a hiding to nothing up against McNeill with absolutely no support in front of him, alongside him or behind him. Got up and down the line a few times. Was left flatfooted for the 2nd when Traore decided to inexplicably roll the ball in his general direction. Substituted.

Ait-Nouri - ****ing hell we miss Jonny don’t we? Got forward a couple of times, shoved some crosses to nobody. Defensively meh. Can’t see that he’s an upgrade on Vinagre.

Saïss - ****e but probably the best of a bad bunch. Got dispossessed for their 4th. Just ****ing kick it out.

Coady - Bullied by Wood................. again. Played some lovely 2 yard sideways passes in the 93rd minute though.

Boly - The footballing equivalent of Lenny from Of Mice and Men returned with devastating results. Absolutely thick as mince this lad sometimes. Got caught out at 0-0 by trying to head it back to Patrício with all the power of a silk scarf being thrown to the ground before just about recovering. About a minute later decides to duck away from one and Wood scores. What has happened to him?

Dendoncker - Played like he was wearing deep sea diving boots and being forced to run through treacle. Crap beyond words and part of a dynamic midfield duo that probably would’ve made Lee Evans and George Saville look like Zinedine Zidane and Lothar Matthaus.

Neves - Like a **** Darren Ferguson........ and if you ever saw Ferguson play you’d know what an insult that was. Substituted for being toss.

Podence - Never seen anybody get so confused between gold and black and claret and blue. Genuinely cannot remember a single occasion where one of his passes went to one of our players. Looked like he hadn’t got a clue what he was doing. As for that dive that kicked off the melee, what a fanny. Also substituted for being toss.

Traore - Fast isn’t he?......... When he can be bothered, which was a grand total of once about a minute after he nearly got sent off. **** ball for Semedo for their 2nd, made worse by waving his arms around afterwards. 2nd half after Semedo went off he put in some of the worst crosses I’ve ever seen a professional football do. Once is a mistake but after that it’s just incompetence. Looked bored, sulky and just lazy.

I’m a big Nuno fan, I love the guy but yesterday was unforgivable. Where has the fire gone, where the Nuno from Bristol City away? He just stood there in that ****ing ridiculous coat looking like he wanted to be anywhere else. Passive. Didn’t even look angry. If I later found out he’d smoked a load of spice before the game and was just incapacitated I wouldn’t have been surprised.

His interview after the game was Lambert-esque too. Be accountable and be honest.

There’s a lot of work to do in the summer. I hope it’s Nuno that does it and he makes a success of it but we can’t be having any more of that rat **** served up yesterday.
Not too impressed then? Guess on my part...

Frankly the wheels on the bus have not gone round for a long time. Nuno is a very decent human being but sentiment can’t cloud judgment. We have been awful (about 3 or 4 games, or half games excluded) for at least 12 months. Playing badly I can accept but playing without desire or effort is totally inexcusable. Nuno is in charge of this total shambles and for whatever reason seems to have lost whatever he had. From king of the road to end of the road. What a shame.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Human road cone - comment of the season!

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Completely agree. Well written!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cant argue with anything you said there,good post

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To a degree I can understand supporters frustration after the performance on Sunday.

However, if I was a Burnley supporter I would be asking the question, " If we can play like that,why are we languishing near the bottom of the Premier League. Have the players not been giving 100%?"

Their style of play and physicality,recently has caused us problems.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To a degree I can understand supporters frustration after the performance on Sunday.

However, if I was a Burnley supporter I would be asking the question, " If we can play like that,why are we languishing near the bottom of the Premier League. Have the players not been giving 100%?"

Their style of play and physicality,recently has caused us problems.
Its easy to beat a team that is going through the motions

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
shutterstock_5885876aa.jpg

The media department are just testing the equipment for the follow-up event planned for Monday night.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last Sunday non performance, I was expecting our coaching staff and players, would agree to give their wages for that match, to the Wolves foundation as they do not deserve any payment for that non performance.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to that "they ran 6km more than us" stat? Can't find it anywhere.

If that's true - and with an outfield player running around 10km to 11km in a game, that effectively means that had half a man advantage for the whole game.

More than 24 hours later and I'm still bloody angry. Seriously, the goals. What were we doing?
Mate I'm still fuming and trying to calm down.

The amount of messages I've written and forced myself to delete is horrendous

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too impressed then? Guess on my part...

Frankly the wheels on the bus have not gone round for a long time. Nuno is a very decent human being but sentiment can’t cloud judgment. We have been awful (about 3 or 4 games, or half games excluded) for at least 12 months. Playing badly I can accept but playing without desire or effort is totally inexcusable. Nuno is in charge of this total shambles and for whatever reason seems to have lost whatever he had. From king of the road to end of the road. What a shame.
Furthermore, I am not convinced that Nuno is any more bothered than the players.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That is a great post Sheriff.

It sums up everything I have been feeling for the last 2 days and will still be feeling by the weekend! Gutted, embarrassed and bewildered are 3 words going round my head and my God they all owe us a performance next Monday and for the rest of the season. Anything less and heads must surely roll!

I still can’t believe we played so awfully. For a team full of internationals it was inexcusable!

Contrada Lupa

Reaction score
Yes the defence was dire as everyone knows but I think the forward three are at least equally culpable. If they held the ball up and managed to pass to one another we wouldn't be under pressure at the back the whole game. They basically started all of Burnley's best attacking moves!

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes the defence was dire as everyone knows but I think the forward three are at least equally culpable. If they held the ball up and managed to pass to one another we wouldn't be under pressure at the back the whole game. They basically started all of Burnley's best attacking moves!
Pass it one another? That’s an idea. I’ll email Nuno….

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now that is what I call a post and from the heart!

Back
Top Bottom