Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What on earth is this?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you aren’t a paid shill I utterly despair for you defending that shambles.

But if you’re genuine, fair enough I apologise for questioning your integrity but don’t ever go into coaching!
Thank you for your insults and unsolicited command on what I do with my life.
In the meantime I will let you get back to the Great Diagram Conspiracy. Time well spent.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely don’t believe , even for a fraction of a moment that “introduction to football - Level 1’ standard tactics are being relayed by radio to our youth team coaching staff”.

Do you believe that? If there’s even an ounce of truth to that, then Wolves will drop further down than the Championship.
Are you watching wolves at the minute? We are woeful and this team playing as it is would get relegated from the championship.

I mean seriously. Or are you sellars burner account on here? You have an excuse or defence for every justified and now evidenced criticism.

He had a tactics board and everything infront of him.

That picture is bloody damning evidence.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
View attachment 31016

Why?

His job is identify players for the employed head coach. - general fail

His job is identify future head coaches in the designated style of play for the continuity of the club. -colosal fail

What he shouldn't be doing is playing at manager, leave that to the employed head coach. If things aren't going right then consult your prepared list of head coaches to take over. ****ing about playing at manager and meddling with match day performance whilst not taking the responsibility of the outcome is not your domain nor never should be.

FFS Jeff get this sorted. The right people doing the right jobs.
Surely by leaving this to be seen in the public view is just Sellars trolling the fans,

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nepotism. This guy has done some serious brown nosing to get where he has, and it's unwarranted as he's crap.

Or, just playing devils advocate, Shi couldn’t find or didn’t want anyone to be a proper DoF and so promoted the Head of Academy so he could effectively do the job himself, just as he did with the managing directors role.

At some point people are going to realise the problem wasn’t Nuno, it wasn’t Thelwell or Sellars or Vinny or that Russell bloke, it was the untouchable guy in charge

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or, just playing devils advocate, Shi couldn’t find or didn’t want anyone to be a proper DoF and so promoted the Head of Academy so he could effectively do the job himself, just as he did with the managing directors role.

At some point people are going to realise the problem wasn’t Nuno, it wasn’t Thelwell or Sellars or Vinny or that Russell bloke, it was the untouchable guy in charge

Jeff needs a one way ticket back to Beijing

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is this? Is it anything unusual? Looks like a senior Wolves official watching the game and taking notes. I presume all clubs do it. It be worse if he was playing golf or at the pub.
I try to be nicer to you than other people (I wouldn't call you a shill), but unfortunately sometimes you don't help yourself by appearing to play dumb. The issue is that, just two days ago, Liam Keen said on an E&S podcast that Scott Sellars has been feeding tactical "suggestions" to the coaches. This caused quite the furore on the "Shi & Sellars" thread, with many posters rightly asking what qualified him to do this, and why he was being allowed to. I presume you read this?

Now, we have a photograph of him with a communications device in his ear, a laptop with some kind of football analysis software on it, and a tactics board with what appears to be his own hand markings. 2+2=?...

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies - only just discovered this thread, so I'm repeating myself from elsewhere.

That is clearly Wolves formation.

But whether its Wolves or Leicester, why the f*** would you need to write it down?

I mean.......(open mouth)........its incredulous! He cant't remember that??? FFS

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I try to be nicer to you than other people (I wouldn't call you a shill), but unfortunately sometimes you don't help yourself by appearing to play dumb. The issue is that, just two days ago, Liam Keen said on an E&S podcast that Scott Sellars has been feeding tactical "suggestions" to the coaches. This caused quite the furore on the "Shi & Sellars" thread, with many posters rightly asking what qualified him to do this, and why he was being allowed to. I presume you read this?

Now, we have a photograph of him with a communications device in his ear, a laptop with some kind of football analysis software on it, and a tactics board with what appears to be his own hand markings. 2+2=?...
Ahhhhhhh…….finally an explanation for all the hoopla. Thx.
Something on 2 days ago and a photo today. No I didn’t read it but I still wouldn’t extrapolate something sinister from a stupid pic. Many threads I just kinda skim over……especially now when it’s all very negative posts

Who knows what or why he was using the diagram…..whatever.

