Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What do we fans want to see?

Q

Queensland Wolf

I was speaking to my brother Jonzy the other day and I put it to him what did he want to see when he watched the Wolves? I asked him because it is a question all fans should ask. I want to see them playing a fast moving passing style of football that is exciting edge of the seat stuff. I don't want to see results ground out.

I wonder if the owner knows an answer to that question or even if he has pondered it. For eaxample,this season I would be pleased if I was a Swansea fan because of the football they have played. I would of course be disappointed as a fan if we (Swansea) went down but just disappointed not devastated.

As a Wolves fan I am very angry because we have not left a good impression and are slipping away from the EPL and will only be remembered for playing diabolical football.

What do other fans want to see?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Winning is the first factor obviously but then you hope you can do it with a bit of pace and flair.Over the piece I would rather do it the Swansea way than the Clayhead way.

C

Cruyff_Wulf

Football. We haven't seen much of it played by Wolves' teams over the last 3 seasons.

C

Cruyff_Wulf

Queensland - you are spot on. It's not relegation, per se, that's causing the pain. It's the sheer ineptitude of the Club both on and off the pitch. It looks and acts like it's in complete disarray (which I'm sure it isn't - the fact it has got the new training complex through planning and will be a reality in a couple of years shows that the Club can do things well (and it has nothing to do with "the Houses")).

We need a fundamental review of the Club. Moxey's needs to appoint a DoF to oversee all footballing aspects of the Club (scouting, Academy, sports science etc). We then need to appoint a manager / 1st team coach, ideally someone on an upward curve, who can embrace the direction football is going and is not a manager stuck in a style/method that is decades old. Who that is, I dont know. There are some excellent young managers / coaches in German football (which I think compares closest to English football (albeit the players are more technically gifted) - you only have to look at the success rate of players that come to the PL from the Bundesliga). But we need a Nicky Hammond / Dan Ashworth is asap so they can identify and interview these candidates.

I have no faith in Moxey's judgement in finding a suitable candidate to take this Club forward (despite 3 years in the PL, I believe we have stagnated, footballing-wise, for the last few years). I fear he will go back to Bruce and appoint him, because he wants / needs a quick appointment in late May/early JUne and cannot afford another recruitment process that is ridiculed by the press.

D

Deleted member 3545

entertainment for example Newcastle under Keegan (1st time round)

D

Dewsburywolf

We need a fundamental review of the Club. Moxey's needs to appoint a DoF to oversee all footballing aspects of the Club (scouting, Academy, sports science etc). We then need to appoint a manager / 1st team coach, ideally someone on an upward curve, who can embrace the direction football is going and is not a manager stuck in a style/method that is decades old. Who that is, I dont know. There are some excellent young managers / coaches in German football (which I think compares closest to English football (albeit the players are more technically gifted) - you only have to look at the success rate of players that come to the PL from the Bundesliga). But we need a Nicky Hammond / Dan Ashworth is asap so they can identify and interview these candidates.

And yet you still get posters on here who want us to play 4-4-2 with two wingers :confused: :confused:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want to see us win and I don't care how. I had this argument with my PE teacher back in the 70's I would rather see us win 1-0 in the worst match ever (League Cup Final 1980 is just one example) than lose 4-3 in the best game ever. Maybe I'm wrong but I will never change. Right now I would give anything for 5 straight 1-0 victories with us playing the worst football in living memory.

W

wolvo_boi

My missus is a clayhead . . .

Despise them but you have to admire them, it is ugly but effective

We are just ugly and ineffective

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I want to see us win and I don't care how. I had this argument with my PE teacher back in the 70's I would rather see us win 1-0 in the worst match ever (League Cup Final 1980 is just one example) than lose 4-3 in the best game ever. Maybe I'm wrong but I will never change. Right now I would give anything for 5 straight 1-0 victories with us playing the worst football in living memory.

I can't disagree with that.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do other fans want to see?

Morgan and Moxey blindfolded, tied to a stake as the squad raise their rifles.

Refuse them a final cigarette as it's bad for their health, as all middle class puritans never cease telling the rest of us.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed...

Out of interest was the PE teacher Arth (sp?) or Turner?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed...

Out of interest was the PE teacher Arth (sp?) or Turner?

Peter Hearth one of my favourite teachers. He always signed his name P G Hearth on the notice boards so we always stuck an I in between the P and G.

E

Essex Wolf

The original question could be used for many things regarding the club.

From the owner I'd like to see some clarity and open admissions as to his aims and goals for now and the future.

From Moxey I'd like to see him do better PR work as regards the supporters,

From the manager I'd like to see someone with an idea of what to do and what's needed.

And from the team, some entertainment and ability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Peter Hearth one of my favourite teachers. He always signed his name P G Hearth on the notice boards so we always stuck an I in between the P and G.

Peter Hearth...that's the man. One of my favourites, also liked Stan Turner. Mind you, if you were fat and unfit they could be evil $$$$$$$s... :) 'The Red Hand' of Hearthy...

