Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'We're in a relegation fight' - Lambert

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some vaguely interesting stats at the 18-game mark.

We've conceded 23 goals. The average for the Championship as a whole is 22. Only four in the bottom half of the table have conceded fewer than us.

We've scored 19 goals. The Championship average is 23. Only five teams - the three below us plus Ipswich and Derby - have scored fewer goals than us

We're critical of both attack and defence, but the goals comparison hints at (nothing conclusive, mind) the lack of goals being scored as more problematic than the number being conceded, in terms of our league position.

Get some goalscoring flair into the side, eh?!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some vaguely interesting stats at the 18-game mark.

We've conceded 23 goals. The average for the Championship as a whole is 22. Only four in the bottom half of the table have conceded fewer than us.

We've scored 19 goals. The Championship average is 23. Only five teams - the three below us plus Ipswich and Derby - have scored fewer goals than us

We're critical of both attack and defence, but the goals comparison hints at (nothing conclusive, mind) the lack of goals being scored as more problematic than the number being conceded, in terms of our league position.

Get some goalscoring flair into the side, eh?!
Always said, you can't concede goals when the balls not in your half*. The further away it is from our defence, the better.

*provided Charlie Adam's not playing for the opposition

M

Monkey Man

That video is just awful, he basically rights off the players not in the first team.

Also if he thinks we were in the game Saturday then I don't think we need to worry as he'all be gone by Jan.

I never liked him at Villa but I'm beginning to hate him at Wolves.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cava, Tex and Costa playing together: appx 300 minutes. Goals: 3-9.
2 of them playing together: appx 450 minutes. Goals 8-4
1 of them or less: appx 870 minutes: Goals. 8-10

Play them all = bad choice
Play two of them = success both attacking and defending
Play one of them or less = average/no good

That also depends on the opposition

D

Deleted member 4099

How can so much change in 3 weeks. Lambert's quotes seem to have gone from:

"Bar Newcastle, anyone is catchable. Top 6 is not out the question" >>> "We are in a relegation fight".
"Everyone starts with a clean slate" >>> "The new players have had their chance".
"Playing on the front foot" >>> "We need to grind out 0-0's"

I am dreading the team selection on Thursday. We seem to have waved the white flag already and think we will be lucky to get a 0-0 at the mighty QPR. I am just waiting for Lambert's pre-match interview when he bigs up QPR and says how we can only dream to be as good as them like he did for Sheff Weds.

The team selection seems blindingly obvious until Jan:

GK - Ikeme
FBs - Silvio/CBJ - both can play football, control a ball and pass to a team-mate 10 yards away
CBs - Batth/Stears - need experience in the middle. Sadly, the best we have at the min. Need two new CBs in Jan
Def mid - Saiss/Price - will be enough to provide a decent shield against most championship teams and can both find a man with the ball
Att mid - Cav/Prince/Costa - surely there is not much better attacking options than this in this league?
For - Dicko - will score given chances and a run of games

Play that team together for a run of games and we will climb the league. Sadly, I think Lambert will revert to his Villa days of dull, defensive, uncreative tactics where we always set up that way because the opposition is so much better than us. Heard it all before in his Villa days and he seems to think we are one of the worse teams in the league already after 3 weeks.

I was actually enjoying the season under Zenga despite the ups and downs...oh well....

I'd love to see that team given the next 3/4 games.

D

Deleted member 3751

He didn't ostracise anyone, this is crazy, read the whole quote, he was talking about cav and tex, who have been involved in 13 and 15 league games each, check out this page https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/161 for stats including minutes played and see where they are, especially compared to some of the old guard. And in any regard, Lambert has only been here for 2 games, so whats the excuse for not reaching the levels of Newcastle and Villa in the other games? Lamberts point was that a lot of the new players have played a lot of the games recently (Saiss 8, Prince 10) and that he wanted to look at some of the others who hadnt featured as much this year (Saville 7 before Lambert arrived, Price 4) considering the stats i gave you before about the amount of games we'd lost and our performance in them i'm amazed people are so angry/surprised that he wanted to try something different. Zernga's way was pretty fun but it wasn't working

And this way is pretty **** and isn't working. Saville is a pathetic excuse for a footballer, Price isn't up to the level we need. The players we have brought in are generally young and have no experience in this league, it's a huge shift for them and they need to be given time to adjust. If we played academy players who played an excellent game followed by three or four mediocre/poor ones would we be saying they're not good enough? No, is the answer. And these new, young players need to be given the same kind of treatment.