I wasn’t playing dumb. At 68, I don’t play silly immature games. I just don’t overreact without good solid reason. By my nature, I am a hard sell…..been that way all my life. I like evidence before I condemn, judge people or insult them.

BTW, 2 + 2 IS 4.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looked at some of the ‘ Sellars feeding suggestions to the coaches” you mentioned and just by quicly scanning some of the posts, it seems that the Mix has different opinions on this issue that pertains to a NOTHING PICTURE.

This particular post caught my eye by @JadeWolf who, imo, is level headed and reasonable and she was discussing this issue of Sellars giving abide to Davis. I am not cherry picking but I doubt anybody would think that Jade is a ‘shill’ or an apologist for Wolves……anyway….here is her post..( I couldn’t use her post without the courtesy of giving her credit).

“Maybe that’s what he’s doing? Nobody really knows, it’s more unhelpful comments by journalists which is causing trouble.

Maybe Davis has asked for Sellars’ input?
Maybe Davis respects and values Sellars’ opinion?

If Sellars is telling Davis who to pick or who to sub on/off, then unless as you say it’s based on data he’s receiving in game, it’s completely unnecessary toe treading, even if Davis isn’t the full manager. But I’m not gonna sit here slagging Sellars for something he might or might not be doing.”

…………………………………………..

This was all done before the pic was posted today……unless something new is brought to light, I think the reaction to the pic and my response was ott. Go back and read the incredible reactions to that pic.
I presumed that whatever he was doing or doodling was harmless or of no importance.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked at some of the ‘ Sellars feeding suggestions to the coaches” you mentioned and just by quicly scanning some of the posts, it seems that the Mix has different opinions on this issue that pertains to a NOTHING PICTURE.

This particular post caught my eye by @JadeWolf who, imo, is level headed and reasonable and she was discussing this issue of Sellars giving abide to Davis. I am not cherry picking but I doubt anybody would think that Jade is a ‘shill’ or an apologist for Wolves……anyway….here is her post..( I couldn’t use her post without the courtesy of giving her credit).

“Maybe that’s what he’s doing? Nobody really knows, it’s more unhelpful comments by journalists which is causing trouble.

If Sellars is telling Davis who to pick or who to sub on/off, then unless as you say it’s based on data he’s receiving in game, it’s completely unnecessary toe treading, even if Davis isn’t the full manager. But I’m not gonna sit here slagging Sellars for something he might or might not be doing.”

…………………………………………..

This was all done before the pic was posted today……unless something new is brought to light, I think the reaction to the pic and my response was ott. Go back and read the incredible reactions to that pic.
I presumed that whatever he was doing or doodling was harmless or of no importance.
We spoke about this very issue of speculation the other night.

The reality is that if Sellars was effectively making match day decisions we’ll never be in the room when it is confirmed that this is the case. I’m a litigation lawyer, and it is rare that you have ‘smoking gun’ evidence in even the most clear cut cases. In these cases you rely on your best evidence, which if it sufficiently defeats the best evidence of your opponent, will usually prevail.

So, applying that rubric, the best evidence that Sellars is interfering/overreaching is well laid out by Jefe, with journalists appraising of this, and now photographic evidence supporting this theory. The best evidence to the contrary which you’ve currently provided is a more optimistic outlook from a fellow poster.

It would be a dystopian nightmare if we could only comment on things of which were 100% certain (see Greek philosopher Pyrrho), and in the absence of this it’s fair to assign likelihoods based on evidence. And this appears to be one of those cases. Anyhow hope all is well.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We spoke about this very issue of speculation the other night.

The reality is that if Sellars was effectively making match day decisions we’ll never be in the room when it is confirmed that this is the case. I’m a litigation lawyer, and it is rare that you have ‘smoking gun’ evidence in even the most clear cut cases. In these cases you rely on your best evidence, which if it sufficiently defeats the best evidence of your opponent, will usually prevail.

So, applying that rubric, the best evidence that Sellars is interfering/overreaching is well laid out by Jefe, with journalists appraising of this, and now photographic evidence supporting this theory. The best evidence to the contrary which you’ve currently provided is a more optimistic outlook from a fellow poster.

