Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What on earth is this?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s ****ing terrible. Jesus Christ it’s the least technical diagram in the history of diagrams. If that’s the ****ing level put my dog in as interim manager.
Exactly….its a useless diagram.
Why or what he’s doing with it we have no idea….well I don’t anyway.
But others seem sooooooooo absolutely sure what it’s for…..fine.

Personally, after todays game, I am more worried about a lack of a coach, our injuries and our inability to score goals.
I‘m not the least concerned about some chicken scratches on a piece of paper……..but, hey, whatever floats some fans’ boats. Have at it.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 31016

Why?

His job is identify players for the employed head coach. - general fail

His job is identify future head coaches in the designated style of play for the continuity of the club. -colosal fail

What he shouldn't be doing is playing at manager, leave that to the employed head coach. If things aren't going right then consult your prepared list of head coaches to take over. ****ing about playing at manager and meddling with match day performance whilst not taking the responsibility of the outcome is not your domain nor never should be.

FFS Jeff get this sorted. The right people doing the right jobs.
Count ourselves lucky it’s not drawn in mango pickle on a family sized naan

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally, after todays game, I am more worried about a lack of a coach, our injuries and our inability to score goals.
I‘m not the least concerned about some chicken scratches on a piece of paper……..but, hey, whatever floats some fans’ boats. Have at it.
It does t concern you that ‘introduction to football - Level 1’ standard tactics are being relayed by radio to our youth team coaching staff? Really?

StLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
I both agree and disagree to a certain extent.

It’s not the issue that he’s looking at positions tactics etc to discuss afterwards when analysing and I do think he is being scapegoated for that. What I find breathtaking is the arrogance. He will be fully aware of the noise surrounding this issue and to blatantly carry on is both unwise and inflammatory

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been Laurie and thelwell go onto other things

Wonder why Sellars hasn't ...........

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Can't for the life of me remember which World Cup (probably 78 or 82) but there was a manager in the dug-out with a chess board sat on his lap and he was moving pieces around, which represented players. The BBC commentator found it highly amusing. Just saying like.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Surely it’s a photoshop? It honestly can’t be real. Premier league football match and there’s a few squiggles on a mini whiteboard to guide tactics. It’s completely and utterly mind blowing. What if some of the Leicester players actually move? Doesn’t that ruin everything?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does t concern you that ‘introduction to football - Level 1’ standard tactics are being relayed by radio to our youth team coaching staff? Really?
I absolutely don’t believe , even for a fraction of a moment that “introduction to football - Level 1’ standard tactics are being relayed by radio to our youth team coaching staff”.

Do you believe that? If there’s even an ounce of truth to that, then Wolves will drop further down than the Championship.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He might as well playing be snakes and ladders on that board with the alarming slide we are on.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it’s a photoshop? It honestly can’t be real. Premier league football match and there’s a few squiggles on a mini whiteboard to guide tactics. It’s completely and utterly mind blowing. What if some of the Leicester players actually move? Doesn’t that ruin everything?
Surely that would be cheating and VAR would catch it?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can see various points where he's wiped an x or two out.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing that image does confirm, is that Nunes is supposed to be playing as an attacking midfielder, who's supposed to run into and occupy the same space as Traore. In that sense, I'd say we executed the game plan quite well!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely don’t believe , even for a fraction of a moment that “introduction to football - Level 1’ standard tactics are being relayed by radio to our youth team coaching staff”.

Do you believe that? If there’s even an ounce of truth to that, then Wolves will drop further down than the Championship.
Look at the picture and tell me what you see?

Tiki taka? Total football? A tactical master plan?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the picture and tell me what you see?

Tiki taka? Total football? A tactical master plan?
It’s a copy of Pep’s attack plan for fishing in the Hebrides.
Sorry, best I can do……..

Seriously…this is much ado about nothing, imo

T

TheConcourse

This really made me laugh.

Even more than the expectation that Collins is going to get that amount of whip on the ball into Nunes.

And then the expectation that Traore has to make a forward run without the ball to collect the Nunes pass.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dan Ashworth is seen as one of the best DoF around and he didn’t have any sort of playing career anywhere near Sellars level and had an almost identical path to being a sporting director from academy coach except at a much lower level. It all means nothing really, past playing experience is no barometer of success for his current job
Good points..
I never argued that the career as a player mattered. I simply meant experience as a DOF or a job with same responsibilty.
And of course Ashworth had not been a DOF before he become one at Albion, so I agree with you in that regard.
Comparing the two I find it interesting that when Ashworth later spoke about his role at Albion, he said "It was about devising and getting a strategy that would put West Bromwich Albion in a good place for years to come and just get a thoroughness around those processes"

That's exactly what Sellars hasn't been able to do at Wolves. We're in a mess and a big part of it is a lack of strategy.

Rather Sellars waa supposedly promoted because Shi trusts him and was happy that he made the academy run financially healthy.

That's all good and fine. But then leave him to run the academy. Don't make him DOF.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of fans throwing there toys out of there prams .
What's wrong with sitting in the stands and making notes?
I'd have thought our caretaker duo need all the help and advice they can get

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good grief! Now that’s silly.
I‘m supposed to agree with you to make you feel good? Or, worse else lie to you how I interpret things?
If you aren’t a paid shill I utterly despair for you defending that shambles.

But if you’re genuine, fair enough I apologise for questioning your integrity but don’t ever go into coaching!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nepotism. This guy has done some serious brown nosing to get where he has, and it's unwarranted as he's crap.

Back
Top Bottom