Anyway, back on topic, I'll take 1 - 0 wins all the way.

S

Skonsengwolf

This, 1000 percent. Rather play like Stoke and win, than play like Swansea and lose. Right now we play like Stoke and lose and nothing could be worse than that!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Morgan and Moxey blindfolded, tied to a stake as the squad raise their rifles.

Refuse them a final cigarette as it's bad for their health, as all middle class puritans never cease telling the rest of us.

And they would miss from point blank range because they can't shoot from distance.Others would be missing from duty due to injury some because they were out on loan and others because they have been misfiring all season:D

S

SimplyTheWolves

I want to see positive attacking football with imagination, by a team that wants to win every game, where every player is willing to do all they can for each other without the fear of losing.

If we lose then we will lose with the right attitude, but if we get the right players where winning is as important to them as it is us, then by the law of averages victories will prevail.

hoop

Reaction score
Remember Henri Camara in the prem last time? Forget all the rubbish that went on later, every time he got the ball it got the crowd on its feet.

Thats what I want. Excitement!

D

dazmanwolf

I want to see a crowd cheering them on no matter what and an end to the pathetic banners that are pre-meditated and promote the negativity surrounding the club instead of creating positivity.

Remember Southampton when we were hammered....that atmosphere EVERY game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I want to see a highly organised, mentally strong and disciplined Wolves side which knows what it is doing. Akin to the German national side.

Using those qualites as a base, plus other football elements posters have mentioned, and having players to excite the crowd.

Oh, thst sounds like Barcelona.... better lower my sights slightly.

E

Essex Wolf

I want to see a crowd cheering them on no matter what and an end to the pathetic banners that are pre-meditated and promote the negativity surrounding the club instead of creating positivity.

Remember Southampton when we were hammered....that atmosphere EVERY game.

Fully agreed daz but can't see it happening that often and maybe not for a long while.

There are so many Wolves supporters who believed this season would see the club progress after all the talk coming from Morgan and Moxey that what has actually taken place has come as a devastating blow.

A lot of faith, trust and belief has been eroded and it could take a long while for it to come back.

J

JR's Boots

I want to see Wolves play the way Bilbao did against Manure. A combination of aggressive, highly organised defending based on team work allied with pacy attacking football, with the ball kept on the floor.

The real indictment to me this season is that I can't remember one defence splitting pass from midfield.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I want to see Wolves play the way Bilbao did against Manure. A combination of aggressive, highly organised defending based on team work allied with pacy attacking football, with the ball kept on the floor.

The real indictment to me this season is that I can't remember one defence splitting pass from midfield.

Would love to see Wolves playing like Bilbao did at OT, JR.

We'll need a manager whose football philosphy is that way inclined...

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This, 1000 percent. Rather play like Stoke and win, than play like Swansea and lose. Right now we play like Stoke and lose and nothing could be worse than that!

Stoke will only progress further now if they change their style (which they are trying to do...little by little and very slowly mind).

So why follow a style which ultimately is limited and can only get you so far?

Why not start out with a style which can let you reach for the stars and allow you to have a blueprint to follow for the foreseeable future?

That is what Swansea have.

If you want to be a good tennis player, you're better off studying the videos of Roger Federer than Arvin Parmer

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can guarantee that you'll see us playing the worst football in living memory but I doubt they will end in 1-0 victories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke will only progress further now if they change their style (which they are trying to do...little by little and very slowly mind).

So why follow a style which ultimately is limited and can only get you so far?

Why not start out with a style which can let you reach for the stars and allow you to have a blueprint to follow for the foreseeable future?

That is what Swansea have.

If you want to be a good tennis player, you're better off studying the videos of Roger Federer than Arvin Parmer
Stoke are a good example for us to make valid comparison. Promoted the year before us, similar size club, similar fan base etc etc. What they have done successfully is gradually evolve their side since promotion; I don't know how many of their promotion side still feature but I bet it's nowhere near the 8 we still see from our promoted side. SM has tried to keep us up on the cheap - 1 quality addition each year is not enough to keep up at this level. Add to this the outdated style of play/tactics adopted by MM and we were always a disaster waiting to happen. We should have been bringing in 3-4 good additions + using perhaps 1 top youngster (Baath?) each year and shipping out weaker players to part fund this expenditure. SM has allowed the club to stagnate, which is a disgrace.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first time in the Premier, although we struggled, there were times towards the end of that season where we played some pretty decent, exciting attacking football, remember the games at home against Middlesbrough and particularly the second half against Everton, where the Rat scored a cracker, and Cort scored the winner, we produced some gutsy exciting football, I'd love to see something along those lines, but with a better defence obviously.

I'd love us to play like Everton do nowadays, not the best team in the league, but theyre quite a skillful outfit and its always a hard place to go.

E

Edgmond Wolf

This this this
I just want to see us WIN

Back
Top Bottom