Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should sell him, but I voted loan as I think we would be incredibly lucky to get someone to pay £10m for him at the moment. If he has a good loan spell somewhere, his value might increase.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell 15m and buy someone else

Don’t forget we will make some money back on Guedes & Podence in the summer

Things are looking rosy.

Dia or Whittaker would do. Rowe off Norwich looks out of our reach

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell him and put the couple of million towards Solanke
That’s about our level now thanks to these owners

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have to see the addons. But I'd loan him to a team in the Championship with zero strikers and see what happens.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him 20 minutes here for a start.

Reactions: Ned

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get rid. £15million would be the maximum we could hope for and helps the coffers.

We have been really poor in our last 3 games and he hasn’t played one minute!

Its obvious GO doesn’t rate him, so why keep him?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume Wolves and Fabio are considering every option…….guess .we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put the poor kid out of his misery.
Absolutely right. He never had a chance with his over inflated price tag when he's only worth a third at best of it. Cant blame him. Shi was conned. Time to sell him.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he any good in goal? We have a vacancy.

fleck1

Reaction score
Coming back having just turned 21 spent half the season in the Belgian top division and the other half in the Dutch top division, playing Europa league football and finishing with 16 goals and 6 assists he'd have returned with a decent value and high in confidence. I think we have managed the situation very poorly then was the time to cash in or loan and cash in after another productive season. If we were keeping him we had to back him and say right you've got x amount of games, we're backing you go out and show us what you've got. 5 or 10 minutes here or there has been a total waste, there will be a market for him (no matter how little some on here rate him). Playing regular I don't doubt he'll go on and have a good career and score plenty of goals, it just isn't going to be here.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But apart from promotion to the premier league, 6 consecutive PL seasons, Europa League, FA Cup Semi, Neves, Jota, Jimenez, Patricio, Boli, Cunha, Neto etc what did Fosun ever do for us?

Got the finances of the club in such a mess they had to have a fire sale to avoid falling foul of FFP.

Which the rules for are very clear and in black and white, with them being an investment company is quite poor.

Kept lage far too long, then put the academy coaches in charge rooting us to the bottom of the table with a 4 point gap from the place above going into the World Cup because of the incompetent managing of that situation.

Managed to turn the overwhelming positives and great foundation to kick on from in two seventh place finishes, fa cup semi and Europa quarter into a rapid decline due to bad recruitment and letting people who oversaw this stay in post for so long wasting even more money on players who weren’t good enough or physically/mentally/technically strong enough for the prem.

They have done some fantastic things, but please let’s not forget the massive stinkers on the way!!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coming back having just turned 21 spent half the season in the Belgian top division and the other half in the Dutch top division, playing Europa league football and finishing with 16 goals and 6 assists he'd have returned with a decent value and high in confidence. I think we have managed the situation very poorly then was the time to cash in or loan and cash in after another productive season. If we were keeping him we had to back him and say right you've got x amount of games, we're backing you go out and show us what you've got. 5 or 10 minutes here or there has been a total waste, there will be a market for him (no matter how little some on here rate him). Playing regular I don't doubt he'll go on and have a good career and score plenty of goals, it just isn't going to be here.
I will not repeat what has been said here. I agree totally.

But I am a nasty person who loves putting blame. So I will blame every manager who didn't want him in the first place. That will include Nuno, who he was foisted upon initially, Lage who was immediately put under the sword of ensuring survival and couldn't be ***** with trying to save a kid's progression whilst trying to save the club, and Lopetugie just didn't even have him available. GON is back to no risk, no try, mode just as Lage was. Even with one leg, Hwang will get the nod as will Cunha. And to be honsest I can't really blame him... But I will anyway.

All I know is that it is definitely not MY fault.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They gave him the number 9 shirt and gave him another chance, you could say he hasn't grasped that chance, you may not, but one way or another it hasn't worked out. The appearances against Ipswich and Sheff Utd were quite frankly bizarre, where he went from hugging everyone to trying to kill everyone, something isn't right, shame as I'm a fan and think he's a good player.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been destined to fail at the club since he arrived by the Football Gods.

This season was the one where he was expected to kick on but, out of nowhere, was hit by a managerial change days before the season followed by Neto coming good again and Hwang inexplicably becoming a goal machine. Honestly, he's had nearly zero real chances to succeed here other than maybe a few missed chances that might have kick started things for him.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much glue do you think they could get out of him?

Anywhere but here .... the money was lost 3 years ago when some imbecile was fooled into signing him for a King's ransom.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think he is an option when it comes to games like Burnley and Forest. He makes the runs that midfielders love to play passes to, I just don't understand why GON hasn't used him since Sheff Utd when there have been games and phases of games where he would have been the ideal player to have coming on.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got the finances of the club in such a mess they had to have a fire sale to avoid falling foul of FFP.

Which the rules for are very clear and in black and white, with them being an investment company is quite poor.

Kept lage far too long, then put the academy coaches in charge rooting us to the bottom of the table with a 4 point gap from the place above going into the World Cup because of the incompetent managing of that situation.

Managed to turn the overwhelming positives and great foundation to kick on from in two seventh place finishes, fa cup semi and Europa quarter into a rapid decline due to bad recruitment and letting people who oversaw this stay in post for so long wasting even more money on players who weren’t good enough or physically/mentally/technically strong enough for the prem.

They have done some fantastic things, but please let’s not forget the massive stinkers on the way!!
Agreed but doesn't make them terrible owners, as described earlier in the thread.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How he hasn't got any minutes whatsoever in recent weeks, where we've created nothing in three games, is just bizarre.

One thing that always seems to happen when he's on the pitch is we get chances. He causes a bit of chaos. Much needed chaos from our perspective.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think he is an option when it comes to games like Burnley and Forest. He makes the runs that midfielders love to play passes to, I just don't understand why GON hasn't used him since Sheff Utd when there have been games and phases of games where he would have been the ideal player to have coming on.
I haven’t seen a single instance of when we could use him as an ideal sub to influence/change games. I see nothing in him whatsoever. When he does come on I see the white flag being raised by our management- game over.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a single instance of when we could use him as an ideal sub to influence/change games. I see nothing in him whatsoever. When he does come on I see the white flag being raised by our management- game over.
Fair enough, I don't think people are ever going to agree on Fabio. The truth, I suspect as always, is somewhere in the middle of the polarised opinions he creates.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
How he hasn't got any minutes whatsoever in recent weeks, where we've created nothing in three games, is just bizarre.

One thing that always seems to happen when he's on the pitch is we get chances. He causes a bit of chaos. Much needed chaos from our perspective.
problem is, we'd probably drop sarabia for him to play when he is exactly the sort of player to play with sarabia

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but doesn't make them terrible owners, as described earlier in the thread.

Didn’t say it did, but people only focus on the positive saying they have almost been perfect owners and we shouldn’t criticise.

When I am sorry they have made some massive **** ups and it isn’t disrespecting them to say that or share them!

Doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate everything they have done, I do, but we shouldn’t forget that some big mistakes have been made recently!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
problem is, we'd probably drop sarabia for him to play when he is exactly the sort of player to play with sarabia

100%

I think there really is a player in Fabio, but GON is not even close to the kind of forward thinking/progressive manager who can help guide/develop him.

Sarabia and Fabio, would work well as Fabio does make runs (out of structure) and sarabia has vision and passing that might mean those runs work or lead to something.

Back
Top Bottom