Any manager who can write off new players, saying they've had their chance after less than a quarter of a season when they haven't even kicked a ball in anger for him deserves to be treated in the same way. He's not up to it

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately had to see 2 Wednesday fans at work today. Both of them have seen all of their matches this season and confirmed that we were, by a distance, the worst team they had seen all season. I know this is a "no s### Sherlock" moment, but sometimes it feels like we might be overreacting. Don't worry, we aren't. In Lambert we trust?

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And after that Villa game the Villa fans were saying we were the best side they'd seen by some distance.

And some think Zenga was a clown, funny old game huh

Last edited:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lambert sounds like what he is-a new manager that, unlike us, doesn't really understand what's happened this year and previously. He's been told by Thelwell and the present coaching team what's wrong and he thinks it's the new players/new vision for the club, because it's in the perspective of the old guard and, in a way, in their interests. Jeff has stepped back and allowed the old guard their way. But we know that despite the results we weren't far off being succesful. The older Wolves players let the team down in their ability to defend. The new players didn't, crucially, include a proven goal scorer, a massive mistake. But the new players offered an exciting way of playing that with a solid defence and someone to put the chances away would have put us up towards the top of the table. Lambert sounds out of his depth in his understanding of how to put things right. Relying on Saville/Edwards/Coady/Wallace etc will not see us go up the table. Much as I like some of those players individually, collectively there's no creativity or spark. The problem is, even with Cav, Tex and Costa we still lack someone to score, unless Dicko starts firing. I hope I'm wrong and Lambert at least starts with Saiss and Cav, but in his interviews it seems that he's pointing to the wrong places for why we are in this position. Anyway, I guess we've been here before. I still trust Fosun to get it right. Bring in a new CEO to change the club from top to bottom and let's rebuild to make us what we should be. We have to put up with Lambert in the meantime. I've never been so disenchanted with a new manager so quickly.

B

Benson

And this way is pretty **** and isn't working. Saville is a pathetic excuse for a footballer, Price isn't up to the level we need. The players we have brought in are generally young and have no experience in this league, it's a huge shift for them and they need to be given time to adjust. If we played academy players who played an excellent game followed by three or four mediocre/poor ones would we be saying they're not good enough? No, is the answer. And these new, young players need to be given the same kind of treatment.

Any manager who can write off new players, saying they've had their chance after less than a quarter of a season when they haven't even kicked a ball in anger for him deserves to be treated in the same way. He's not up to it

Exactly which young new players have been written off by Lambert?
It seems to have become some sort of truth but no one really know where it came from and who its supposed to be about.
The only ones I can see have been rested or dropped compared to the Zenga team is Borthwick-Jackson and maybe Saiss.
Silvio is 29 and 6 years older than Saville/Wallace who are U23 players. Silvio almost never played under Zenga. Saiss is 3 years older and more experienced than the youths Saville/Wallace. Its true Costa, Tex and Cavaleiro are also youths but they have been playing so Lambert is not talking about them.
Gladon perhaps?