It would be a dystopian nightmare if we could only comment on things of which were 100% certain (see Greek philosopher Pyrrho), and in the absence of this it’s fair to assign likelihoods based on evidence. And this appears to be one of those cases. Anyhow hope all is well.
You got home ok…good.

Yes we did talk about speculation;and it’s rife here lately but not from me. A pic is posted and there’s mountains of speculation running rampant…..the sky is falling etc.
I’m only trying to defend myself from accusations of being a wI’m, trolling, a shill etc. but I’ll stand by my own mind, thx.
However, neither am I a NOT a lemming and my iq is not too shabby. I understand your profession and your experience but this is just a bloody football forum.
So forget your best evidence or Jefe’s post.

Mind you, I don’t care if Davis is asking for more input or Sellars offers his two cents worth. It’s probably a case of all hands on deck right now.
Everybody else on here always knows better than Nuno, or Bruno or the next guy so what if somebody in Wolves mgt. offers an opinion to Steve?

Why did you say the best evidence I provided is from a fellow poster.?…..it’s ALL from posters or journalists, just as you mentioned Jefe. ( btw, journalists too are very speculative, right?…….in football I practically pay them pno heed).

You said…”, the best evidence that Sellars is interfering/overreaching is well laid out by Jefe,” Crickey, are you holding Jefe’s opinion as definitive proof? He a reasonably bright chap but is his opinion any more valid than Jade or mine or other post on that thread?

We hold these truths to be self evident.

BTW, good fellow, this Malbec is very good:)

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You got home ok…good.

Yes we did talk about speculation;and it’s rife here lately but not from me. A pic is posted and there’s mountains of speculation running rampant…..the sky is falling etc.
I’m only trying to defend myself from accusations of being a wI’m, trolling, a shill etc. but I’ll stand by my own mind, thx.
However, neither am I a NOT a lemming and my iq is not too shabby. I understand your profession and your experience but this is just a bloody football forum.
So forget your best evidence or Jefe’s post.

Mind you, I don’t care if Davis is asking for more input or Sellars offers his two cents worth. It’s probably a case of all hands on deck right now.
Everybody else on here always knows better than Nuno, or Bruno or the next guy so what if somebody in Wolves mgt. offers an opinion to Steve?

Why did you say the best evidence I provided is from a fellow poster.?…..it’s ALL from posters or journalists, just as you mentioned Jefe. ( btw, journalists too are very speculative, right?…….in football I practically pay them pno heed).

You said…”, the best evidence that Sellars is interfering/overreaching is well laid out by Jefe,” Crickey, are you holding Jefe’s opinion as definitive proof? He a reasonably bright chap but is his opinion any more valid than Jade or mine or other post on that thread?

We hold these truths to be self evident.

BTW, good fellow, this Malbec is very good:)
Ok last one as we get embroiled but I meant Jefe has set out the main things I would say so I was being lazy in not retyping it. Also I didn’t intend to come across as patronising so apologies if so.

Also had a nice Rioja which has anaesthetised the loss a little, enjoy. I’ve been frantically searching for any commentary linking Amorim to us now that his release clause has dropped from £30m to £10m; if we get him rather than Villa, all is forgiven for Shi.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok last one as we get embroiled but I meant Jefe has set out the main things I would say so I was being lazy in not retyping it. Also I didn’t intend to come across as patronising so apologies if so.

Also had a nice Rioja which has anaesthetised the loss a little, enjoy. I’ve been frantically searching for any commentary linking Amorim to us now that his release clause has dropped from £30m to £10m; if we get him rather than Villa, all is forgiven for Shi.
You’re polite and civil….not patronizing. It’s all cool.

Don‘t know what to think anymore regarding Wolves…….just gotta hope for the best as I have no input.
Cheers

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you for your insults and unsolicited command on what I do with my life.
In the meantime I will let you get back to the Great Diagram Conspiracy. Time well spent.
You do realise you also spent equal time arguing your points in the very same thread? Specifically attempting to debunk said Great Diagram Conspiracy.

