Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Burnley. The verdict.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the first goal went in I didn't even get mad, I've gotten to a point now where I've just come to expect it sadly.

But to concede four and lose the way we have to Burnley is well and truly unforgivable
And your first paragraph sums it all up...... when you are no longer supposed to concede first as it is habitual something needs to change. But the man by his own admission has said he can’t find the answers......

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict?

Unacceptable.I feel a little bit ashamed as a supporter.

Music?

"On The Beach"..Chris Rea.

D

Deleted member 4184

Rui - 6
Semedo - 3
Saiss - 2
Coady - 3
Boly - 2
RAN - 7
Neves - 4
Dendoncker - 1
Podence - 1
Traore - 2
Jose - 1

Silva -6
Vitinha- 6
MGW -6

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiting for the usual platitudes from Nuno!

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful

the team selection is just a complete joke .

There is no idea how to play football when we play 3 at the back. Our strategy is to give it to traore to run at 6 players and hope something happens.

we can’t even take ****ing throw ins

we have nothing to play for and he plays like that?

There is not one reason why Nuno should stay at our club .

ashame it’s ended this way for him, but frankly embarrasing for him.

If we lost 4 0 playing 4 at the back people could perhaps accept it. But playing 5 at back and losing 4 0 to burnley and getting completely outplayed surely has to be curtains for him

I was in support 2 games ago - but not one excuse for setting up like this now
But we have played like that for the majority of the season. Today we played a team who took their chances and punished us for
It.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s an incredible shame that Nuno, even now, can’t mix it up a bit. Playing the same ****e week in week out is just shameful.

Zero miles an hour football, constantly passing square and backward. A long forward pass to Traore for him to **** about beating two defenders twice to either kick it at their heels or put it in row Z.

Was anyone playing on the left of the pitch today? One trick ponies with players that aren’t good enough.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In even this abysmal season this has to be one of the most embarassing displays I can remember. Burnley wanted it, our boys were so half-hearted, so lacking in even basic skills, so apathetic....I could go on. Burnley, fourth from bottom of the league with only 13 goals away all season, having lost their past three games, scored four and should have scored seven or eight. Wood the first, first half hatrick away from home in the Premier league since Michael Owen in 1998.

Every single player dreadful. Some worse than dreadful No pride, no passion even in the second half when you expected some kind of a response. Very poor tactical moves from Nuno in response but then our bench is so weak and inexperienced. Yes we have had many injuries but so have a lot of other clubs. Our play has lacked all creativity/adventure and we score so few. Mid table apathy? - well if so then Nuno is simply not doing his motivational job. Truly embarassing and I am sick of people turning to Jimenez's injury as an excuse. Nuno better gear them up properly for West Brom because another bad defeat and his position will look very insecure sadly. Our defence was an absolute shambles today.

From the stupidity of selling Jota onwards the club and Nuno and the players have made mistake after mistake. Bad signings or potential signings and four steps backward from last season. I love Nuno and would keep him definitely but surely he needs to look in the mirror. This is not a one off and at times Sheff U and Fulham looked better than us despite our two narrow wins recently. How many matches this season have been so poor?

Shake up needed in the summer and at least five new oven- ready players needed to insert into the first team picture. Traore, Podence, Saiss, Gibbs-White, Kilman probably leaving. Jose definitely not being signed - Vitinha and Ait Nouri only being signed if the current fees quoted are slashed. Cutrone, Mir, Vinagre, Sanderson and a few others to depart. Minimum of two new attackers, two new midfielders, a centre back and perhaps a left back plus reserve goalie needed.Minimum.

Patricio 5
Ait Nouri 6
Boly 5
Coady 5
Saiss 4
Semedo 5
Neves 5
Dendoncker 4
Traore 5
Jose 3
Podence 3

Silva 4
Vitinha 4
Gibbs-White 4

Looking forward, Moutinho is 35 next season, Jiminez will take time to get back to his best. Neto out till November , Jonny till New Year, Boly and Saiss missing in January for African Nations Cup. Strong recruitment needed.

