Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If we're thinking Saints and Bournemouth are looking likely for the bottom two places, I'm 100% behind Leeds for the last slot if we're chosing who we want. Wouldn't mind Forest and Everton or West Ham would be funny, but Leeds is definitely my first choice.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We gave it for several years, he finally retaliated when he had the chance.
As I said fair game both ways
It was him who cost us a £45,000 fine for causing a brawl at the end of the game just because Cunha did to Forest fans exactly what he did to the Wolves fans
It was him who approached and had a go at Cunha that started the brawl
Watched the Forest Leeds game this afternoon and have a guess who tried to start a brawl
He’s a troublemaker who thinks he’s better than he is IMO

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said a while ago I think leeds will be down there with management behind the scenes/current manager.

Palace will be catchable

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking like Saints and Bournemouth at the moment. Not having players playing for the manager in the former case because he hangs them out there dry is going to cost them and is exactly the reason why Dinosaur Dyche will keep Everton up.

Still too close to call for the third spot, but Leeds are in a pickle. Think a point a game will be enough, which we are still behind on. Winning one and losing one is better than drawing three over an extended sequence of games.

The next two games will be a big indication of where we are in terms of progress against our rivals. Playing against Bournemouth who are battling for their lives at home especially. This is where JL will earn his crust, arguably more so than against Liverpool who look like they are already done this season.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Looking like Saints and Bournemouth at the moment. Not having players playing for the manager in the former case because he hangs them out there dry is going to cost them and is exactly the reason why Dinosaur Dyche will keep Everton up.

Still too close to call for the third spot, but Leeds are in a pickle. Think a point a game will be enough, which we are still behind on. Winning one and losing one is better than drawing three over an extended sequence of games.

The next two games will be a big indication of where we are in terms of progress against our rivals. Playing against Bournemouth who are battling for their lives at home especially. This is where JL will earn his crust, arguably more so than against Liverpool who look like they are already done this season.
All true I think ….but at this stage of the season is when you get surprise results….who had Everton to beat Arsenal. ?While it is probable that one or two teams will struggle it is quite possible that the others acquire more than a point a game taking it to the wire.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is looking very tight for that 3rd relegation slot at the moment (and even Saints and Bournemouth are still in touch). It could be that a higher points total is needed to stand up. Injuries will play their role. With Leeds picking up a point tonight, it feels like all the clubs are fighting and picking up surprise results. Gonna be squeaky bum time for a good while yet

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing which has been a positive from a somewhat grim season ,until recently , is picking up wins against teams around us. The next two is a case in point.

D

Deleted member (smith)

The bookies reflect the knowledge of the gambling public.

Southampton and Bournemouth are odds on favorites.

The possibles are Everton, Leeds,forest and wolves in that order.

The unlikely but in the mix are Leicester. West ham and palace .

50-1 bar those … this will be more fun than the title race but as implied above the next two games May change this significantly.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Momentum (which breeds confidence) is always key in a relegation battle. We’ve got a bit of both at the moment and have green shoots of recovery. If (and it’s a big if) we could get 7 points out of the next 3 games I think we’ll happily finish 13-15th

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Momentum (which breeds confidence) is always key in a relegation battle. We’ve got a bit of both at the moment and have green shoots of recovery. If (and it’s a big if) we could get 7 points out of the next 3 games I think we’ll happily finish 13-15th
Momentum and confidence is deffo the key. I’m so pleased Leeds didnt win last night, and being 2-0 up but only drawing must feel like a defeat. Even Southampton and Bournemouth can get out of trouble with a quick win or two as momentum would swing in their favour. Its horrible being down there, and we must focus on winning as many games as we can. We need that 4 points from every 3 games mentality to stay up which I think we can do, possibly even better if that confidence Lopetegui has already brought in continues.

but if the likes of Everton, Leeds, West ham, Southampton and Bournemouth etc can keep stuttering then it helps too for the days we fail to gain points (which will happen).

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Leeds will be the third team relegated along with The South Coast Two. No manager and in a mess. Dyche will rescue Everton for sure, and I think West Ham will just have enough. Forest already have a couple of extra points and are top of the form table since January 1st. (Liverpool are rock bottom!!)

Last edited:

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly! A loss and that toxic atmosphere will come rushing back and be a massive weight around their neck.
This weekend is huge for Merseyside. Everton win and the pressure on Klopp is huge. A LiVARpool winj and all the enthusiasm of last weeks win over Arsenal is soon forgotten. That said if we stuff it up by losing to Saints and Bournemouth after our LiVARpool performance then we are right back in the mixer. February was always going to be a big month and we can do ourselves a lot of good by winning our next two games. It will define the rest of the season.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bookies reflect the knowledge of the gambling public.

Southampton and Bournemouth are odds on favorites.

The possibles are Everton, Leeds,forest and wolves in that order.

The unlikely but in the mix are Leicester. West ham and palace .

