Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves cult heroes without (too) many games

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emmanuel Frimpong, whether it was deserved or not is another matter but was liked and liked Wolves as well. Hasn't he said since he always looks out for our results and stuff? From five appearances!

5 appearances but 98% of that seasons total effort across all appearances by the whole squad

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Emmanuel Frimpong, whether it was deserved or not is another matter but was liked and liked Wolves as well. Hasn't he said since he always looks out for our results and stuff? From five appearances!
I really thought he made a difference to us and liked him a lot. We were worse off when he got injured and things never seemed to go for him after

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
I really thought he made a difference to us and liked him a lot. We were worse off when he got injured and things never seemed to go for him after
Yes, very true. But he was also a proverbial tackling Red card aswell, each and every game he played!

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
Chris Marsden - what could have been -very much like a Kevin McDonald, pity about Marsden alleged off field activities, something from memory happened around Billy Wrights funeral and he was never seen again

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Mo Camara (45 appearances)

Camara moved to England in summer 2000 with Wolverhampton Wanderers of the First Division in a £100,000 deal. He became a cult figure amongst their fans, known for his commitment and pace despite sometimes exhibiting a lack of positional sense and ball control. A regular column from the spoof 'Mohammed Camara Appreciation Society' appeared in fanzine 'A Load of Bull' celebrating his eccentric but lovable playing style. He was a regular starter in his first two seasons with the side, but failed to make an appearance during their 2002–03 promotion success following the signing of Denis Irwin and a knee ligament injury.
He now runs a bar in Tettenhall, where the pretend z list celebs of Wolves go

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I suppose an obvious one for now is Jose Sa - but hope he plays many more games for us. But didn't take him long to become very popular

I'll add Alfred N'Diaye too - 33 apps and a big part of our promotion season. Wanted us to buy him when we went up.

Geoff Thomas - 46 apps (should have been more)

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jim Melrose.
Think he would have kept us up in 84-85 if we could have afforded him.
In hindsight though I suppose it was a proper sliding doors moment leading to Bully, our charge back up the leagues and leading to where we are now.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be Steve Claridge for his magical ability of actually making five appeances. :tonguewink::cool:
And then thankfully disappearing.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bonatini
Cavaleiro

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arguably still the most exciting player I’ve watched in a Wolves shirt (if you factor in his cost ratio to the likes we watch today).

Gutted he never really recovered from his injury. But I doubt I’ve celebrated much more wildly (nor he probably) than when he scored that goal at Molineux vs WBA.

Had he and Akinbiyi stayed fit together, I think promotion would have been a real possibility.
Agreed, it was such a shame injuries kept him out for so long with us! He scared the life out of defenders running at them, and unlike another more recent dribbling monster, could score too!

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A senior career total of 90 appearances (9 clubs), no goal scored for anyone; had to retire aged 30. If it wasn't for bad luck etc. Wolves could have been his moment, but he never really recovered from the cruciate injury while playing for us.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too, I wonder how many were as substitute ?

Back
Top Bottom