Conclusion: Everyone wants Lambert out because he have not played Gladon and Borthwich-Jackson.
I dont agree and think he has done the right thing not playing the duo.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lambert sounds like what he is-a new manager that, unlike us, doesn't really understand what's happened this year and previously. He's been told by Thelwell and the present coaching team what's wrong and he thinks it's the new players/new vision for the club, because it's in the perspective of the old guard and, in a way, in their interests. Jeff has stepped back and allowed the old guard their way. But we know that despite the results we weren't far off being succesful. The older Wolves players let the team down in their ability to defend. The new players didn't, crucially, include a proven goal scorer, a massive mistake. But the new players offered an exciting way of playing that with a solid defence and someone to put the chances away would have put us up towards the top of the table. Lambert sounds out of his depth in his understanding of how to put things right. Relying on Saville/Edwards/Coady/Wallace etc will not see us go up the table. Much as I like some of those players individually, collectively there's no creativity or spark. The problem is, even with Cav, Tex and Costa we still lack someone to score, unless Dicko starts firing. I hope I'm wrong and Lambert at least starts with Saiss and Cav, but in his interviews it seems that he's pointing to the wrong places for why we are in this position. Anyway, I guess we've been here before. I still trust Fosun to get it right. Bring in a new CEO to change the club from top to bottom and let's rebuild to make us what we should be. We have to put up with Lambert in the meantime. I've never been so disenchanted with a new manager so quickly.

He sounds like a manager on his way down who has had two failures and is desperate to avoid another. He has a totally defensive mind set. Letting a goal in is a body blow - oh dear - tell that to Brazil. Letting a goal in is a stressor that wakes a good team up.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He sounds like a manager on his way down who has had two failures and is desperate to avoid another. He has a totally defensive mind set. Letting a goal in is a body blow - oh dear - tell that to Brazil. Letting a goal in is a stressor that wakes a good team up.

Which of the 7 they conceded against Germany woke them up in that semi final :D

Bit of a problem with your premise, we're not a good team.

Which two failures has he had?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But we're not talking about an academy player having a couple of bad games. We've lost 8 of the last 13 matches, 4 clean sheets all season. We've conceded 10 goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches and haven't scored ourselves in that time at all. We have been behind in about half of our matches at half time, we've spent more time trailing than all but bristol city and rotherham and no one has spent less time in the lead than us. Those are the bare faced facts that means whatever we were doing wasn't working and Lambert is clearly trying something else.

Once again, he hasn't written anyone off, this is ridiculous, he was talking about two specific players who have featured at some capacity in the majority of our games in tex and cav.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But we're not talking about an academy player having a couple of bad games. We've lost 8 of the last 13 matches, 4 clean sheets all season. We've conceded 10 goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches and haven't scored ourselves in that time at all. We have been behind in about half of our matches at half time, we've spent more time trailing than all but bristol city and rotherham and no one has spent less time in the lead than us. Those are the bare faced facts that means whatever we were doing wasn't working and Lambert is clearly trying something else.

Once again, he hasn't written anyone off, this is ridiculous, he was talking about two specific players who have featured at some capacity in the majority of our games in tex and cav.

Worked on Saturday didn't it. Oh wait... he played the same players Jackett did bar 3 (one forced on him) and had the same result. That is a fact. Lambert has not changed a thing in his opening two matches from when Jackett was in charge and the majority of fans are sick and tired of this ****.

If you can't see that he has written off players by making comments like 'they've had enough chances' and 'we need players with championship experience' then you are in complete denial. In fact reading all of your posts I can't help but think you are in denial at the abysmal start Paul Lambert has made as manager.

That'll be a manager who has come in and alienate players based on others opinions (according to his press statements), play worse football than his predecessor in his honeymoon period with a grand total of 0 goals scored and 4, yes 4 shots on target in 2 games. (Statistically you should have about 8 shots with 4 on target to score a goal). He has managed to drop our average shots on target per game from 4 under Zenga to 2. That is the lowest score in the championship (a small data set granted). We also have the 20th placed shots per game.

Of course he has failed to win either game but you know what we should also give him a chance to show us what the Emperor's new clothes actually look like shouldn't we?

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worked on Saturday didn't it. Oh wait... he played the same players Jackett did bar 3 (one forced on him) and had the same result. That is a fact. Lambert has not changed a thing in his opening two matches from when Jackett was in charge and the majority of fans are sick and tired of this ****.

If you can't see that he has written off players by making comments like 'they've had enough chances' and 'we need players with championship experience' then you are in complete denial. In fact reading all of your posts I can't help but think you are in denial at the abysmal start Paul Lambert has made as manager.