In ATTACK: Silva is still miles off and sick of people trying to hype him up. He was awful again today. Time may be on his side but he should be nowhere near the first team for now. Jose - hopeless. He has a negative body language and the Premier League does not suit him - no presence at all on the field. Thank goodness we are not obliged to buy him. Podence can be a clever footballer but looks too lightweight for the Premier League. Traore - our only danger man these days but at least three crap crosses again today and no goal threat. Can we get £40m for him? Not if he keeps playing like today. Jimenez and Neto supplemented by two new attackers - one a Vincius type the other out wide all rounder like Trincao.

Neves off colour but obviously keep and make captain. Needs a couple of classy midfielders to join him with Dendoncker in reserve and Moutinho on the subs bench and then in coaching role.

Defence - even Boly looked poor today and he is the mainstay of the defence. Love Coady but if we play 4 at the back he is a liability and rather slow and weak in the air. Sub for me next season. Saiss probably time to go. He has been great for us but I think he has peaked and needs to move on. Kilman I like but for some reason Nuno has taken against him.

Ait-Nouri 50:50 - can attack well at times but needs to sort out his defensive duties. £20m is a lot for such a young rough diamond. £15m perhaps. Semedo has improved but for £30m plus has this been a wise purchase?

Patricio has had a mixed season and not at his best but perfectly alright for now although he needs stronger competition.

Youngsters like Otasowie need to go out on loan if Nuno doesn't trust them.....

What an awful afternoon!

Last edited:

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno interview

Nuno: "Very bad performance. Too many things (went wrong), hard to explain. Bad defending, not the right decisions under pressure, Burnley pressed us, we didn't have movement to go out of that pressure. We defended very bad every time."

"I will not go by mentality or character, we are the same players and staff as last week. It's about not taking the right decisions. It's not to do with the attitude."

Today is not the path they should take. I will not allow it.

"It was a tough day. We did many mistakes we shouldn't do. I'm disappointed with many, many things. Everybody was without mobility."

D

Deleted member 11157

Probably the worst Wolves line-up since Nuno took over.

Podence, Vitinha, Jose and MGW - Not good enough.

Semedo is a 1 in 4

Boly / Coady look mentally exhausted

Poor sods restricted on which beaches they can go to in a few weeks time.

D

Deleted member 11332

"I will not go by mentality or character, we are the same players and staff as last week. It's about not taking the right decisions. It's not to do with the attitude."

No idea what this bit even means bar the last sentence.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno interview

Nuno: "Very bad performance. Too many things (went wrong), hard to explain. Bad defending, not the right decisions under pressure, Burnley pressed us, we didn't have movement to go out of that pressure. We defended very bad every time."

Today is not the path they should take. I will not allow it.

"It was a tough day. We did many mistakes we shouldn't do. I'm disappointed with many, many things. Everybody was without mobility."
To me...... this all lies at his door....

Has he learned nothing from three seasons of playing Burnley or only getting one win in 6 games against them? Does he even watch their match tape?

he motivates the players and gets them ready to play and if they aren’t showing the effort his Job is to make them or take them off.... he didn’t do that till it was way too late.

And to say it wasn’t down to attitude is ****ing terrifying!!!! That was totally down to attitude and to either not see it or to be honest with the fans is *******s. Grow a pair nuno and chew someone out, make a big name sweat for their future...... come on man show some ****ing fight rather than stroking your ****ing beard in silence!!!!!

the bloke is done..... if he keeps being out fought by dinosaurs and can’t fix the problem or set us up to at least impose our will
For 5/10 minutes then he is a busted flush and simply not good enough to take us forward.

