Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves set to sign Costa in Club Record Deal

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a shame we didn't sign him in the summer but hindsight is, of course, a wonderful thing.
Worst case scenario if we pay £13m: he goes elsewhere for more next year and we go again. But you'd hope we have more ambition than that. He's a player to build a promotion push around, pure class.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds brill to me. Talk about intent!!

D

Deleted member 3751

Absolute worst case scenario is that Costa, Mendes, and us as a club make some money (if he moves on), getting players of this quality into our club for this kind of money speaks volumes. We're ready to go, just a shame it'll be next season

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how the express & star have the cheek to call this an exclusive I don't know, but great news if the deal is now done and ready to be announced

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how the express & star have the cheek to call this an exclusive I don't know, but great news if the deal is now done and ready to be announced
Theyve taken a punt in the hope that it comes off

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news if this goes through. All those critical of Fosun really should take everything back if the Costa signing gets confirmed. Either way they should still be given a reasonable amount of time before judging them.I think we will have a real go next season. Lambert is doing a cracking job too.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the real story is how the guess and stir and Timmeh can continuously put stories out as though its breaking news days after an initial discussion on this very forum.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Similar to when Tim Nash announced that Lambert had got the job about two days after he was made odds on favourite and no one else was really in the running.

Great signing if it happens, 2nd best player I've seen at Wolves in my lifetime. Maybe one day he'll get close to Bully.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a win/win all round. If he signs for say 5 yrs (ala Cav) then if we are forced to sell in the summer his price could double. Fosun showing their intent but also pretty clever business all round - think how many more STs we will sell if he's here next season?
This Saturday could not get any better - hang on my wife's just telling me we've won the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please pinch me I must be dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all we manage to beat Liverpool away in a 4th round FA cup match without our regular goal keeper
Secondly it would appear that we are signing Costa who looked set to either join a PL club or return to Benfica by the end of the season!!! :eek::eek:o_O

D

Deleted member TW5162

Please pinch me I must be dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all we manage to beat Liverpool away in a 4th round FA cup match without our regular goal keeper
Secondly it would appear that we are signing Costa who looked set to either join a PL club or return to Benfica by the end of the season!!! :eek::eek:o_O

Yep - you best open another bottle of Champagne! :D

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll stick around if the Mendes client we sign is the best midfielder I saw last summer - William Carvalho!

Monswolf

Reaction score
I think wolves have played a blinder with this transfer. I honestly think the deal was probably done a few days ago and they have kept it under wraps the reason being if we had lost today it would of given us all a lift after loosing as it is it's the perfect end to the perfect day for all wolves fans

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My love for Helder Costa right now is unparalleled. I know we'll struggle to keep him in the summer as bids of £20-25m would be incredibly tempting but this year I've been privileged enough to see the best player I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt in my lifetime.

SE_Wolves

Reaction score
CoeNbcOVUAIQeyq.jpg

T

Torcher

Would be the Championship record signing if it goes ahead at £13M.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging by the rumoured increase in his wage that may make him our highest paid player, the deal sounds like a long term one rather than one which sets him up to be sold in the Summer.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most important news for a long time. Intelligent move by Fosun. Let's hope we can build a team around him and not sell him. But until there is final official confirmation will assume nothing. Can everyone also please pray to whatever entity is precious to you that he does not get badly injured by some lout from the Championship as he will now be a marked man in every match. Its only these kinds of players that will change Wolves's fate going forward. We could do with another couple of them. I hope Cav can up his game because he is nowhere near Costa in terms of impact yet. But hopefully he has it in him. Come on!

Reaction score
Hopefully Fosun will have enjoyed today and see the potential here now we are moving in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom