Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves V Brighton

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone travelling from London to this game know the quickest way to get down there and most importantly back? I HAVE to be back in the east end by 8:30pm or my balls are no longer!

All bus replacements isn’t it. St Pancras to Three Bridges then a 45 min bus looks the best and cheapest bet.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many coming from London area?

Getting train from Blackfriars to Brighton at around 09:59, well Blackfriars-->Three Bridges-->Bus to Brighton.

Anyone on it?

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted somewhere but can’t find it.

I have an empty car from Walton on thames to the game and back if anyone from that area needs a lift.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Get into london at 7.53 so will head to victoria and the train. Such an inconvienience the trains but its what we do.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get into london at 7.53 so will head to victoria and the train. Such an inconvienience the trains but its what we do.
Not going to Brighton but hearing about the train disruptions it's what's going to kill going to Wolves for me. Virtually every trip you have to make alternate/contingency plans for strikes/ rail works; even if the journey starts well you just know the connection will be delayed or cancelled so you sit wondering if you will make ko or get back home before midnight. Rail travel in this country is a ****ing joke and of course prices go up in January.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to Brighton but hearing about the train disruptions it's what's going to kill going to Wolves for me. Virtually every trip you have to make alternate/contingency plans for strikes/ rail works; even if the journey starts well you just know the connection will be delayed or cancelled so you sit wondering if you will make ko or get back home before midnight. Rail travel in this country is a ****ing joke and of course prices go up in January.
Thameslink being down in the big one for me.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone going to the game has an additional spare ticket going begging by way of exchange, I'm more than happy to pick up up to four people from Three Bridges in my nice comfortable car and return them there after the game. Got to be better than doing Southern Fail's thoroughly miserable replacement bus service (ancient dirty buses that take three times as long to do the journey that the trains would do it in).

W

WolfOfWellington

Thanks to @Ercall Wolves I can make this trip. Had to miss Crystal Palace (A) & Watford (H) due to work. Really looking forward to the trip and catching up with the Telford Wolves folks too.

Time to let off some steam after the last few weeks!

Cannot wait

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been told by Southern trains that some direct services are running between London Victoria and Brighton on Saturday. Though they are being diverted via Horsham and Littlehampton, so the journey will take around two hours.

The direct trains leave Victoria at 06 and 36 past each hour. All the other services will require bus replacements. Thought this may help a few out if you didn't already know or had thought bus was the only way to go.

J

Jonny Bull

Few of us live in Hastings (virtual home game for us) and we're getting one easy train to Lewes/Falmer as no problems on the Coastal line. Heard it might be easier to get to the Amex this way if you come down from Charing Cross or London Bridge then across.
Wetherspoons not far from Hastings station, we'll be starting there for breakfast beer.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been told by Southern trains that some direct services are running between London Victoria and Brighton on Saturday. Though they are being diverted via Horsham and Littlehampton, so the journey will take around two hours.

A rail journey from London to Brighton that goes via Littlehampton can only in the parallel universe that is Southern Fail be described as "direct". It might be a service that doesn't require passengers to change trains, but direct it certainly won't be, and "around two hours" for the journey sounds more like Southern PR than bankable reality given the likely congestion on the Littlehampton to Brighton line on Saturday when Brighton are playing at home. I would say two and a half hours is more realistic. And don't forget that once the train does eventually get to Brighton, it's still a question of getting a further train to Falmer and all of those will be absolutely heaving on matchday and there is a huge queuing issue to get a train back from Falmer to Brighton after the game, meaning one often waits an hour to get on a train to get back into Brighton.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A rail journey from London to Brighton that goes via Littlehampton can only in the parallel universe that is Southern Fail be described as "direct". It might be a service that doesn't require passengers to change trains, but direct it certainly won't be, and "around two hours" for the journey sounds more like Southern PR than bankable reality given the likely congestion on the Littlehampton to Brighton line on Saturday when Brighton are playing at home. I would say two and a half hours is more realistic. And don't forget that once the train does eventually get to Brighton, it's still a question of getting a further train to Falmer and all of those will be absolutely heaving on matchday and there is a huge queuing issue to get a train back from Falmer to Brighton after the game, meaning one often waits an hour to get on a train to get back into Brighton.

I’d say that if the journey takes 2hrs30 instead of the 2 hours I’ve been told, most people can live with that.

Also I’m sure the 9 minute journey from Brighton to Falmer won’t be too tricky. I’ll be arriving v early so fancy my chances of getting one that isn’t packed at that time.

The way back will be a pain, but the three points will ease that.