people forget that a lot of the issues Arsenal have now with their squad and it’s mentality is down to wenger staying too long. We can’t let keeping nuno because it’s nuno make his replacements job impossible like it was for Emery replacing wenger at Arsenal.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can blame the players for having off days but lack of effort, tempo and passion comes down to the manager. Big calls need to be made over the next few weeks. If we are safe, experiment with new tactics at least it shows everyone you are preparing for next year. I didn’t watch the game today but that is typical of the **** we have come to expect this year under the leadership of a manager who has lost his love for the project.
I ask everyone on here, if we transition to 4 at the back for next season do you trust nuno to implement it and take us further with it......... I’m sorry NO!!!
I have been known to fly off the handle with him this season but when the words identity, shape, ideas our solutions come up now I just think “ you have lost it mate” I know this year is a bad year for injuries but that’s the idea of having a competitive squad that can slot in when needed. Today was a nothing game for us and we should be safe but We shouldn’t excuse the fact that 0 effort and heart is inexcusable in any game from the players and the manager. If you can’t motivate your team then leave, my guess is if there were fans in the stadiums this year he would of been sacked. Again i can understand players having off days but a full squad with 0 motivation Is solely in the hands of the manager.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes seems like the rest of our defence are being thrown under the bus in order to let boly have his best position.
Yes he is better on the left than the right. But being right footed he is the better option on the right. Saiss has always struggled there.

Has Boly ever been tested in a back 4!?

Boly has never been crowbarred into left wingback like Saiss and killman have. God: even Bennet was made to play right wingback a time or two.

If we are building a team around boly playing lcb he needs to do an awful lot better than he did today.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s lost the plot.

Given some of the younger players (Kilman, Otasowie) game time and they’ve not done much wrong, to ditch them back to the bench and disregard them. That’s not going to help with development or morale. Why’s he done this? They’re not Portuguese is my betting. Sorry to have to say that but I really think it’s the truth.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes seems like the rest of our defence are being thrown under the bus in order to let boly have his best position.
Yes he is better on the left than the right. But being right footed he is the better option on the right. Saiss has always struggled there.

Has Boly ever been tested in a back 4!?

Boly has never been crowbarred into left wingback like Saiss and killman have. God: even Bennet was made to play right wingback a time or two.

If we are building a team around boly playing lcb he needs to do an awful lot better than he did today.

I think it's more that Coady is the one the rest are crowbarred around! Boly had an off match today, but consistently, he is our best centre back, by far. He played really well v Sheff U , vital in out win. He's also had an injury riddled season, been in and out which makes it difficult. Even despite looking out of it today, I think it far too early to be writing him off. Still think he is the one we need to keep and it is the others who would be easier to replace. Coady in particular, never achieves that actual performance level, but is in for his captaincy and organisational ability.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be giving Vitinha starts in every game until the end of the season. I rate him really highly, he looks like he wants to play with tempo and make things happen. No point in playing Donk because he’s tall and runs around; he contributes zero with the ball which means we have one less player to create something at all times.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible performance. Can't find any redeeming feature other than it pushes Albion closer to the drop.
And hopefully makes those in charge realise how big the job is over the summer.
I really don't get why Boly and Saiss played on the wrong sides, both of them looked really uncomfortable.
I'd rather see Coady on the right and Saiss in the middle than doing that again.
Don't understand what Kilman has done but I'd like to see him back in the starting 11 before the end of the season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you paper over cracks, you'd like it to at least last a week before those cracks reappear, larger than ever.

We go again. Only with some stronger paper, preferably. And stop keep looking at them! If you keep looking at that bit of wall with the papered cracks, of course you'll notice them. :cool:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Burnley. They were excellent today. They were everything that team should be in terms of effort. They slapped us about all game.

