Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves cult heroes without (too) many games

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Noticed on WolvesTV comms recently, Mickey Burrows calls him Looms.
Was called that when he played, which made perfect sense as he was always refered to as I-we-loom-o. Only afterwards did we find out his name is actually pronounced I-wel-umo, which made looms a bit odd.

Congratulations to anyone understanding this post btw, I did my best!

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marcus Hahnemann. USA! USA! USA!

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson looked like he was going to be a real hero up until his injury. Forget chants, he had his own thunderclap…
Good shout with Hahnemann. When he took over from Hennessy it saved our season and we survived, his contribution went largely unrecognised but IMHO he made the difference.
I remember meeting him and thanking him for saving our season, a very humble and polite man.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Walters. If we’d have signed him permanently I swear we’d have won promotion.
My shout as well. Looked absolutely world class in some games, I know the competition was weak but I remember one game, I think it was against Southend, and we won 5-0 with half our team out injured and Walters just ran the show.

I don't think Andy Sinton was around for too long but he was similarly outstanding, talismanic for a while.

Mark Rankine got to be worth a mention as well. Signed from Doncaster where he looked a tricky forward, came to us and was utterly useless until Taylor got his hands on him and turned him into a right midfielder. Shabba became one of the first names on the team sheet for a while.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tom Huddlestone! Carlton Cole??

Biscoff, Gyepes, Rosa, Maurice Ross, Mark Little

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Steve Mardenbrough 9 games 1 goal BUT WHAT A GOAL :p:p:p:p:p

JANUARY 14th 1984 Liverpool 0 WOLVES 1
That's the very definition of a cult hero. At our very worst we managed to beat a legendary Liverpool side with one of the flukeist goals in history. If he heads it Grobalaar saves it, but looped up off the shoulder he had no chance!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leon Clarke. Never has a player been backed so strongly by the fan base.

Ludovic Pollet, though he probably played 80 odd times.

Edit: Had no clue Leon played 113 games for us. Wow!!

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

bully9

Reaction score
The Legend That is Sir Robert Taylor , the word you would be looking for is similar to cult utw sov mtfg

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of these are not cult heroes…they’re just ****

De Wolf - people from other ends of the country will mention “the best named player” Wolves had in the 90s. That’s a cult hero.

Denis Rosa - played once? And 300 times for the reserves, reaching ballon D’or levels in his reputation as Mick ignored him. Cult hero.

Mo Camara - still mentioned when anyone kicks a ball into the stand. Is that one still on the roof of Asda?! Cult hero.

Etc etc

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maximillian William Kilman.
Over 3 seasons he has had 49 premier league appearances. In those wolves(and it is wolves rather than just him) have conceded just 30 goals.
Which is incidentally the same amount of goals in this season that Villa have conceded when Mings has been playing and Man United have conceded with Maguire playing
(Watch this get picked up by the comms teams)

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of these are not cult heroes…they’re just ****

De Wolf - people from other ends of the country will mention “the best named player” Wolves had in the 90s. That’s a cult hero.

Denis Rosa - played once? And 300 times for the reserves, reaching ballon D’or levels in his reputation as Mick ignored him. Cult hero.

Mo Camara - still mentioned when anyone kicks a ball into the stand. Is that one still on the roof of Asda?! Cult hero.

Etc etc
John De Wolf is top of the pile for me based on the lasting impact he had having only apparently played 28 games for us. What a player and character.

Back
Top Bottom