Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves to sell fringe strikers..

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
P

PeteWolf

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the heck?

Quotes in an express and star story!?

That's the good thing about signing youngsters for relatively small fees: if they don't work out, we'll still probably make a profit.

I'm also glad that Vokes is still in the frame as he's impressed me this season both for Wolves and for Wales and Burnley. I admit that I was too quick to write him off.

W

wolvo_boi

Was signed as one for the future though wasnt he . . . hasnt really been given much time and is it really his fault he was loaned back to the Micky Mouse League.

S

singwolf_1

Yes I would have preferred him to be loaned to another club in League 1 or the Championship to continue with the development - then see if he's worth a punt on

R

Rocky_Balllboa

Griffiths isn't tall enough for our hoofing, Mick knew that beforehand, his face didn't fit I assume

Vokes is yet to score in the Premier League, lets hope he can change that

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Griffiths isn't tall enough for our hoofing, Mick knew that beforehand, his face didn't fit I assume

We can hoof all we want if Fletcher keeps heading the resulting hoof into the net!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Griffiths is bleh!

Average, mediocre - decent enough striker in the SPL perhaps, but light years away from breaking into the first team.

W

wolvo_boi

Isnt he a bit of a trouble maker or hot head? Pretty sure i heard something about him that was a bit controvertial?

Could be a hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo but if he isnt a 'jump, how high' he would have no chance.

T

Tomasz

But Mick loves Keogh, is blind to his faults and will play him all the time come rain or shine?!

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
guess and star at it again , time to ban that newspaper from the club , been nothing but trouble to wolves for years

M

Mugwump

Cant understand why we signed Griffiths. Surely we should have loaned him to a championship club instead of sending him back to Scotland. If he has potential then 12 months is nowhere near long enough for him to try to break into a premier league team. I'm not saying he should be anywhere near the team as i don't think he should, it just seems a waste of time signing a player just to dump him a year later. We seem to have signed a lot of players in the premier league then not give them much of a chance.

P

Paul76

guess and star at it again , time to ban that newspaper from the club , been nothing but trouble to wolves for years

There's direct quotes in the article from Mick saying he's looking to sell Keogh, Griffiths and Vokes if the correct offer come in.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Mick loves Keogh, is blind to his faults and will play him all the time come rain or shine?!

Swap Keogh for Doyle and you've pretty much hit most fan's current opinions on the head - must be something to do with blonde, Irish strikers who put a shift in!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some intersting observations both in his mullings about the lads out on loan and the academy which has alsom been just posted on the Wolves site. He doesn't mention Malone or Batth. In the Academy piece he specifically mentions Anthony Forde who he says "will be a player". Jordan Cranston, Zeil and the cetre backs are all mentioned. Nothing said about McAlinden who I would have thought warrented a few words. Mind you not everything that is said is positive.

W

wolvo_boi

Grifiths is quality on FM, finishing is 16!!

Your not wrong there, in my starting 11 in 3rd season now and we are pushing for a Europa Cup finish second season running . . . sold all of our other strikers, he was the only one worth keeping!!!

S

singwolf_1

Sounds like what McGoo did with Jason Roberts! And we all know how that turned out!!

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like what McGoo did with Jason Roberts! And we all know how that turned out!!

yeah - him boring us to buggery with a sense of victimhood and entitlement every Saturday on the 606....

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this nonsense about players we "should/should have loan/ed them out to CCC clubs". Well guess what? If teams at that level don't ask for/about them, theres not much more that can be done! A player is made available for loan. All clubs will be notified. Interested ones will enquire.

Simple as.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have Fletcher, Doyle, SEB An Vokes all ehaed of them + Ward can full in there so makes sense. Fletch and Doyle pick up quites a few knck now and then so we could do with another quality striker preferably one with a bit of pace who can be real competition for them and who is ready to play in the frist team straight away, and if we get one then I think one of SEB or Vokes should probably go as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just impressed mick has his own personal jury. wonder if they follow him around everywhere he goes.