That'll be a manager who has come in and alienate players based on others opinions (according to his press statements), play worse football than his predecessor in his honeymoon period with a grand total of 0 goals scored and 4, yes 4 shots on target in 2 games. (Statistically you should have about 8 shots with 4 on target to score a goal). He has managed to drop our average shots on target per game from 4 under Zenga to 2. That is the lowest score in the championship (a small data set granted). We also have the 20th placed shots per game.

Of course he has failed to win either game but you know what we should also give him a chance to show us what the Emperor's new clothes actually look like shouldn't we?

He's had a very poor start, in my opinion is sending out all the wrong signals, and has possibly alienated more fans than Saunders did in this first two games, although I think that is due to the disappointment following the summer of expectation.

That said, we must keep hold of him and give him the next one and probably two transfer windows to see what he can do in terms of transfers and see what his approach will be then. I dread to think what will happen either way should we look like certainties to go down, there really isn't the ideal solution at that point.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Once again, please read the full quote, he hasn't written anyone off, he hasn't alienated anyone. People have taken one small part of a much longer quote and run with their own idea of what it meant. At no point has Lambert made any connection to British or foreign, at no point has he said he won't pick the new players. He said he is having a look at those who haven't played as much this season and if you look up the stats you will see that is the likes of Price and Saville. You might not like it and thats fine, if you have read all my posts which i wouldn't advise you'll see i've even said i wouldn't want Saville on the wing, but I can understand why Lambert is trying it. Thats not denial, thats allowing a new manager to make his own decisions. He's lost one game, he might make changes for tomorrow who knows but its ridiculous to write the guy off after one defeat because you didn't like who he picked.

Please also remember he's taken over a team who had lost 8 of the last 13 matches. I liked Zenga i really did, but whatever he was doing clearly wasn't working, You say he's dropped the average shots on target but by your own admission 2 games is a ridiculous period to count this over. All i'm saying is at least give him a couple of matches before deciding he's terrible. I really can't see why thats not a fair ask

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Once again, please read the full quote, he hasn't written anyone off, he hasn't alienated anyone. People have taken one small part of a much longer quote and run with their own idea of what it meant. At no point has Lambert made any connection to British or foreign, at no point has he said he won't pick the new players. He said he is having a look at those who haven't played as much this season and if you look up the stats you will see that is the likes of Price and Saville. You might not like it and thats fine, if you have read all my posts which i wouldn't advise you'll see i've even said i wouldn't want Saville on the wing, but I can understand why Lambert is trying it. Thats not denial, thats allowing a new manager to make his own decisions. He's lost one game, he might make changes for tomorrow who knows but its ridiculous to write the guy off after one defeat because you didn't like who he picked.

Please also remember he's taken over a team who had lost 8 of the last 13 matches. I liked Zenga i really did, but whatever he was doing clearly wasn't working, You say he's dropped the average shots on target but by your own admission 2 games is a ridiculous period to count this over. All i'm saying is at least give him a couple of matches before deciding he's terrible. I really can't see why thats not a fair ask

If you can't understand why people are hacked off with Paul Lambert already then you really do have your head in the sand. As for the rest of your post it is pure conjecture and assumption and I suggest you go and watch some of the interviews PL has given as you are flat out wrong in some of your statements.

I noticed you wanted me to look at your stats but you conveniently dismissed mine. It is a double standard which hurts any credibility in your posts.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you can't understand why people are hacked off with Paul Lambert already then you really do have your head in the sand. As for the rest of your post it is pure conjecture and assumption and I suggest you go and watch some of the interviews PL has given as you are flat out wrong in some of your statements.

I noticed you wanted me to look at your stats but you conveniently dismissed mine. It is a double standard which hurts any credibility in your posts.