But I apologise if I’ve taken you away from your great work. I’m sure the good people of Nobel will be on the phone about your award any moment.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has to be photoshopped or someone's using paint right?
Sellars hasn't drawn that on paper and said here you go lads do this. Surely not. Right?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this pic is legit why is SD saying otherwise re tactics / input?
Who pays his wages? You don’t **** where you eat.

Or

He is playing the party line as a good employee, who feels he owes the guy who gave and kept him in his jobs at the club a favour to protect him. Also If he does admit sellers is the brains/heavily influenced in game decisions, then he affects his ability to get another senior job as he will just have been a glorified cones and ball boy influenced by others when he is meant to make the decisions. People knowing this about him significantly affects his employment chances elsewhere

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

…………………………………………..

Have you listened to the e&s podcast, those guys are excellent at getting nuggets out the club to share with us.

Also Liam and Nathan have great. Timing together, with only a smudge more time together it will be back to where it was when spiers was doing it with him.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You’re polite and civil….not patronizing. It’s all cool.

Don‘t know what to think anymore regarding Wolves…….just gotta hope for the best as I have no input.
Cheers

I think in general people are just very angry at the moment and the Mix is as good an outlet for the anger as any.

I think ultimately the club is being run badly at the moment.

I would say that up until we spent £35m on a prospect (silva) (something the likes of Man City can do as they already have squad depth…. If we spend £35m it needed to be a first team ready player) and got rid of Dalrymple (who seemed to engage well with fans) and also Thelwell……

Up until this point we were ran well.

I’m not sure why things changed. I know the whole “pandemic” was a factor but that didn’t influence all of the poor decision making.

Rumour has it that Silva wasn’t a Nuno signing.

Scott Sellars comes across as being quite smug (that’s me being polite). I don’t like the guy….. but my gut feel suggests that he is simply a yes man to Jeff Shi and will likely be made the scape goat this week.

I think we need some changes higher up. Namely Jeff Shi. And we need to alter the model massively.

We are In the midst of a cost of living crisis over here. The country is being run into the ground. It’s more of a cost burden than ever to go to the football and now it feels like our club is being run into the ground.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m angry about the current direction of the team and the management situation. However I see the photograph of Sellars with a tactics board and an ear-piece as someone doing the in-match analysis part of their job. I’d read that various people have done this role at Molineux in recent years and it seems that Sellars is doing it now. The earpiece allows the incumbent of this role to pass the information to the bench immediately. I’ve read a little about these roles as a I used to work in an analysis role myself (not in football). It’s great that we’re doing it, all clubs in the Premier League will have people doing the same.

The photo isn’t a smoking gun that Sellars is some kind of demon puppet master or Wolverhampton’s equivalent of Dr Claw from Gadget’s Gadget, causing chaos from behind a screen!

I understand that people need to vent their anger at someone but I feel the chants in the ground and uproar over the photo is misguided.

Shi is the man responsible for the manager situation. The only way I can see a way out of this mess is if his plan means the new manager is nailed on to take over after the World Cup and will spend the WC at the club.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m angry about the current direction of the team and the management situation. However I see the photograph of Sellars with a tactics board and an ear-piece as someone doing the in-match analysis part of their job. I’d read that various people have done this role at Molineux in recent years and it seems that Sellars is doing it now. The earpiece allows the incumbent of this role to pass the information to the bench immediately. I’ve read a little about these roles as a I used to work in an analysis role myself (not in football). It’s great that we’re doing it, all clubs in the Premier League will have people doing the same.

The photo isn’t a smoking gun that Sellars is some kind of demon puppet master or Wolverhampton’s equivalent of Dr Claw from Gadget’s Gadget, causing chaos from behind a screen!

I understand that people need to vent their anger at someone but I feel the chants in the ground and uproar over the photo is misguided.

Shi is the man responsible for the manager situation. The only way I can see a way out of this mess is if his plan means the new manager is nailed on to take over after the World Cup and will spend the WC at the club.

We need a manager to work with the team and shape during the World Cup break and ideally this week, it will be a disaster waiting till after it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a manager to work with the team and shape during the World Cup break and ideally this week, it will be a disaster waiting till after it.

