Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What on earth is this?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that people don’t like him, though don’t entirely understand why. Especially those who seem to think because he wasn’t a great player he’s not qualified to coach or run the technical side of the club, most top managers weren’t great players
I think most people could accept if was just part of the coaching staff. I do actually think he's s decent youth coach.
But being de facto DOF without previous succes or experience in that role and with zero managerial experience at senior level, seems bizarre.
I do think he gets too much of the blame though. Just like Davis its hardly his fault that he's been put in a position he isn't qualified for.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is this? Is it anything unusual?

Looks like a senior Wolves official watching the game and taking notes.
I presume all clubs do it.
It be worse if he was playing golf or at the pub.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most people could accept if was just part of the coaching staff. I do actually think he's s decent youth coaching.
But being de facto DOF without previous succes or experience in that role and with zero managerial experience at senior level, seems bizarre.
I do think he gets too much of the blame though. Just like Davis its hardly his fault that he's been put in a position he isn't qualified for.

Dan Ashworth is seen as one of the best DoF around and he didn’t have any sort of playing career anywhere near Sellars level and had an almost identical path to being a sporting director from academy coach except at a much lower level. It all means nothing really, past playing experience is no barometer of success for his current job

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
What makes it worse is you actually see the resemblance to how we play and it’s simply not working. If you didn’t laugh you’d cry.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're all missing the big question. Who'll be the first to defend this? Holiday Madeley or Liam-not-very-Keen?
The journalists covering Wolves should be asking all sorts of questions. Instead they take whatever the club spoon feeds them
They say as the clubs tell them to do so. Pawns.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dan Ashworth is seen as one of the best DoF around and he didn’t have any sort of playing career anywhere near Sellars level and had an almost identical path to being a sporting director from academy coach except at a much lower level. It all means nothing really, past playing experience is no barometer of success for his current job
Do you know what’s a GREAT barometer? Our current league position and ridiculously abject performances.

Getting really paranoid about club shills on here all of a sudden. I know, I know, I’m paranoid.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you know what’s a GREAT barometer? Our current league position and ridiculously abject performances.

Getting really paranoid about club shills on here all of a sudden. I know, I know, I’m paranoid.

Like I say I get that people are annoyed with him, I am too. I just don’t think “he was a rubbish player” is a genuine reason

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're all missing the big question. Who'll be the first to defend this? Holiday Madeley or Liam-not-very-Keen?
The journalists covering Wolves should be asking all sorts of questions. Instead they take whatever the club spoon feeds them
You got your answer in the next post, sycophant @VancouverWolf, totally predictable. :)

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone who has never been a manager, advising someone who has never been a manager, how to manage a Premier league club.
He was employed by someone who had never had anything to do with football, before he came to Wolves..

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fault rests with Shi. His lack of football nouse and acumen does not allow him to see the inevitable consequences of letting his acolytes extend their remit beyond agreed boundaries. Sellars is a charlatan but he has sadly seems to have been given free reign. It is now coming home to roost and our sad long term fans will have to sift through the wreckage....
Also whoever is monitoring Shi they are failing

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Helloooooooo Scott
Honestly though, I don't think it is.
If he was planning the tactics on that there whiteboard he's not exactly able to convey that message to the players on the pitch. What is he gonna do hold it up?
There are better ways.
I'd guess it was an analysis of Leicester's positions rather than our plan.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly though, I don't think it is.
If he was planning the tactics on that there whiteboard he's not exactly able to convey that message to the players on the pitch. What is he gonna do hold it up?
There are better ways.
I'd guess it was an analysis of Leicester's positions rather than our plan.
Yeah you don’t really think that

Back
Top Bottom