I didn't dismiss your stats at all, but as you yourself said it was based on only 2 games so what more do you want me to do with them. I do understand why people are hacked off, all i've said is people should give him more of a chance than 2 games. I have watched the interviews, thats why i'm defending him, because in the context of the whole interview he hasn't said what people are alleging him to have said. There are people on here who are making him out to be some kind of anti foreigner xenophobe who has ruled out picking any new players which is just not true.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You have watched and listened to something completely different to me then. And I mean that in both the games and the interviews.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have watched and listened to something completely different to me then. And I mean that in both the games and the interviews.

Ok show me the bits you're talking about.

I actually don't think we differ much on the games, i've said it wasn't very good, just not as bad as some have made out.

F

FLEET WOLF

Well said. He has a difficult task, given the slide we were on, under that shocking appointment, Zenga!

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
2 GAMES.
What is wrong with some of you.

Some here think the new guys should play as they have more skill than Saville et al.

This league needs more than that.
Lambert is I'm sure working on positioning and covering etc and we will see a change in mentality but at the minute he's doing the right thing.

No patience at all and seeing all this negativity already sickens me.

Was he defendive at Norwich. NO.
Was he defensive at Villa. YES. But needed to be.

At the minute maybe we need to be???

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was he defensive at Villa. YES. But needed to be.

At the minute maybe we need to be???

The issue is that bar a few games under Zenga we have been defensive for over 12 months, this calendar year has us firmly in relegation form, and we are only out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

We fans can see being defensive will see us being relegated, all evidence points to it yet our new manager, based on the evidence so far looks to be continuing being defensive.

So no, we don't "need to be" defensive, we need to be the exact opposite.

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
KJ's best time at Wolves was when he had the team absolutely fine tuned as a counter attacking outfit. That means being sound at the back but also having the right mix of players to absolutely tear the opposition to pieces in one move (similar to how MM's team operated with Jarvis/Kightly and a big man/little man combination up front. I honestly do believe Wolves have the players to be able to do that (particularly so if Williamson was fit or if they could get an experienced centre back in) but the two lineups PL has gone with so far are neither sound defensively and absolutely do not have the pace and precision to offer a counter attacking threat.

TheAdmiral

Reaction score
Ok show me the bits you're talking about.

I actually don't think we differ much on the games, i've said it wasn't very good, just not as bad as some have made out.
I'm with Rubberball on this one, in his interviews both video & in print PL has been quoted as saying that the new players have had their chance so much for the clean slate that he was touting earlier on! I've known a lot of managers in my time supporting Wolves over the past 40+ years but I've never gone off one this early in their reign. I don't trust him, I don't like him and I don't think he's the man to get us out of the mire that we find ourselves in.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KJ's best time at Wolves was when he had the team absolutely fine tuned as a counter attacking outfit. That means being sound at the back but also having the right mix of players to absolutely tear the opposition to pieces in one move (similar to how MM's team operated with Jarvis/Kightly and a big man/little man combination up front. I honestly do believe Wolves have the players to be able to do that (particularly so if Williamson was fit or if they could get an experienced centre back in) but the two lineups PL has gone with so far are neither sound defensively and absolutely do not have the pace and precision to offer a counter attacking threat.
Which division was this in the Julius?

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Which division was this in the Julius?

MM - Championship.
KJ - League 1 and first season in Champ.

Solid defence featuring very simple strategy. In KJ's case, get ball to McDonald who gets ball to Sako who runs with it and feeds strikers (either Griffiths or Dicko / Afobe later on).

MM - solid defence who get the ball to Dave Jones who gives it to Kightly or Jarvis who run with it and feed the big lad (CI) or goal scorer (SEB)

The set up Lambert has means when the defenders get it, they only seem to want to try and hit Bod from distance. This is way too easy to defend against so the ball comes right back within seconds.