Totally agree. 3 defeats coming up for certain if it is left as it is by the 2 clowns.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless a change is made before Brentford just accept we are going to get battered most weeks
I have accepted there will be no change, and as a result have accepted we are going to lose most weeks (at until an outstanding candidate comes in in January) leading to relegation. Leaves me feeling calmer and more relaxed, with a huge dose of apathy towards the team.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s what I’m hoping the plan is. It has to be, doesn’t it?!?! It is the plan, isn’t it Jeff? Isn’t it?!?!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what I’m hoping the plan is. It has to be, doesn’t it?!?! It is the plan, isn’t it Jeff? Isn’t it?!?!
I sadly don't think they have a clue and probably all need to be sacked.

Reality is that won't happen however they simply have to get a fire fighting manager in who will keep us in the division now, ideal candidates out the window.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Putting aside all the conspiracy theories as to whether Sellers is calling the shots, or at the least contributing to, in game management, something else is how this looks.

When you see so many players, not to mention all the staff on the touchline, covering their mouths, because they are VERY aware that each word has the potential of being picked up on camera/audio and scrutinised I find it really difficult to believe that Sellers wouldn't have this awareness either and struggle to understand what is going though Sellers head allowing himself to put in that position.

Either it shows complete naivety or just plain arrogance but how many other 'directors of football' in other clubs are getting caught out like this. On media blunders its equivalent to our chancellor coming out of a budget meeting with the meeting minutes on show.

Oh wait.......

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting aside all the conspiracy theories as to whether Sellers is calling the shots, or at the least contributing to, in game management, something else is how this looks.

When you see so many players, not to mention all the staff on the touchline, covering their mouths, because they are VERY aware that each word has the potential of being picked up on camera/audio and scrutinised I find it really difficult to believe that Sellers wouldn't have this awareness either and struggle to understand what is going though Sellers head allowing himself to put in that position.

Either it shows complete naivety or just plain arrogance but how many other 'directors of football' in other clubs are getting caught out like this. On media blunders its equivalent to our chancellor coming out of a budget meeting with the meeting minutes on show.

Oh wait.......

It wouldn't even mean anything if technical staff from another club were caught doing this. As stated, it happens all the time. It would have been a non photo

However concerning his current situation, he should have been more aware.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
It wouldn't even mean anything if technical staff from another club were caught doing this. As stated, it happens all the time. It would have been a non photo

However concerning his current situation, he should have been more aware.
Oh yes absolutely agree, especially when those things happen in isolation.

Its when you consider it in the context of the overall situation that questions need to be asked.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe but when it’s being twisted to defend the club I’m not so sure.
Who’s doing any twisting?
If you’re taking a dig at me…….tell me straight up, man to man. If you think I twist things then you’re calling me a liar.

I‘m not a fool and won’t act like one, will remain logical and rational.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I heard directly from someone that spoke to and knows a steward, that the thick ******* Sellars was caught giving orders to Davis via a walkie talkie that was on the same frequency as the stewards’. Whether the steward was making it up I don’t know, but the person that told me definitely wasn’t.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s doing any twisting?
If you’re taking a dig at me…….tell me straight up, man to man. If you think I twist things then you’re calling me a liar.

I‘m not a fool and won’t act like one, will remain logical and rational.
Wasn’t aimed at you personally

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully the mockery that's resulting from this will result in an emergency exit for Mr Sellars.
To be replaced with someone else to do exactly the same thing?? Sellers isn’t the key problem at all. Those allowing/instructing this to happen at the top of the tree are the the guilty ones

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The smoking gun !!!

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to draw a big dick on his ****ing board

He's the source of all our problems

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve heard he was actually giving information to the Leicester bench because he hates us that much.

Oh no, that can’t be right cos Leicester were quite good.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve heard he was actually giving information to the Leicester bench because he hates us that much.

Oh no, that can’t be right cos Leicester were quite good.
Hey any illogical conspiracy is as worthy as the next one at this point.

You do know that Mother Theresa was on the Grassy Knoll when JFK was shot…..right? :cool::cool:

Back
Top Bottom