S

she wolf

Some intersting observations both in his mullings about the lads out on loan and the academy which has alsom been just posted on the Wolves site. He doesn't mention Malone or Batth. In the Academy piece he specifically mentions Anthony Forde who he says "will be a player". Jordan Cranston, Zeil and the cetre backs are all mentioned. Nothing said about McAlinden who I would have thought warrented a few words. Mind you not everything that is said is positive.
Just been across to watch the youth team game, they beat Everton 4-1 very comfortabley 2 from Dell and 2 from McAlinden who also hit the post had about 3 saved and put a great free kick in that just hit the post so with that in mind and how good McAlinden looked today I would say that we'v got our next generation stiker waiting in the wings, a good few of the Everton suport that were standing near us were also very impressed with the lad, quite a few of this years team are impressive to be honest.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What i dont understand about a lot of posters on this forum is... they groan at Mick for not moving out the deadwood and when he does they moan that theyve not been hrre long and they werent given chance.

At least hes big enough to say i wanted that player but i made a mistake.

P

Paul76

There's a lot of dead wood floating around the Molineux that needs getting shut off. The problem however is that it will cost Millions to replace them with the quality we need.

Seriously, I reckon Mick needs about 10 million in January.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So McCarthy signs Griffiths for 150k and surprise, surprise he hasn't come into the first team and scored forty goals. What the ffff does he expect. Absolute negative comments which are unjustifiable. If Griffiths within a year does not fit into his plans he should not have signed in the first place.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a lot of dead wood floating around the Molineux that needs getting shut off. The problem however is that it will cost Millions to replace them with the quality we need.

Seriously, I reckon Mick needs about 10 million in January.
However a good carpenter might be able to craft something out of this deadwood.

B

Bevan

Is it fair to say that, given we are now in our 3rd consecutive season in the Prem, we should have seen the quality of the squad progress more than it has?

I personally don't think enough investment has been made in new players the past two summers. This summer we bought only 3 players - one a reserve goalkeeper.

Hindsight is wonderful but it's obvious the quality of our squad is not good enough and where we currently are (bottom 4) is a fair reflection of that.

As many good qualities as Mick has, I think his loyalty to old players has stunted our growth. As much as I like Henry, Berra, Ward and Edwards, if we're honest then really they should all have been replaced with better alternatives and demoted to a full time position on the bench.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bevan, I feel you are being somewhat unfair to the players you named. Many people who have contributed to MM over this season have stated that 1) Ward is probably our player of the season to date; 2) Henry has improved significantly on last season and has been performing well for much of this season; 3) While I would acknowledge Edwards gets significant abuse and negative comment on MM, most fans seem to agree he performs well when played in the centre but is not that good when played on the wings. 4) some fans in recent weeks have been commenting on the fact that they consider Berra the best of our centre half options. Loyalty to players who appear to perform should be saluted.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Low quality squad all round. Spend you tight fisted $#@ers or we are 5%$#$#$

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are where we are because of the quality on the pitch. It is as simple as that.
Zubes (once he has a good, long run in the team), O'Hara, Jarvis, Fletcher are just about the only ones i would consider genuine Prem quality and I guess would interest higher up teams.
I'm undecided on Henn, Johnson, Doyle, Foley, Kightly.
Rest are not good enough.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bevan, I feel you are being somewhat unfair to the players you named. Many people who have contributed to MM over this season have stated that 1) Ward is probably our player of the season to date; 2) Henry has improved significantly on last season and has been performing well for much of this season; 3) While I would acknowledge Edwards gets significant abuse and negative comment on MM, most fans seem to agree he performs well when played in the centre but is not that good when played on the wings. 4) some fans in recent weeks have been commenting on the fact that they consider Berra the best of our centre half options. Loyalty to players who appear to perform should be saluted.

If all the above is true. Why are we still gash?

B

Bevan

Do you think our current squad is good enough then? If so, then is it just a case that Mick isn't getting the best out of them? Or if not, then who would you replace if given funds to strengthen?

Ward - I like him, probably unfair to single him out.
Henry - playing okay, but let's be honest isn't good enough on the ball to play in a 4-4-2. If we were offered a free choice of CM from the other teams in the bottom four then I reckon there's quite a few we'd choose to replace him
Berra - trier, playing to the best of his ability, there are far better CBs around
Edwards - good squad player, nothing more

Back
Top Bottom