I'd prefer, defenders give it to Saiss, he looks wide to either Costa on the right or Cav on the left, they take it forward and look for Dicko/Bod and I then have no problem at all if you've got a Coady or an Edwards putting in the leg work in the middle to break up attacks. The problem when you have Saville out wide is he's not a winger (and neither is Prince) so they are effectively purposeless.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree. So far its the worst of both worlds with PL's line ups. We desperately need to have an attacking threat from the outset and not as an afterthought when we are already 0-2 down and the team are on their knees. That means at the very least Costa and Cav must be playing with Dicko/Bod up front from the OUTSET as a counter-attacking unit. Saiss and Price should be able to provide defensive midfield cover and then I would give Prince a run too in midfield slightly further forward. Edwards or Tex as a final 20 minute impact sub. Bod and Coady as cover on the bench. Saville nowhere to be found. That at least makes some sense in terms of how we use our resources. Then stick with that at least until Jan 1. As for the defence your guess is as good as mine. Batth presumably has to come back in with perhaps Hause by his side. CBJ and Silvio to displace Iorfa and Doherty for the moment? A difficult call as everyone seems to be out of form and confidence.

D

Deleted member 4594

And after that Villa game the Villa fans were saying we were the best side they'd seen by some distance.

And some think Zenga was a clown, funny old game huh

I wish Zenga had been given the season. He was given a horribly lop sided squad (awful defenders, no goalscorers), but in my opinion he was doing a decent job of intergrating Bod, Costa, Saiss, Prince, Tex and Cav into the side, while still managing to play some entertaining football and pick up some decent results.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's another significant change I have noticed. Edwards used to be lauded for effectively arriving late into the box. I have noticed from what I have seen he has been laying the ball of and running forward waving his arms in the air to arrive next to Bod at the front of our formation. This not only gets in the way of the other forwards it leaves a massive gap in midfield for the opposition to exploit.

The first goal when Sheff Wed broke forward before we conceded the penalty, Edwards had done such a run. He was noticeably absent when all the other Wolves players were desperately sprinting back to cover. He arrived just in shot of the highlights when Doherty made his superbly timed tackle. Edwards did a lttle jig.

Is he a midfielder (debatable at the best of times), or is he a striker. It is laughable. We do not advance or retreat as a team. Stretched is putting it kindly.

B

Benson

I didn't dismiss your stats at all, but as you yourself said it was based on only 2 games so what more do you want me to do with them. I do understand why people are hacked off, all i've said is people should give him more of a chance than 2 games. I have watched the interviews, thats why i'm defending him, because in the context of the whole interview he hasn't said what people are alleging him to have said. There are people on here who are making him out to be some kind of anti foreigner xenophobe who has ruled out picking any new players which is just not true.

Threads like this reminds me why I sometimes stay away from this forum. Good posts from you, but people just wont listen. This forum is all about hate sometimes and its just very sad normally nice people just lose it and feed each other with hate and more hate.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Threads like this reminds me why I sometimes stay away from this forum. Good posts from you, but people just wont listen. This forum is all about hate sometimes and its just very sad normally nice people just lose it and feed each other with hate and more hate.

Thanks Benson. I find it amazing how this "won't pick foreigners" thing has grown. People are so caught up in such a small part of one answer they've decided that's it for all the new signings and even when you present the full quote and the appearance stats to back it up someone else comes along, ignores what you've written and you start all over again.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish Zenga had been given the season. He was given a horribly lop sided squad (awful defenders, no goalscorers), but in my opinion he was doing a decent job of intergrating Bod, Costa, Saiss, Prince, Tex and Cav into the side, while still managing to play some entertaining football and pick up some decent results.

Spot on. And after watching you do tactics with beer glasses I trust your judgement!

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people have seized on the 'no foreigners' rhetoric of Lambert because after all the excitement of their signings last summer and seeing them put in some decent/good/excellent performances during their limited chances and also playing in some of our better games like beating title favourites Newcastle on their own patch, a derby victory over Blues after being a goal down and playing Villa off the park in the second half, we now have a new manager who has said 'they had plenty of chances before I arrived', the tone being that they will get no more and we find ourselves now above the relegation zone on goals scored and watching the same dire players who disappointed playing Jacketball last season and the manager so far is coming across as a Scottish version of KJ.

Like it or not Zenga was popular here and was in tune with the club and the fans which was so refreshing after the mediocrity of the previous regime. I enjoyed the games under Zenga but the other day was every bit as bad as anything under Jackett last season if not worse

Back
Top Bottom