We were ****. Maybe, being kind, I might give a bit of leeway to Neves as he hasn't trained all work. But that just shows how weak our squad is.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's more that Coady is the one the rest are crowbarred around! Boly had an off match today, but consistently, he is our best centre back, by far. He played really well v Sheff U , vital in out win. He's also had an injury riddled season, been in and out which makes it difficult. Even despite looking out of it today, I think it far too early to be writing him off. Still think he is the one we need to keep and it is the others who would be easier to replace. Coady in particular, never achieves that actual performance level, but is in for his captaincy and organisational ability.
Yeah I get what you’re saying there. I’d put it more the system is fitted around coady though?
If you take it as red that we play a back 3 then our best team is obviously with coady in the middle. Then all of Saiss boly killman all play best on the left.
Of the 3 I think boly is by far the best on the right. They are all generally good on the left.
Boly should play on the right till we buy someone for that position. Which is a transfer window priority.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't be ***** to rate the players, they were all sub-par.

Not important and didn't make a difference but can someone tell me why,

Nick pope catches the ball and stays down injured(no free kick) was he allowed to put the ball down,stretch his back, have a breather, then pick the ball up and launch it to the heavens.

Isn't that an indirect free kick to us?

I recall Shearer screaming at the ref in an international match years ago, for the goalie picking it up twice

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How anyone can still watch Semedo and think he’s been a good signing is beyond me. The guy is frankly awful and offers nothing going forward. What’s worse is he and Podence are two of the biggest culprits in terms of a lack of energy and desire that’s spreading like a cancer through our team. At the very least the last few years we were hard working and in people’s faces, that today was a disgrace in terms of effort

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How anyone can still watch Semedo and think he’s been a good signing is beyond me. The guy is frankly awful and offers nothing going forward. What’s worse is he and Podence are two of the biggest culprits in terms of a lack of energy and desire that’s spreading like a cancer through our team. At the very least the last few years we were hard working and in people’s faces, that today was a disgrace in terms of effort
Semedo has been our best player for a number of matches now.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo has been our best player for a number of matches now.

Which ones were they? Genuine question

He has cost us multiple goals now because he’s either lazy or lacking in technical skill and awareness, today’s goal being the case in point. He has made 1 assist all season and that came at Brighton where he sliced an attempted shot and hooked a cross in instead. So what are other people seeing in him?

D

Deleted member 5340

Up until the ref blew the whistle to get the match underway, I thought we had a great game?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As bad as it was today, some folks are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Criticism of mgw and silva is totally unwarranted, coady is excellent in a 5 with the right players around him, and traore did actually try today.

This one lies at Nuno's door for not learning from previous games combined with refusal to allow competition for places. Several players visibly phoned it in today, not for the first time. It's too easy for them and that can't continue.

Vitanha, MGW and Silva have all shown flashes of quality but they need a run of games and wolves need to be more attacking in general. The ultra defensive football we play worked when we were great at counter attacking but we no longer have the players for it. Meanwhile we play a shambles of a midfield which puts the defence under pressure and provides only 1 out - traore.

Combine that with a defence where Kilman can't get a game despite the errors that occur week in week out and you get a team who simply can't tackle or keep the ball. Today and vs west ham we allowed teams to walk through us. It's dire.

Edit: Podence has to be dropped. I don't remember a player being so bad every match yet still playing. Oh, jose. Oh, doncks. Oh, Saiss. And that's the problem. Injuries don't excuse all of this.

Coeur de Loup

Reaction score
I am normally a glass half-full type of supporter but that was dire - we were out-thought, out-run, out-fought, out-headed, out-tackled, out-attacked, out-defended, out-effing everythinged. The only bright spark was Traore having a go at their defender - at least that showed a bit of passion.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which ones were they? Genuine question

He has cost us multiple goals now because he’s either lazy or lacking in technical skill and awareness, today’s goal being the case in point. He has made 1 assist all season and that came at Brighton where he sliced an attempted shot and hooked a cross in instead. So what are other people seeing in him?
Sheffield United and Fulham has two very recent examples

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't have any players with fire in their belly today. Doc, jota, mortinho and jimenez and neto do. Take these out of the side from last season and we are left with several decent players but nobody with the ability to be a bit nasty, the team now doesnt have the same ability to lift their game

Back
Top Bottom