Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves cult heroes without (too) many games

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember hoping that Billy 'The Kid' Livingstone would be the next talisman striker hope, partly because he had such a great name. Managed 4 goals in 24 appearances which wasn't as bad as some.
I also liked Lee Mills who actually looked quite tricky and skillful and went on to have a reasonable career. Unable to produce the goods for us unfortunately.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone remember David Burnside from the 60’s? Showing my age I know!

He made 40 odd appearances for us and some fans thought he was the dogs *******s. They seemed to give him legend like status even though he played so few games.

Never forgot him as he was competing against Peter Knowles (what a player Knocker was) for a first team place. Knocker will always be a legend but not in this thread.

Always remember the fans chant ‘Peter Knowles, Burnside, Peter Knowles, Burnside’ as some short sighted fans couldn’t decide who was their favourite. No contest for me!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He made 40 odd appearances for us and some fans thought he was the dogs *******s. They seemed to give him legend like status even though he played so few games.

Never forgot him as he was competing against Peter Knowles (what a player Knocker was) for a first team place. Knocker will always be a legend but not in this thread.

Always remember the fans chant ‘Peter Knowles, Burnside, Peter Knowles, Burnside’ as some short sighted fans couldn’t decide who was their favourite. No contest for me!
Good call. Burnside had skill to spare, and would have played a lot more for us had Knocker not been here.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eric Young would be my shout too. Used to have a £1 bet on him to be first goalscorer at about 40-1 every game. Over the course of the season it was a guaranteed profit.

Genuinely gobsmacked at how few appearances De Wolf made. In my head he was here for years. Probably was, but just injured! God, I loved those mid 90s nouveau rich days.

Even more gobsmacked how few appearances Jackie Gallagher made. Him and Nigel Vaughan were our guaranteed 2 subs for what felt like eternity. Unless John Paskin came along as Jackie’s ‘upgrade’.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely gobsmacked at how few appearances De Wolf made
Me too!

Tell you what, though, my understanding is that Peter Knowles was kept on contract by us from 1969 - when he played his final match - until 1982, in case he changed his mind.

Must be a world record: 13 years, 0 appearances!

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

makes me feel ill just remembering that!
Burnside should have stuck to ball juggling at Sandwell
Think the chant was just to get the atmosphere going like left side/right side or rangers/celtic

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Darren Simkin.. had fans chanting his name. Simo Simo Simo, cult status for not many games.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeremie-Aliadiere-Wolves-3.png

Jeremie Aliadiere remember him having a half decent loan move here... One game I really remember was when we went to Hull away and won 3-2 the Cort derby where the two brothers played against each other and Carl Cort scored the winner in the 89th minute was a class game!

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Adlène Guedioura
Bjorn Sigurdarson
Marcus Hahnemann
Seol Ki-Hyeon
Mark Davies
Bright Enobakhare
Zeli Ismail
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine how things might have turned out had Tony Daley not suffered with injuries…

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Marcus Hahnemann. USA! USA! USA!

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson looked like he was going to be a real hero up until his injury. Forget chants, he had his own thunderclap…

Back
Top Bottom