50-1 bar those … this will be more fun than the title race but as implied above the next two games May change this significantly.
Why are West Ham considered as less likely to go down than us? They are 17th and have lost 6 out of their last 9 games, only beating Everton. They have Chelsea, Spurs and Brighton in 3 of their next 4 games. They only brought in Danny Ings and a young Brazilian on a free in the transfer window. I'll happily bet that we finish comfortably above them come the end of the season.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As I said fair game both ways
It was him who cost us a £45,000 fine for causing a brawl at the end of the game just because Cunha did to Forest fans exactly what he did to the Wolves fans
It was him who approached and had a go at Cunha that started the brawl
Watched the Forest Leeds game this afternoon and have a guess who tried to start a brawl
He’s a troublemaker who thinks he’s better than he is IMO
Get over it mate - he’s living in your head, rent free.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW here flattered to decive and fulfil his promise. That was as much down to where we played him as it was his ability. For Forest he is playing as a 10 and doing it well but he remains a ****womble. He always was a bit of a ****womble but then he was our ****womble so we tolerated it a bit more even though Morgan Gibbs-****e was very apt at times. He is now a Forest player and could not give 2 hoots about us. So he can get the appropriate level of Heckling whenever he plays and its completely justified.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Momentum and confidence is deffo the key. I’m so pleased Leeds didnt win last night, and being 2-0 up but only drawing must feel like a defeat. Even Southampton and Bournemouth can get out of trouble with a quick win or two as momentum would swing in their favour. Its horrible being down there, and we must focus on winning as many games as we can. We need that 4 points from every 3 games mentality to stay up which I think we can do, possibly even better if that confidence Lopetegui has already brought in continues.

but if the likes of Everton, Leeds, West ham, Southampton and Bournemouth etc can keep stuttering then it helps too for the days we fail to gain points (which will happen).
That’s the benefit of a few new players and a manager , obviously it improves the squad but it also brings in some positivity to some players who looked pretty broken under Lage/Davis. We could really do with a win Saturday to keep that momentum going and confidence high

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saints will be doomed if we beat them
Same for Bournemouth if they don’t pick up anything this weekend

That third spot could be anyone I’d like to see Leeds or Everton would be where the money is but a lot of the teams are picking up results

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Forest will go. They've had a few good results against sides around us but they're still poor and have been very lucky at times.

Them, Bournemouth (definitely) and Leeds would be my call. Always thought us and Everton would be fine, and something tells me Southampton will be once they inevitably sack that goblin.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No body is doomed at this stage of the season regardless of who beats them. Hopefully our momentum till take us away from the relegation places. I feel that Leicester and West Ham will pull away. A poster asked why fans feel West Ham will escape? For me, Moyes is a very experienced and good manager and is more than capable of motivating his players. One observation I would make is that it is far better to be struggling for points throughout the season than suddenly begin to drop points half way through the season and suddenly have to confront a relegation battle on the last day of the season. This may apply to a team not considered to be involved in the struggle against relegation at this time.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No body is doomed at this stage of the season regardless of who beats them. Hopefully our momentum till take us away from the relegation places. I feel that Leicester and West Ham will pull away. A poster asked why fans feel West Ham will escape? For me, Moyes is a very experienced and good manager and is more than capable of motivating his players. One observation I would make is that it is far better to be struggling for points throughout the season than suddenly begin to drop points half way through the season and suddenly have to confront a relegation battle on the last day of the season. This may apply to a team not considered to be involved in the struggle against relegation at this time.
Palace your outsiders then.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not his money. You feel how you feel.
I'm not telling him how to feel, just pointing out that wishing for something that would hurt you but hurts someone you don't like more, is the definition of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last weekend has changed my perspective completely. I think us and Forest will be comfortable.

I thought Everton were doomed, but the speed at which they've adopted Dyce's methods is impressive. I think he keeps them up now, unless they get unlucky with injuries to a relatively small squad.

Leeds's managerial appointment will be crucial, but I have a feeling it will be one of the bigger, more established PL clubs joining Southampton and Bournemouth.

Leicester, West Ham, Palace, Leeds or Everton.

My money is on West Ham right now.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not telling him how to feel, just pointing out that wishing for something that would hurt you but hurts someone you don't like more, is the definition of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face.
How does it hurt him, though? It’s not his money, he’ll gain nothing from it.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
Palace - on a terrible run but they have points on the board and tend to go on these feast or famine runs - likely safe but catchable
Forest - signed yet more players in Jan - stil not sure what their best XI looks like or how good it is - can see them picking up enough points at home to survive
Leicester - injury ravaged season but should have enough
Leeds - new manager appointment crucial - weird to sack Marsch just after backing him in the transfer market - should be fine, could implode...
West Ham - still a narrative that they're too good to go down but are they? Really poor both times against us this season, squad seems complacent and needs a refresh and not sure Moyes is the man for relegation scrap - could be in trouble
Everton - Dyche factor should give them a boost I just don't think they're very good. Last day survival?
Bournemouth - Favourites for relegation at the start of the season. O'Neill improved them at first but they had no luck and don't see things getting better - down
Southampton - have some good players but woeful form and a manager making all the wrong noises - urgent action required otherwise they're also down

I'd like to think we'll end up near the top of this pack. We have momentum and now a squad as good as any of the above

Back
Top Bottom