Glass half full my man. :)

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say that if the journey takes 2hrs30 instead of the 2 hours I’ve been told, most people can live with that.

Also I’m sure the 9 minute journey from Brighton to Falmer won’t be too tricky. I’ll be arriving v early so fancy my chances of getting one that isn’t packed at that time.

The way back will be a pain, but the three points will ease that.

Glass half full my man. :)

Well, rather you than me if I'm honest. I guess having lived down here and endured the complete cluster**** that is Southern for a decade and a half, I am jaded about them, but I don't want fans to think that their journey on Saturday will be easy, because even if the service works as scheduled, which is far from certain, I suspect it'll be a trial of endurance. That said, good luck and I hope the boys make it all worthwhile.

JJ59

Reaction score
So lewes to falmer and Brighton is running ?
The rail company told me that buses will replace trains between Lewes and Falmer. However earlier in the conversation she had given me totally erroneous information about my journey so I am expecting the worst. Deep deep joy. Meanwhile fingers crossed that Glenn Murray hasnt recovered sufficiently from concussion to play for Brighton.

W

we8wba

Imagine the painful effort of sitting on bus pre match

Be 10x worse after the match

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rail company told me that buses will replace trains between Lewes and Falmer. However earlier in the conversation she had given me totally erroneous information about my journey so I am expecting the worst.

I think the information that you were given about a replacement bus service between Lewes and Falmer is incorrect. There are no line works advertised on the Brighton to Hastings line, on which both Lewes and Falmer are stops.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Spot on north. I travelled through France into Italy by train last month, everything was bang on. No delays, so efficient. Our are a disgrace.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rail company told me that buses will replace trains between Lewes and Falmer. However earlier in the conversation she had given me totally erroneous information about my journey so I am expecting the worst. Deep deep joy. Meanwhile fingers crossed that Glenn Murray hasnt recovered sufficiently from concussion to play for Brighton.
Wtf

It’s a joke

Wolves could have made it clearer on the website too

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the information that you were given about a replacement bus service between Lewes and Falmer is incorrect. There are no line works advertised on the Brighton to Hastings line, on which both Lewes and Falmer are stops.

That’s good news. There’s no way they can shut that line on a matchday .

It’s a ridiculous location for a stadium

N

Northamptonwolf

Anyone would think we are travelling to the end of the earth!

Cant wait to see what happens when we get into Europe and draw a team in the middle of Russia or similar!

There are trains running, a longer journey yes, but they are running!
Theres also official travel, un official travel, cars, coaches all avaliable in addition to trains.

Anyway we are setting off soon, i need to go set the horse and cart up

L

LondonWolf

Anyone else getting the 9:36 slow train direct to Brighton from Victoria?

On my ones until I meet up with some others in Brighton.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the 9:36 slow train direct to Brighton from Victoria?

On my ones until I meet up with some others in Brighton.

I presume you mean from Victoria to Brighton? ;)

Looks like I'm getting this one now, though I'll be joining 10 mins later at Clapham Junction.

Anyone know what pubs they're visiting yet? Should be in Brighton for 11:45.

Last edited:
F

FLEET WOLF

Well said that man!

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Am i right in thinking its going to be quicker to get the replacement bus at three bridges than stay on the slow train?

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely those travelling by train could have gone virgin X country down to Southampton and then jumped on a southern service from southpton to Brighton, guessing this is even longer and pricey then changing in London! UTW! Can't wait for tomorrow!

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am i right in thinking its going to be quicker to get the replacement bus at three bridges than stay on the slow train?

Probably. But, as with anything that Southern Rail organise, there are no guarantees, because their capacity for being **** knows no end. The bus service will be slow, but so will the train service via Littlehampton.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably. But, as with anything that Southern Rail organise, there are no guarantees, because their capacity for being **** knows no end. The bus service will be slow, but so will the train service via Littlehampton.
Agreed. The last time there were similar closures the bus replacement plan fell apart. ..

Reaction score
Any suggestions on best places to park and then drink? Stay in Brighton centre and bus it in or drink closer to ground?

W

wanderer24

Reading the advice pages from Wolves and Brighton, it appears the park and ride places are the most sensible option but I’m not sure about where to get a beer

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any suggestions on best places to park and then drink? Stay in Brighton centre and bus it in or drink closer to ground?

I don’t think there’s anywhere near the ground unless you drink at the mixed fanzone at the ground before going in. There’s a student union nearby as well but will be empty.

L

LondonWolf

Yes mate I was just reading into this.

It says it’s quicker getting the bus from three bridges so think I might gamble on this - traffic shouldn’t be too bad at the time in the morning I’m going

Back
Top Bottom